R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2012, 01:05 AM   #13096
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Droop is 6 front, 4 rear on each side, measured with the shocks & wheels off using the AE droop gauge.

Thanks for the reply.
Losiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:45 AM   #13097
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

99.999% sure...that your shock preload is uneven.
Check your shocks....with a tweak station.
Measuring collars with dial calipers....does not mean they are balanced.
A very small difference from side to side, will make impossible to handle car.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-set-up-1.jpg   Team Associated TC5-tweak.jpg  
red7fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #13098
Tech Addict

I haven't been this embarrassed for a long time.

I spent a couple of hours going through everything in my car. I pulled the diff out of the car to disassemble it and re-lube it.

Imagine my shock and surprise when 7 diff thrust balls came out of the diff outdrive, instead of the required 6 ?

I re-assembled the diff, properly, no prizes for guessing it is now 110% smoother and turns more free than before

I wasn't drinking when I built the car, but I must've been drunk anyhow. Probably my dumbest mistake in 26 years of r/c. Oh well, there's a lesson for young players - double check every component in your car before you blame your setup for handling problems
Losiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:40 AM   #13099
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

An old flying friend of mine....gets the award for dumbest mistake......he forgot to fasten (2) wing bolts...in a 40% airplane......he realized he forgot them, when during the middle of a flight, the wings dislodged from the fuselage, and there was nothing he could do, except take the forgotten bolts out of his pocket, and look up, as he watched his $7000K spiral into the ground.
red7fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #13100
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping somebody can answer me this.

I just got a used TC5r to race on a local track. It should be pretty setup, once I add my electronics

I also have a SC10 4X4. Associated is releasing an update kit that includes a stiff center brace for the truck. The kit also has a conversion that will allow you to run saddle packs in the truck.
currently, I use the same batteries in my SC truck, my B4.1 extended chassis buggy, and my TC5R. If I would upgrade my SC and buy new saddle packs, will they work in the TC5r?

thanks,
rcspeed
rc_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #13101
Tech Master

Of course they will. Just tape them to together and use them like a stick LiPo. If they have no bumps for the cutouts then you should look how to make sure they stay in the car in case of a crash. Otherwise there should be no problem.
wtcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #13102
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

rebuilt my tc5 tonight from the many bags it used to live in after speed weekend.
changed out most of the ballcups to team magic ones.. so so nice and no slop.
I plan to run the car as a practice car for mod, which my club doesn't run, but i hear they might run it in upcoming indoor events.

was gonna sell it, but cant bring myself to. my first car after all.
if anyone has suggestions for parkinglot ashphalt starting settings, im all ears. maybe 100/40 ft, technical. 10ft lanes, sprayed with sugar water.
dropping an 8 turn brushed in to get started.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #13103
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

rebuilt my tc5 tonight from the many bags it used to live in after speed weekend.
changed out most of the ballcups to team magic ones.. so so nice and no slop.
I plan to run the car as a practice car for mod, which my club doesn't run, but i hear they might run it in upcoming indoor events.

was gonna sell it, but cant bring myself to. my first car after all.
if anyone has suggestions for parkinglot ashphalt starting settings, im all ears. maybe 100/40 ft, technical. 10ft lanes, sprayed with sugar water.
dropping an 8 turn brushed in to get started.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #13104
Tech Fanatic

how much d/r are you guys useing...is it just enough that the wheeles dont chatter when you turn them...& if so how dont you get some of your steering back??..dope the full front tire..or some other way
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #13105
Tech Elite

D/r 100 unless too much steering. I set my steering endpoints on a setup stand at around 25deg and leave dual rate at full to start out. Toe out in front will give you a little more turn in. I hear more front droop will give more steering though slower reaction?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #13106
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
D/r 100 unless too much steering. I set my steering endpoints on a setup stand at around 25deg and leave dual rate at full to start out. Toe out in front will give you a little more turn in. I hear more front droop will give more steering though slower reaction?

thanks for the info...also my steering is binding up somewhere...is this a known problem with the tc5
Old 05-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #13107
Tech Elite

I never noticed. Though the belt flaps off the steering post sometimes. If your binding make sure you havent overtightened the ballstuds. Also arange your servo
Position so the pushrod is as close to straight as you can.
Never had sny other problems really.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #13108
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I never noticed. Though the belt flaps off the steering post sometimes. If your binding make sure you havent overtightened the ballstuds. Also arange your servo
Position so the pushrod is as close to straight as you can.
Never had sny other problems really.
i found the binding it was the screw in the cvd
but now i got this chatter i want to get rid of
im running the slipper spool...i turned my steering down..but i dont want to lose any more steering..what can i do for the chatter??
Old 05-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #13109
Tech Elite

double jointed drive axles in the front like the losi 3344 LCDS have been used. otherwise dunno how to get rid of the chatter with the stock car. tearing the axles apart and giving them a good lube seemed to help some.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #13110
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
double jointed drive axles in the front like the losi 3344 LCDS have been used. otherwise dunno how to get rid of the chatter with the stock car. tearing the axles apart and giving them a good lube seemed to help some.
thanks for all your help..i think i got it 2gether now..the cvd was bent & that was the cause of the bind/alot of the chatter..i put a new one on & now its smooth
also the losi 3344 are they the same ones ppl been using for the tc4??