Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The inner ball stud is mounted in the lower hole of the shock tower. Use the silver ball studs.

A diff will work the same under braking but under power the spool will pull the car harder out of the turn. The diff can also slip the unloaded inside wheel. The only time a front diff works best is when racing foam tires on carpet.
Man I was just looking for info like this on the front end....thanks

I run rubber tire tc tc5r on a fairly tight asphalt track and have been using a spool to this point but want to learn more about the tools available.
When might a one way be used ??

thanks in advance
Steve
Old 06-13-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Default New Car Rick ?

When is there going to be a new TC5 ? It seems that the car is dated
I ended up using an exo chassis/top deck, Hot bodies double cvd's in the front with modified bone blades and castor blocks, Tamiya shocks, modifed inline motor mount. Not happy with the ball diff maybe they could get on the front foot and build a rear gear diff using some parts from the NTC3 diff
I changed to a different car and out of the box i was doing better lap times and its half the price if i work out what i have spent on the TC5 and all the upgrades/mods. I didnt sell the TC5 I WONT LET IT BEAT ME ! Next is to cange all the steering balls and rod ends to Top ones. Its still has slop in the steering links and the hubs/bearings. Is it a TT issue or an AE issue ? It seems they have been concentrating so hard on OFF ROAD that they no longer have a comp Nitro car and their elec car is sliding.
Does R Howart have the answer ? Wisppers say there is a new car comming but i have that sinking feeling its just going to be an updated car.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imgumbydammit
Man I was just looking for info like this on the front end....thanks

I run rubber tire tc tc5r on a fairly tight asphalt track and have been using a spool to this point but want to learn more about the tools available.
When might a one way be used ??

thanks in advance
Steve
I would only consider a one way when the car is not going very fast (slower motor classes) and you will not require much braking. A one way is useless in modified.

A spool car is as fast as a one-way car so I would not even play with it.

Originally Posted by POPPYD
When is there going to be a new TC5 ? It seems that the car is dated
I ended up using an exo chassis/top deck, Hot bodies double cvd's in the front with modified bone blades and castor blocks, Tamiya shocks, modifed inline motor mount. Not happy with the ball diff maybe they could get on the front foot and build a rear gear diff using some parts from the NTC3 diff
I changed to a different car and out of the box i was doing better lap times and its half the price if i work out what i have spent on the TC5 and all the upgrades/mods. I didnt sell the TC5 I WONT LET IT BEAT ME ! Next is to cange all the steering balls and rod ends to Top ones. Its still has slop in the steering links and the hubs/bearings. Is it a TT issue or an AE issue ? It seems they have been concentrating so hard on OFF ROAD that they no longer have a comp Nitro car and their elec car is sliding.
Does R Howart have the answer ? Wisppers say there is a new car comming but i have that sinking feeling its just going to be an updated car.
There could be some new parts at the Worlds start in two weeks.

The car is very good considering its age. Guys with stock cars still do pretty well. There is some slop in the ball cups that can be removed. But I agree that the design is old and that it needs updating or an entirely new car.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Guys with stock cars still do pretty well.
I can vouch for that, I managed to get mine placing 1st and 2nd in the two seasons of club racing I've done at two different tracks, only being beaten by a Xray T3 which I couldn't catch for outright speed and punch but I think he was dangerously close to cooking motors. His Xray and my TC5 running Tekin RS with Duo2 17.5
Old 06-13-2010, 08:43 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

My TC5 works pretty good with only the Exotek chassis on it. I don't getto run too often and with brushless changing all the time it is hard to get the gearing and all the other settings right if you just don't run much. All in all how well I do or don't do is really not the cars fault but more my lack of time running it.

This weekend I raced for the first time in 3 months and the car worked really well. Just needed more practice and time to get the speedo setup well for the track but the car itself worked excellent. A different car wouldn't have really changed anything. Just needed to run some better lines and closer to the pipes and I could of gained alot of extra time but for how much I race my car worked excellent.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Initiate

I would only consider a one way when the car is not going very fast (slower motor classes) and you will not require much braking. A one way is useless in modified.

A spool car is as fast as a one-way car so I would not even play with it.

There could be some new parts at the Worlds start in two weeks.

The car is very good considering its age. Guys with stock cars still do pretty well. There is some slop in the ball cups that can be removed. But I agree that the design is old and that it needs updating or an entirely new car.
Thanks for the response...

Steve
Old 06-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Any line on anyone who produces the inline motor mount? I am also looking for a decent picture of one to show a local guy with mad milling skills....
Old 06-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default inline mount

If you have a mate that is good on a mill just shave half of the motor mount and half of the rear bulkheads, dill the new motor mount holes and counter sink ! Flip the diffs. It should take your mate about 30 min to do, We had 5 sets done in 1 1/2 hours.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

If you have a mate that is good on a mill just shave half of the motor mount and half of the rear bulkheads, dill the new motor mount holes and counter sink ! Flip the diffs. It should take your mate about 30 min to do, We had 5 sets done in 1 1/2 hours.
see photo :
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post6410981
Old 06-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Or this.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-bulkhead.jpg  
Old 06-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
Or this.

I really could use those...
Old 06-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow

Some guys do well at BRCA

Read this: http://www.redrc.net/2010/06/harper-...a-tc-nats-rd2/

Old 06-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Josh- Just wanted to say thanks again for your help at Trackside this past Sunday.Every change you suggested made the car better and I really liked that you explained why it would work.
Now, whadda ya got for a rubber tire asphalt setup?

Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein
Or this.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well I finally got my tc5 up and running, after a short stint with some electrical problems.

just curious now that most of you guys been running outdoors on asphalt,

the car is a tc5x(excotek chassis. and i'm runnning in the 17.5. the set up is pretty decent. just looking for more entry turning and find the car is rolling way to much. so a decent set up that I can work from would be great. i tried one and it was way to soft for my driving.

Oh the track is a small to medium size and is sugar prep,

Oh and were can i find those inline bulk heads, i tried email the guy from UK but no reply yet.

oh and thanks
Old 06-15-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default gear diff

Not happy with the ball diff maybe they could get on the front foot and build a rear gear diff using some parts from the NTC3 diff
How about gear from AE#9827 as photo?
Can anyone modifiy this for TC5?
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-gear-diff-9827.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.