Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 01-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadB.
I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I am running 17.5 rubber on carpet with a Tekin Redline motor and an LRP SPX speedo. Now my question is, whenever I let off the gas going into the corner, my car gets really loose. But if I stay on the throttle a little it is not as bad. Is there any way I can tighten up the rear so it is not so loose? The drag brake has been turned all the off, shocks have been rebuilt and new hinge pins have been put in. I am using Josh Heinstien's set-up and it seems to be working pretty good. The only change I made to the set-up was putting gold springs up front, because the front of the car was over rolling to much. I new to carpet racing and any help would great.

Chad Burdick
Not knowing how the rest of your car is setup and assuming that everything on the car is free from binding, you could try raising the rear roll center, increasing the rear camber gain, and giving the rear less droop. It's hard to diagnose a car over the internet without seeing how the car acts on the rest of the track.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blackdog
Hi All
Can anyone post a vta setup for a AE TC5 ,Im running 21.5/lipo or even a thread to one.track is med to large ,changes almost every week were I race and has med to high bit carpet.
Thanks in advance`
Matt
Here's one I tried the other night. I don't have a particularly strong battery, but was able to run fast laps just .1 off our top 3 in the main. My driving on the other lasp didn't help much, though...

Last edited by BadSign; 11-17-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bfong13
Not knowing how the rest of your car is setup and assuming that everything on the car is free from binding, you could try raising the rear roll center, increasing the rear camber gain, and giving the rear less droop. It's hard to diagnose a car over the internet without seeing how the car acts on the rest of the track.
Ok thanks for your help.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I am running 17.5 rubber on carpet with a Tekin Redline motor and an LRP SPX speedo. Now my question is, whenever I let off the gas going into the corner, my car gets really loose. But if I stay on the throttle a little it is not as bad. Is there any way I can tighten up the rear so it is not so loose? The drag brake has been turned all the off, shocks have been rebuilt and new hinge pins have been put in. I am using Josh Heinstien's set-up and it seems to be working pretty good. The only change I made to the set-up was putting gold springs up front, because the front of the car was over rolling to much. I new to carpet racing and any help would great.

Chad Burdick
If you are running a spool, you should get better turning on throttle. To get more rear grip you can try laying the rear shocks down more or going to a softer spring. Also, simple thing, but turn your steering down on your transmitter, the TC5 doesnt like being at full steering lock.

Regards

Neal
Old 01-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default tc5r

My tc5r is up for sale its got alot into it: tamiya shocks aluminum rear uprights just replaced all plastic parts for carpet season good shape front spool steel screw kit w/ rs and lrp 17.5 bls 351 everything exept reciver pm me for prices or just roller
Old 01-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hollywood tc5
My tc5r is up for sale its got alot into it: tamiya shocks aluminum rear uprights just replaced all plastic parts for carpet season good shape front spool steel screw kit w/ rs and lrp 17.5 bls 351 everything exept reciver pm me for prices or just roller
You should put this in the "For Sale" section
Old 01-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson
You should put this in the "For Sale" section
already have bud but it doesnt hurt my chances of selling it right
Old 01-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Chad Burdick
More rear droop, more toe-in.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
More rear droop, more toe-in.

I agree with more rear toe-in however, I don't agree with more rear droop. More rear droop in the rear will cause the car to transition to the front more off power giving more steering. He has a problem with the car being loose when off power. Less rear droop will help the car not be so loose off power.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey everyone, first off i dont want to run into flaming so i apologize in advance for my ignorance when it comes to everything i am about to say.

i just got my tc5 a day ago. i traded my jato 3.3 for this roller. i threw in my random parts and i have to say it is beyond fun to drive. the only thing is i want to set everything up perfect so i am going to gain all of the parts needed to start racing in a begennier either carpet or asphault. then put everything in. i wanna get the right motor, esc, and servo before i embarase myself on the track.

i need suggestions on everything i should put into this car before i go out and enjoy this wonderful hobby/sport. please let me know what i should get as a beginner. it already has the mazda speed6 body on it and from what i have read on this thread that it is a good body for both carpet and aspahault.

i currently have a hpi speed control out of an e10. a servo out of a rustler vxl. an epic 15t motor. and im thinking about putting my brushless system out of my ruslter vxl in it.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Last edited by mv350; 01-17-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bfong13
I agree with more rear toe-in however, I don't agree with more rear droop. More rear droop in the rear will cause the car to transition to the front more off power giving more steering. He has a problem with the car being loose when off power. Less rear droop will help the car not be so loose off power.
I find with more rear droop, it allows the rear end to roll more. You can also sit the rear shocks on a more slanted angle, stand the front shocks up, lower the rear ride height, lower rear diff height, make rear camber link longer, lower, make front camber link shorter, higher, all contribute to rear traction.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...tein-setup.pdf

This is the set up I am using. I am using it to the "T", only with the gold springs up front because the front of the car was over rolling and making the car hard to drive.

When you mean adding droop, you mean by going from say 5 to 6? What are you guys using to measure your droop? I am using Hudy blocks with a Hudy droop gauge. Should I be using something else? And yes, I am using a slipper spool.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mv350
hey everyone, first off i dont want to run into flaming so i apologize in advance for my ignorance when it comes to everything i am about to say.

i just got my tc5 a day ago. i traded my jato 3.3 for this roller. i threw in my random parts and i have to say it is beyond fun to drive. the only thing is i want to set everything up perfect so i am going to gain all of the parts needed to start racing in a begennier either carpet or asphault. then put everything in. i wanna get the right motor, esc, and servo before i embarase myself on the track.

i need suggestions on everything i should put into this car before i go out and enjoy this wonderful hobby/sport. please let me know what i should get as a beginner. it already has the mazda speed6 body on it and from what i have read on this thread that it is a good body for both carpet and aspahault.

i currently have a hpi speed control out of an e10. a servo out of a rustler vxl. an epic 15t motor. and im thinking about putting my brushless system out of my ruslter vxl in it.

PLEASE HELP ME.
Hey, If you have the money and want to do it right the first time:

LRP Brushless Speed Control (SPX or SXX)
LRP X11 or X12 Brushless motor
Reedy LiPo
Ace servo
2.4g radio system

Another thing to consider would be to go to the track and find out what tires work well and try to get setup tips (shock fluid, springs, etc...) from the local drivers...
Old 01-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...tein-setup.pdf

This is the set up I am using. I am using it to the "T", only with the gold springs up front because the front of the car was over rolling and making the car hard to drive.

When you mean adding droop, you mean by going from say 5 to 6? What are you guys using to measure your droop? I am using Hudy blocks with a Hudy droop gauge. Should I be using something else? And yes, I am using a slipper spool.
I refer to the xray t2 setup guide book you can download, and droop I mean how much you can lift the chassis before the wheel leave contact with the ground. By your droop, I think it's downstop in the xray setup manual. So more, would be a lower value on the downstop gauge.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by defcone
I refer to the xray t2 setup guide book you can download, and droop I mean how much you can lift the chassis before the wheel leave contact with the ground. By your droop, I think it's downstop in the xray setup manual. So more, would be a lower value on the downstop gauge.
Although downstops and droop are the same thing, it's completely different (still get it

The downstop value is what u measure with either the AE droop gauge that comes with the car, or with the HUDY downstop gauges or anything like that.

Droop is the play you have when lifting the car before the wheels come lose. Best way to measure this is to pull the car up (slowly) from the middle of the shocktower (for the example the front end), meanwhile putting a finger on each of the 2 frontwheels than you can see the amount of droop you've got.

Another way to do is to use a screwdriver, search for a spot or hole in the middle as much to the front of the chassis as possible (or when you want to measure the rear, as much to the rear as possible) and than make a lever with the edge of the table. That way you can see how much you have to lift it before the wheels come lose. It's also a good way to see whether the left and right are setup equal.

And the rule for downstops/droop is that the higher the downstop value the lower the droop value is.
And the lower the downstop value is, the higher is the droop value.

so when you use someone else's setup, or someone gives you tips, always make sure whether he means the amount of droop, or the downstop value.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.