Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
In the end, there were 4 TC5s in the top ten (Levanen, Hohwart, Jelich, and Hebert). Lex Tyler finished 11th and Blackstock was 15th. All ran the Exotek chassis with UK bulkheads except Jelich who ran a stock car.

There is a good write-up with links to many photos at rcevilempire.com.

We will post Juho's setup as soon as we get it from him.

Rick, Congrats on the top ten finish at the Reedy! Looking forward to the setups since our club racing are now running solaris tires.

Oh and when are we going to see a TC5.1 or TC6? You guys have been quiet for a while
Old 06-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Oh and when are we going to see a TC5.1 or TC6? You guys have been quiet for a while[/QUOTE]
Old 06-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where can I find these bulkheads? Been running xray for a while but I am tired of paying the insane prices. Look forward to running the car and seeing what it is made of.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

TC5 inline bulkhead, I got mine form this guy in the UK - [email protected]
Old 06-07-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In the end, there were 4 TC5s in the top ten (Levanen, Hohwart, Jelich, and Hebert). Lex Tyler finished 11th and Blackstock was 15th. All ran the Exotek chassis with UK bulkheads except Jelich who ran a stock car.

Hi!

I want to know how big difference on track is between itf and exotec chassis,
same setup, same driver ... Maybe Rick, you can tell this? How much 0.*s they was better then
stock chassis?

Regards!
m.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zake540
Rick, Congrats on the top ten finish at the Reedy! Looking forward to the setups since our club racing are now running solaris tires.

Oh and when are we going to see a TC5.1 or TC6? You guys have been quiet for a while
Thanks!

The Worlds are coming up at the end of the month so you might see something then.

Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz
Hi!

I want to know how big difference on track is between itf and exotec chassis,
same setup, same driver ... Maybe Rick, you can tell this? How much 0.*s they was better then
stock chassis?

Regards!
m.
All of the small changes we have made add up but one single change does not make that much difference. I just ran the Exotek chassis for the first time at the Reedy Race and it worked well but hard to say how much better than stock. It is impossible to make a back to back comparison.

I think that the car is very good with the chassis. Christer Anderson has been using it and winning. Juho almost wont he Reedy with it. And my fast laps were as fast as anything by Rheinard or Wilck.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks!

The Worlds are coming up at the end of the month so you might see something then.

All of the small changes we have made add up but one single change does not make that much difference. I just ran the Exotek chassis for the first time at the Reedy Race and it worked well but hard to say how much better than stock. It is impossible to make a back to back comparison.

I think that the car is very good with the chassis. Christer Anderson has been using it and winning. Juho almost wont he Reedy with it. And my fast laps were as fast as anything by Rheinard or Wilck.
hi Rick,
Is it possible to post some photos of your car ?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

This is what I have. If you have any questions please let me know.

The steering post mounted to the front shock tower hold a body post that is cut so that the body rests on it at the bottom of the windshield. I thought that this might improve down force on the front end but it was inconclusive.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-rick-car-rroc-2010.jpg  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is what I have. If you have any questions please let me know.

The steering post mounted to the front shock tower hold a body post that is cut so that the body rests on it at the bottom of the windshield. I thought that this might improve down force on the front end but it was inconclusive.
An all white body is not the Rick I know Good luck at the worlds. Curious to see this possible new car you speak of
Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

@Rick Hohwart, what ball cups are you running? Do they help remove some up the slop in the links?

I thought I would post this here.
My first qualifier at the 2010 Victorian State Titles, that event was also my first trip interstate for R/C. I run in Stock (17.5)
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

My TC5 has all of the Exotek upgrades, alloy spur gear holder, Parma wide hard front bumper, and Yokomo front belt.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm wondering the same thing. Also how much weight do you have in the center and is the rear bulkhead the UK bulkhead?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
An all white body is not the Rick I know Good luck at the worlds. Curious to see this possible new car you speak of
Thanks! I was experimenting with all white to see if I could improve my performance with an easy to see body. I think it helps to see how the car is working (chassis roll in particular).

Originally Posted by Scooter79rs
@Rick Hohwart, what ball cups are you running? Do they help remove some up the slop in the links?
These are new prototype ball cups. They do remove some slop but for the car to be really free some slop is necessary.

Originally Posted by ChadB.
I'm wondering the same thing. Also how much weight do you have in the center and is the rear bulkhead the UK bulkhead?
These are the UK bulkheads. I added 35 grams down the center and 7 grams on the right front of the chassis to reach the 1425 gram minimum.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Rick. Why the right front and not the left too?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

The right side was still a little light. This evened it out.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Thanks a lot for your help Rick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.