R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-16-2006, 01:20 PM   #1246
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

anybody know where it is going to be manufactured? i see they had a moving sale the other day. that mean no more US manufacturing? if so, i will be getting the losi..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #1247
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I hope they produce it in Thunder Tiger's facility. Keep the quality high and the cost down, and leverage the benefits of the big parent company.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:13 PM   #1248
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc
anybody know where it is going to be manufactured? i see they had a moving sale the other day. that mean no more US manufacturing? if so, i will be getting the losi..
they are just moving to another building.. :P
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #1249
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSteve93
That really sucks... but it's okay cause I'm the only one who races a tc4 at my track. Does this discontinuement mean all the TC4 specific parts will be canceled?
rematch batteries
RCpurplecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #1250
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCpurplecow
That really sucks... but it's okay cause I'm the only one who races a tc4 at my track. Does this discontinuement mean all the TC4 specific parts will be canceled?
I use to run a FT TC4 at Frederick and it was pretty decent. Not sure if Associated is discontinuing it or just Tower is not going to carry it and will wait for the new car and carry that.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #1251
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I hope they produce it in Thunder Tiger's facility. Keep the quality high and the cost down, and leverage the benefits of the big parent company.
i'm just mot interested in mailing my hard earned money to another country with the economy as it is... also, i'm yet to see the benefits of "cheaper" overseas manufacturing... fas as i can tell the foreign cars cost as much or maore to buy, and the parts are harder to get and more expensive too...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:49 PM   #1252
Tech Regular

Wow, that video was awesome. That really sucked for Craig that his electronics malfunctioned. Are sponsored racers allowed to drop their sponsorship or do they have to sign a contract for a certain amount of time? Can't wait to see the TC5 win more races
rematch batteries
RCpurplecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:08 PM   #1253
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

The TC5 should have a good showing at the novak race.. There are a few midwest guys who should be running them at the race and one of them having mad setup skills at least 1 of the tc5's should make the a main ..... Gonna be a little different than everyone is use to with the big races all being hotel races,,, the novak race is at s&n trackside in milwaukee wisconsin and they bought new carpet last year and its the stuff that gets super high traction.... Its in beautiful condition and it will be time for the tc5 to shine......
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #1254
Tech Master

wallstreet, not speaking directly about any particular car, but what makes a car good on very high traction?
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:29 PM   #1255
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc
i see they had a moving sale the other day. that mean no more US manufacturing? i
-is anything manufactured here anymore? ................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #1256
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
The TC5 should have a good showing at the novak race.. There are a few midwest guys who should be running them at the race and one of them having mad setup skills at least 1 of the tc5's should make the a main ..... Gonna be a little different than everyone is use to with the big races all being hotel races,,, the novak race is at s&n trackside in milwaukee wisconsin and they bought new carpet last year and its the stuff that gets super high traction.... Its in beautiful condition and it will be time for the tc5 to shine......
I think we now have some good starting set-up for all carpet tracks so when we arrive, we will be on the pace immediately and can fine tune as necessary. Finding a comfortable universal set-up is the hardest part of driving a new car. When you have a set-up that you can go anywhere with, or you can always turn to if necessary, you are in a much better position.

Where the car is manufactured is only one part of the equation. AE employs a large number of employees in the U.S. that pay taxes and inevitably contribute to our economy.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #1257
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rick,

Great to hear the car is coming along well. Any word on when it will be released and on the shelves?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #1258
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
Rick,

Great to hear the car is coming along well. Any word on when it will be released and on the shelves?

Thanks,
Brian
I am not in the loop when it comes to production releases so any info I could give would only be a guess. But I did run production arms and graphite components in Cleveland which means ther car is pretty close. Once proudctionparts are accepted it is just a matterof instructions, box art, etc. And this stuff could be done as already.

Since quality is a major concern with any top level touring car, I can say that AE is a good as anything I have seen. The fit of the production components is top notch as is the quality including look and feel.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #1259
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Rick - While I know you have been focusing on the new touring car, can you shed ANY light on the new 1/8 buggy? Also, will you be racing any off-road electric/nitro races in 07?
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:13 PM   #1260
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D
Rick - While I know you have been focusing on the new touring car, can you shed ANY light on the new 1/8 buggy? Also, will you be racing any off-road electric/nitro races in 07?
I have no information about the 1/8 buggy other than team drivers have said it is very good. As with any AE car, I am confident that when released, it will be competitive.

I will be racing the 1/8 buggy when it comes out which I can say will be in time for the Nats becasue I will race that race to qualify for the 2008 Worlds. I am sure it will be out sooner than that though.

I will also race electric off-road. I think the Cactus Classic will the first big race with the T4, B4, and BJ4. I will be at the Worlds in Japan and the Nationals plus some other races later in the year.