Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:20 AM   #1172
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahyeah
Any indication as when the car will be on the shelves.
Early next year or 2008 ?

From what I know the car will be out in 2007 not 2008. Just hang in there guys it is coming. Not sure if it will be as soon as Jan but it is coming soon.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:47 AM   #1173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

You aren't by chance a motivational speaker are you Kevin? Your optimism is almost creepy...

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:07 AM   #1174
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
You aren't by chance a motivational speaker are you Kevin? Your optimism is almost creepy...

No but I did sleep at Holiday Inn last night hahahahaha. I have talked to a few people and I just need sit back and wait. My only saving grace is that I race off road as well so my R/C fix is quenched with my GT2

AE keep it rolling we are waiting.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 11-30-2006, 06:28 AM   #1175
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
LOL! Thats the definition for AE loyalty Kevin Boyle
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 AM   #1176
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
LOL! Thats the definition for AE loyalty Kevin Boyle

Thanks Dennis,

How have you been? I would love to come out to the EXpress Race next weekend but there is an off road race @ Bumps and Jumps which race to choose????

Talk to you soon

Kevin Boyle

Last edited by Kevin Boyle; 11-30-2006 at 07:09 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:38 AM   #1177
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Thanks Dennis,

How have you been? I would love to come out to the EXpress Race next weekend but there is an off road race @ Bumps and Jumps which race to choose????

Talk to you soon

Kevin Boyle
Hey Kevin. Hope to see you again at the express race...I'm waiting for the new AE car as well. Wish they would just hurry it up already...putting my Tamiya 415 MSX up for sale soon. How the GT2?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:57 AM   #1178
Tech Fanatic

Hello Carl,

GT2 is sweet, I can not wait for the summer to race it full time, Look out Farm here I come for the Gas Nats.

AE is working hard that much I know to get the car ready. What we need to realize is that the prototypes have been doing most of the testing and are working very well. When you take the prototypes and have the molded parts made from them....I think you would also want to do some testimg on those parts as well to see if there are any problems and to see if they work the same or better then the prototype pcs. Also what would happen if the car handles different with the molded pcs? It would do AE no good to have the prototypes dialed and the production pieces not up to their standards.

It is coming and will be dialed

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 11-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #1179
Tech Elite

Default U.S. Indoor Champs

The new car was great at the Indoor Champs last weekend. Still some inexperience (on foams) on my part kept me just out of the A-main. I was able to win the B handily and with a faster time than the second place finisher in the A (for what that's worth).

We had a good set-up going into testing at the Gate before the race. But we somehow got off of that and in my opinion, focused too much on getting the cars to work there rather than just getting something easy to drive that could be fine tuned at the actual race.

Tire selection, size, and prep is also new to me and I don't think I had the best set-up until the main. The new hot set-up is to run rear tires on the front (same compound all around) which most feel makes the car very hard to drive. I felt this way at the test track so went to standard fronts which made the car easier to drive. I stuck with this for all practice and qualifying at the race.

Since most of the drivers were still using rears on the front, I decided to put the on for the main to see what they would do. Not only did they give more steering, the were EASIER to drive. Had I started with this set-up, I would have been a lot better off.

In the end the car was the best it has been on foams. Rob Schaffer (A main stock) and I worked on set-ups together and in the end were very close. Most who watched either car commented on how good they looked on the track.

I am very imprerssed with the car on foams and look forward to the Novak race in January.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:56 AM   #1180
Tech Master

sorry if this has been covered before, is the new touring car going to have a 4 cell chassis?
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:02 AM   #1181
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
The new car was great at the Indoor Champs last weekend. Still some inexperience (on foams) on my part kept me just out of the A-main. I was able to win the B handily and with a faster time than the second place finisher in the A (for what that's worth).

We had a good set-up going into testing at the Gate before the race. But we somehow got off of that and in my opinion, focused too much on getting the cars to work there rather than just getting something easy to drive that could be fine tuned at the actual race.

Tire selection, size, and prep is also new to me and I don't think I had the best set-up until the main. The new hot set-up is to run rear tires on the front (same compound all around) which most feel makes the car very hard to drive. I felt this way at the test track so went to standard fronts which made the car easier to drive. I stuck with this for all practice and qualifying at the race.

Since most of the drivers were still using rears on the front, I decided to put the on for the main to see what they would do. Not only did they give more steering, the were EASIER to drive. Had I started with this set-up, I would have been a lot better off.

In the end the car was the best it has been on foams. Rob Schaffer (A main stock) and I worked on set-ups together and in the end were very close. Most who watched either car commented on how good they looked on the track.

I am very imprerssed with the car on foams and look forward to the Novak race in January.

When can us mortals be expecting it to hit lhs
convikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:19 AM   #1182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Rick, glad to hear the car was working well in cleveland... looks like you and eric both were just tenths from making the show.

btw, yhpm
Old 11-30-2006, 09:32 AM   #1183
Tech Fanatic

Rick,

Thanks for the Cleveland recap and update on the hot tire set up. I think we are looking to see how the team does at the Novak Race Glad the car is coming around on carpet

Keep up the good work

Kevin Boyle
Old 11-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #1184
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by convikt
When can us mortals be expecting it to hit lhs
I am not certain, but it should be within the first three months of 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM03GT
Rick, glad to hear the car was working well in cleveland... looks like you and eric both were just tenths from making the show.
It was very close. My best run was flawless except for getting caught up with a lapper. The time lost was enough time to prevent me from turning an A-main time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Thanks for the Cleveland recap and update on the hot tire set up. I think we are looking to see how the team does at the Novak Race Glad the car is coming around on carpet.
A new car and new racing on carpet has been challenging. But I am getting closer every time!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #1185
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rick, you're doing a really good job of hiding your disdain for foam tires. :-)
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote