R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #13111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

same ones. there is only one losi lcd. they $40 though. might be worth getting a set as they are quite popular to use on a number of cars.

rather than spend money, i learned to drive around the chatter. slow in, turn, gently pull it out of the turn.
if my car was sounding like a pos, i probably took the corner too fast on too much throttle and wasn't going any faster than if i just slowed and turned in, off power.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #13112
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
same ones. there is only one losi lcd. they $40 though. might be worth getting a set as they are quite popular to use on a number of cars.

rather than spend money, i learned to drive around the chatter. slow in, turn, gently pull it out of the turn.
if my car was sounding like a pos, i probably took the corner too fast on too much throttle and wasn't going any faster than if i just slowed and turned in, off power.
maN you been a big help thanks again!!

cool i got a set on my tc4...do i have to ream out the c-hub like on the tc4 so they would fit
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #13113
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

im sure the c hubs are very similar, so ill say probably. glad if i can be of help. I wont be racing my tc5 as much this year, but if we do a modified class i might..

dont let the bashing get to you. pretty common for people to chime in on how the tc5 was a great car in its day blah blah blah. tc6 isnt really THAT different though. properly setup and driven, this car will last you a good long while.
survived my first year of noobness with no broken parts even =)
Old 05-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #13114
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Selling the last of my TC5 parts if anyone's interested great deal

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...c5r-parts.html
IL_AudiRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #13115
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
im sure the c hubs are very similar, so ill say probably. glad if i can be of help. I wont be racing my tc5 as much this year, but if we do a modified class i might..

dont let the bashing get to you. pretty common for people to chime in on how the tc5 was a great car in its day blah blah blah. tc6 isnt really THAT different though. properly setup and driven, this car will last you a good long while.
survived my first year of noobness with no broken parts even =)
i do pretty good with my tc5..im in the top 5 @ my track & i make the A @ local big races...but i do think i can get more out of the car as far as corner speed..but since i fix my cvd's ill see if my lap times will go down alil bit more
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #13116
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another thing to consider when using cvd's up front, is that all the binding in the turns will cause a slight drainage of battery power, and therefore less speed ! Switching to lcd type drives can potentially reduce your laptimes....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #13117
Tech Master

your prob better than i am then. our amain is pretty locktite. always the same crew, but they been doing it for years and years. im just happy to be BUMPING to the amain in my first year ha.
those lcds wouldn't be a bad thing to pick up if i keep this tc5 around too. checking out team magic for the moment though, so as far as our club goes, my 8Turn tc5 is a basher ha.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #13118
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Bearing upgrade

I'm VTA racing a TC5R. Class runs single cell lipo and 17.5 motors so trying to get the most out of my driveline. Problem is i'm too cheap to go ceramic bearings. Is there a bearing kit somewhere between the $10 factory kit and the $90+ ceramic kits? I found a Boca econo/sport metal shielded bearing kit for $20. Are they going to be any better than the Assoc. factory kit? What do you guys think.
rcwanaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #13119
Tech Master

I just run protek bearings in mine honestly. just lightly oil them or replace them as needed.
good luck getting even the oem kit for $10 though. last i checked, AE wanted $50 for em. i got a tube of Protek metal shielded dif bearings and wheel bearings for $20 and just chuck em out if they go bad.

i dont think ceramic bearings are really worth it unless racing at a big event in mod. though, i do have a set of ceramic dif balls for my 12th scale so maybe shouldnt talk?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #13120
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yeah your rite. Not sure what assoc. bearing kit i was looking at cause now i'm seeing the cheapest factory team kit is $43 plus shipping. I forgot to mention i got my car second hand almost 2 years ago and have only had to replace a couple bearings over that time. Just thinking it may be a good idea to replace them all.
rcwanaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #13121
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwanaB View Post
Is there a bearing kit somewhere between the $10 factory kit and the $90+ ceramic kits?
Try Avid:
http://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=396&kitname=TC5
Old 05-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #13122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Ive tried to search the thread and scrolled through some of the pages but havent seen any chatter. Would the Exotek TC5X chassis be a good choice for 17.5 Blinky? I purchased the AE lipo tray for my TC5 and had the lipo move 3 times during racing. Pinned the front belt up against the servo horn and put a groove in it as well as the lipo case.
MIP
CBs Custom RC
DoubleRJef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #13123
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRJef View Post
Ive tried to search the thread and scrolled through some of the pages but havent seen any chatter. Would the Exotek TC5X chassis be a good choice for 17.5 Blinky? I purchased the AE lipo tray for my TC5 and had the lipo move 3 times during racing. Pinned the front belt up against the servo horn and put a groove in it as well as the lipo case.
When I built my TC5, I drilled new holes in the chassis, to move the lipo out to balance the car. To keep the battery from moving inwards, I mounted 2 servo mounts on the stock inboard battery holder locations, and added some foam blocks to shim up the space. Worked great for me, never had any issues.
red7fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #13124
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

TC5 lipo tray
I also cut the tab off, as well as drilled 2 new holes in the chassis.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-tc5f-battery-relocate.jpg   Team Associated TC5-tc5f.jpg  
red7fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #13125
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleRJef View Post
Ive run into the same problem with both of my TC5s. I solved it by mounting some small weights on the inside of the battery to the chassis. They are far enough back to not interfere with the belt or servo horn, but are able to keep the lipo from sliding into them. I just mounted it with some double sided tape and has worked great for both my 17.5 blinky and VTA setups. More weight can also be added further back and act as a way of tuning the car.
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote