R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2010, 06:34 AM   #12436
Tech Adept

Default other brand diff replace AE one ?

Is any other brand of diff can direct replace the original AE diff ?
Can BD5 or proton or others diff do this?
mos-leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #12437
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandr91 View Post
Josh- Just wanted to say thanks again for your help at Trackside this past Sunday.Every change you suggested made the car better and I really liked that you explained why it would work.
Now, whadda ya got for a rubber tire asphalt setup?
You're welcome, i'm glad it helped.

Asphalt..........I would say check the AE site for Juho's setup from the reedy race (I don't know if its posted yet) or the worlds setup from Juho or Rick.

I will be at some of the asphalt races in IL. this summer, we can get you hooked up then.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 AM   #12438
Tech Adept

Hi Josh, I am interested to try the hillbilly camber mounts. When you say you raise the outer link all round by 2mm, do you mean the rear too? If so what is the final height of the rear outer camber link, I run mine at 2mm now, do I raise another 2 to 4mm? Or just 2mm?

Thanks

Neal
Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #12439
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've built up a TC5 for Mod Tourer and I realised how much the standard TC5 looks like from a TC5 with numerous after market parts.
My Mod car, LRP x12 5.5turn

My Stock car, SP 17.5, I haven't driven the car with that motor, as I've been using Duo2's for a few months now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrrus View Post
well I finally got my tc5 up and running, after a short stint with some electrical problems.

just curious now that most of you guys been running outdoors on asphalt,

the car is a tc5x(excotek chassis. and i'm runnning in the 17.5. the set up is pretty decent. just looking for more entry turning and find the car is rolling way to much. so a decent set up that I can work from would be great. i tried one and it was way to soft for my driving.

Oh the track is a small to medium size and is sugar prep,

Oh and were can i find those inline bulk heads, i tried email the guy from UK but no reply yet.

oh and thanks
I'll have to double check my setup sheet, but I'll upload my setup. I have plenty of steering so you should be able to see the difference in setups.

My setup has very good tyre life, this is my most worn tyre (right front) after 4 race meets (about 2 1/2 hours of track time)
Old 06-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #12440
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Scooter. Any help will be mushly appreciated. Can't
to try if out
Andrew
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #12441
Tech Master

What kind of battery are you running in your 17.5? I noticed you had to add some weight to balance it. Does the car feeel any better with the Exotec chassis ?

QUOTE=Scooter79rs;7544643]I've built up a TC5 for Mod Tourer and I realised how much the standard TC5 looks like from a TC5 with numerous after market parts.
My Mod car, LRP x12 5.5turn

My Stock car, SP 17.5, I haven't driven the car with that motor, as I've been using Duo2's for a few months now.

I'll have to double check my setup sheet, but I'll upload my setup. I have plenty of steering so you should be able to see the difference in setups.

My setup has very good tyre life, this is my most worn tyre (right front) after 4 race meets (about 2 1/2 hours of track time)
[/QUOTE]
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #12442
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Does anyone know off hand what parts are needed to fit Tamiya TRF shocks
to my TC5 just ordered a set and want to have parts for when they get here
Thanks
IL_AudiRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #12443
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandr91 View Post
What kind of battery are you running in your 17.5? I noticed you had to add some weight to balance it. Does the car feeel any better with the Exotec chassis ?
I use SMC CMax 5200mah 50c the weight were there just to get the car up to weight on very inaccurate scales.

For some reason I couldn't save the PDF file (This is what I get for buying the program )

Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #12444
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

just after some suggestions... recently picked up a tc5r and have wired it all up and test run it. its been on a setup board and has been balanced, however when im running straight, at higher speed, the car wanders all over the place.

servo and servo horn seem fine. both are brand new. on the table the servo centers perfectly each time and there is no wobble or flex to the horn. cleaned, rebuilt and even greased the servo saver. have also tightened the servo saver to see if that helps. should I run it flush, flush hand tight, or flush pliers tight ??

any clues appreciated. this random 'wandering' is killing what is otherwise a great handling car.
vikingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #12445
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_AudiRacer View Post
Does anyone know off hand what parts are needed to fit Tamiya TRF shocks
to my TC5 just ordered a set and want to have parts for when they get here
Thanks
as i can recall it just fits right.. i just used a bigger diameter botton head scew to secure it to the shock tower side.. for the lower half i think i used the ae ball cup...
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:26 AM   #12446
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter79rs View Post
For some reason I couldn't save the PDF file (This is what I get for buying the program )
Hi!
Search in google for CutePDF.

Regards!
m.
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #12447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingen View Post
just after some suggestions... recently picked up a tc5r and have wired it all up and test run it. its been on a setup board and has been balanced, however when im running straight, at higher speed, the car wanders all over the place.

servo and servo horn seem fine. both are brand new. on the table the servo centers perfectly each time and there is no wobble or flex to the horn. cleaned, rebuilt and even greased the servo saver. have also tightened the servo saver to see if that helps. should I run it flush, flush hand tight, or flush pliers tight ??

any clues appreciated. this random 'wandering' is killing what is otherwise a great handling car.
How much front and rear toe are you running? Any bit of toe out in the front can cause some wander and too little rear toe in may cause it as well...
Old 06-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #12448
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Chewwie
Default Team Assciated TC5R ( need help please )

hi, everyone. just picked up a tc5r and getting back to electric. was wondering whats a good setup for 70mph runs without burning out the motor and have long runs. im just going to do speed runs and mess around with friends. any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

1-Brushless motor with Esc combo without any soldering
2-lipo battery
3-lipo charger
4-steering servo
Chewwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #12449
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Chewwie

Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewwie View Post
hi, everyone. just picked up a tc5r and getting back to electric. was wondering whats a good setup for 70mph runs without burning out the motor and have long runs. im just going to do speed runs and mess around with friends. any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

2-lipo battery
3-lipo charger
4-steering servo
Chewwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #12450
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewwie View Post

2-lipo battery
3-lipo charger
4-steering servo
1 - Your are going to have to solder on a battery connector at the least.. If your doing speed runs id suggest the Mamba Max Pro/9000kv motor combo

2- Get a 2S lipo, as big (capacity wise) as your budget will allow.

3- Id get an Onyx 230 charger, does a/c and d/c, only $85

4- Again, depends on your budget. Id get a futaba 9551, they are $85 I believe. For just blasting up and down the street, you could probably get away with something cheaper.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote