R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #1231
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am totally surprised at Masamis driving. As long as he has been behind the wheel... i have seen him "rub" other racers... but that looked really close to intentional, and a bit more than a "rub". There are way to many variables to even say if it was, only Masami will know the answer... but in a world where 2nd is first loser, its hard to be polite in traffic. When offroad was king of R/C, drivers were courteous, and were more concerned about etiquette and reputation, than just/only winning. Times have changed. It has to be hard to be a fully sponsored driver, to produce for your company, and still be considered polite on the track. Rick, and Craig had a good run for the gold... the new belt car looked really decent in the mid to high speed corners... though a little sluggish in the chicane... looks like a thermal did em both in though. Paul stood up and said it right... his car wasnt good enough to run to the front and win it alone... what a classy way to take a win.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #1232
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you have been watching Masami for a long then then you know this is not the first time he has given someone the "wheel" to try and make something out of nothing.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #1233
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
If you have been watching Masami for a long then then you know this is not the first time he has given someone the "wheel" to try and make something out of nothing.
Naaa....
I donīt think this one was so dirty. Can you expect the guys from 2 to 10 to slow down in the first corner? realy? I have seen worse. Andy missed the apex and Masami vent for it when Andy steered in again. Race accident. Iīm not even sure Masami should have the stop & go.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #1234
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM

Admittedly i havent watched all of Masami's career, i have only been racing since late 1993... but as mentioned earlier, i have seen him "rub" for position in past races. But in the past races i have seen, he was usually quick to pull over in some form or fashion and somewhat wait for the situation to right itself before continuing... this one wasnt like that. I guess its all the pressure to perform... i cant see it really being a personal vendetta... but what do i know!
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #1235
Tech Fanatic

Any news guys????

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #1236
Tech Regular

I quite enjoyed the post race interview with Craig and Rick. It took me strait back to the race...as frustrating as it was. But anyway, both of these guys were seconds away from being in a great position for the World Title only to see it come to a crashing hault. Their profesonalisim only minutes after this happening is what makes me proud to have them both race for Associated. Thanks guys!
Old 12-15-2006, 10:37 AM   #1237
Tech Adept

tcfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #1238
Tech Regular

I THINK YOU WILL FIND THE FT TC4 AND TEAM TC4 HAVE INDEED BEEN DISCONTINUED.

CHECK OUT THE TOWER WEBSITE.
tc4wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:27 PM   #1239
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default New Arms

Are the new white arms made out of derlin material
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #1240
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Are the new white arms made out of derlin material
that usually is a prototype sign, im sure they will be issued in standard factory black like all other kits.

but.. dyeable white is good, then i can do the whole "pumpkin" orange RIT dye look... bwhahaha.
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:09 PM   #1241
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ridge_Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Ridge_Racer

this has been asked before (sorry 'bout that) Any word on a street date?
Old 12-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #1242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

CHECK THIS OUT
Old 12-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #1243
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Naaa....
I donīt think this one was so dirty. Can you expect the guys from 2 to 10 to slow down in the first corner? realy? I have seen worse. Andy missed the apex and Masami vent for it when Andy steered in again. Race accident. Iīm not even sure Masami should have the stop & go.
Maybe Andy did slightly miss the apex truth is though Masami can be clearly seen pushing Andy`s car round, So in all honest a penalty was justfied and really the penalty given does not fit the crime at that level.

I thought this was the TC5 thread though

Must say though speaking with Craig the other week about the car I`m sure there will be many happy customers.
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:13 PM   #1244
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Note...

I just hope AE uses a nice hard anodizing, rather then the cheapish blue stuff. It looks good, but man it is overdone and should be left to the RTR cars, imo.

I know, I know, Blue fans will say "Blue is better", LOL.

....Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:24 PM   #1245
Tech Initiate

it is not important wich colour they use...more important is...that they make the car perfect:-)
BlueSilver is offline   Reply With Quote