R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #12841
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
has anyone else had issues with the front drive belt hitting their servo saver post?
Nope, just you.
Timbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #12842
Tech Adept

Quote:
has anyone else had issues with the front drive belt hitting their servo saver post? i tried lowering the dif height and noticed it but raised the dif back up and it still hits when you steer heavy. i dont know if its hurting anything but the belt will twist when it rubs against it.

tried switching the belt to the other side of the car but now im too close to the servo arm and rub against that too on occasion so ill change it back.
would be nice if the belts on this car actually fit the pullies. might install a tensioner pully to keep the belt off my stuff.
Yes.... I had my front diff installed the wrong way around so the belt was running at a slight angle instead of in a straight line. I put the front diff in correctly so the belt ran straight and there was no more rubbing. Once the diff is installed correctly there will be no rubbing and no need for tensioners. The diff cams adjust the tension and even runnign in the lowest possible position I never had any rubbing.
spongerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #12843
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

I thought the dif position was reversible. my belt is running straight, but the belt doesnt fill the pully and can wander slightly. i have no idea why it hits when you steer though.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #12844
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

KEEP TC5 ALIVE
koopesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #12845
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

figured it out. i used the wrong size screw putting it back together when i changed the servo fast at the track and it was wobbling under steering.

tc5 is alive and well and should eat a few xrays this weekend =)
Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #12846
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Quote:
figured it out. i used the wrong size screw putting it back together when i changed the servo fast at the track and it was wobbling under steering.

tc5 is alive and well and should eat a few xrays this weekend =)
I was also planning on eating xrays as well as a lone kyosho
koopesv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #12847
Tech Master

Still have this problem. When you steer the drivebelt sounds like its flapping against something. Steering post isnt moving though the front axels are a litle wobbly.
Maybe loosten the belt tension? Also
Is there an adjustment for the front axel bearings or are they just getting nfg when they start to squeek and wobble?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #12848
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat

Quote:
Is there an adjustment for the front axel bearings or are they just getting nfg when they start to squeek and wobble?
In general, if you have ANYthing squeaking on your ride... it's time for something to be fixed or replaced. Axle bearings take a beating on the TC5.. stock up on them and check/change them regularly.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #12849
Tech Apprentice

Default Lipo battery and chassis setup

Hi i'm from Barbados and joining the rc club which races tc car with a motor limit of 13.5 turns. i have a tc5 with and tekin rs esc and a murfdogg 13.5 turn motor. i wanted to know if anyone has a setup for low to mid traction bot for the chassis and the esc. i also wanted advice on buying lipo batteries like what are the best or most powerful batteries on the market. Thanks.
elery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #12850
Tech Master

will i need to replace the cva/dogbone assembly or just pull it all out and change the bearings/crush tube? also does the servo saver come as a set or do i need to get all the parts seperatelly? once i figure this and the belt rubbing issue, car should be set for the season.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #12851
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just searched through this massive thread for a 1/2 hour looking the info i wanted. But i couldnt find what i needed so ill ask. Can anyone give me a good starting point for gearing for rcgt with a 17.5 in 64 pitch. both the pinion and spur. thanks alot in advance
ptorlax18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #12852
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptorlax18 View Post
I just searched through this massive thread for a 1/2 hour looking the info i wanted. But i couldnt find what i needed so ill ask. Can anyone give me a good starting point for gearing for rcgt with a 17.5 in 64 pitch. both the pinion and spur. thanks alot in advance
Check here : http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
I have used M.Abramowicz's chart as a start point for gear choice.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:24 PM   #12853
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavant View Post
Check here : http://abram.eu.org/gear_tc6.php
I have used M.Abramowicz's chart as a start point for gear choice.
http://abram.eu.org/gear.php

is better choice for tc5
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:45 AM   #12854
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
will i need to replace the cva/dogbone assembly or just pull it all out and change the bearings/crush tube? also does the servo saver come as a set or do i need to get all the parts seperatelly? once i figure this and the belt rubbing issue, car should be set for the season.
You can get all parts individually, well most of them, before buying new parts, take both sides aparts, wash everything well with grease cleaner, check your CVA assembly for wear, pin etc, if everything is fine regrease with black grease from thrust race.

If your bearings sounds gritty, you can lift off one or both of the rubber seals by putting a very sharp point on the inner part and the seals and lift them off, making sure not to deform them in the process.

Again wash the inside of bearings and seals, refit one of the seal, add oil (turbine) in bearing, rotate it until nice and smooth then refit the second seal just be pressing it in place gently.

Belt should not rub either way you put it, personally I changed the belts side. my long one is now on the outside (right) from the spur gear so it passes on right of servo saver (looking at car from above) and small one is inside the spur gear assembly, but when you do this you have to swap the differential/spool assembly and fit them the opposite of manual.

hope this helps

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #12855
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default ESC

JUst wanted to know what ESC alot of you are running. I plan getting two, one for VTA class 25.5 motor and the GT class 17.5 motor.
This is my first touring car, its awesome.... the carbon fiber and aluminum look great. Are there any hop-ups that MUST be done to the TC5R?
Im sure this has been talked about before but I thought I would give this thread some action. Thanks!
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote