R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-14-2006, 06:03 AM   #1156
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.a.s
What makes me a little bit pissed off is the way all you guy come on and slag off the TC4 I still run one and have good results against the other cars out their. I am looking forward to the new car and would like to know when it will be out though.
I agree also. I have raced a FT TC4 for two weekends now, against the same people I raced against with before getting a FT TC4. Funny thing that the end result hasn't really changed. The same guys that ran me hard before the car run me hard now, and the same people I have beat with a belt car, I beat with the FT TC4. I will admit that the car makes me work harder to get it as dialed as possible out of the box and it has to be driven harder to do so, but the way some people bash the car, it makes it sound like you might as well not show up to race, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

It was actually pretty funny to here the "grumbles" around the track as to how I wouldn't be as fast and just as people switched from the TC4 to various belt cars, I just set the latest track record this weekend. I am sure the new car will be faster, but unless you race at the highest levels, the car is most likely not keeping you from winning.
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:20 AM   #1157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMits
...as a long time AE fan from the days of the gold tub RC10...
Now that gives me an idea. With Tamiya re-releasing the Frog, etc. Why not re-release the gold tub?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:22 AM   #1158
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

You gotta love the net. I have slandered products in the past but when it's all said and done......having different cars at the track makes everything interesting. When the new Losi, AE car come out there will be racers I beat running these cars and there will be racers beating me with these cars....and we will come on the net talking about how we smoked each other and if the beatings are onesided rather than improve our driving or work on set up we'll come on the net once again and say we need a JRXS-2 or a TC700....LOL The cycle never stops. Once again....we gotta love the internet. Someone at AE tell my buddy gary Owens that Clint said hello. He'll remember me by face if he doesn't remember my name.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:00 AM   #1159
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Hey Doc

Dr_H,

"Your girl" seems to have a lot more hair now. Come to think of it, she's standing up too, and she traded the milk bottle for a microphone !!!

Cheers from WV,
Mike
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:49 AM   #1160
Tech Fanatic

Hello,

Just wanted to wish the A-team good luck next week as they travel to Cleveland for some Carpet Racing. I am sure the testing that has been done over the past few months will pay off with a WIN.

Brent,

Who will be the drivers going to the race and wheeling the new car?

Have a good weekend to all

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:52 AM   #1161
Tech Fanatic

Brent or Tony,

How are the boyz doing at Cleveland???

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 11-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #1162
Tech Adept

AE : take your time and do it RIGHT I for one am patient and hope the car delivers the goods - then gets a nitro makeover and eats those damn v one rrr kyoshos - my ntc3 struggles at times
wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:44 PM   #1163
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, unfortunately we only have 4 drivers....Hohwart, Derosiers, Skidmore and Henderson. Of those guys, only 1 has had time on the car previous to this weekend....Hohwart. He qualified less than 1 second out of the top 10 and won the B.

Car, in my opinion, is really good. We just need a few more drivers to help counter the numerous drivers on all the other teams.

Congrats, however, to the guys that won in Cleveland.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #1164
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
Well, unfortunately we only have 4 drivers....Hohwart, Derosiers, Skidmore and Henderson. Of those guys, only 1 has had time on the car previous to this weekend....Hohwart. He qualified less than 1 second out of the top 10 and won the B.

Car, in my opinion, is really good. We just need a few more drivers to help counter the numerous drivers on all the other teams.

There was one in the Stock A main with Rob Schafer driving. Looked very good too with the short time they had to dial it in on carpet with an offroad wheel!! Hats off to Rob, Bob and Brent for getting him dialed in in one of the toughest fields there.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:28 PM   #1165
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
There was one in the Stock A main with Rob Schafer driving. Looked very good too with the short time they had to dial it in on carpet with an offroad wheel!! Hats off to Rob, Bob and Brent for getting him dialed in in one of the toughest fields there.

EA
Craig Drescher ran his yesterday at CARPET WARS and ran well.
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #1166
Tech Regular

I was able to run one of the prototypes this past week at the Indoor Champs in Cleveland Ohio. One word--- WOW! This car is going to be incredible. For the limited time I had the car I am very impressed!!!
The car is very user frendly. Easy to work on and very easy to make adjustments.
The diffs hold up very well under all the load of modified foam tire racing.
When you do need to do maintence, you can have the diffs out by removing just 6 screws. If you need to change the spur gear, it can be done very quickly.
You will be able to change rear toe inboard with the arm mounts or with the hubs, or a combo of both.
One thing that was brought up was the mounting of the sway bars. They have addressed this with a mount that is made for each size of bar. It captures the bar and you fully tighten the screw down. No more washers needed. Tighten it down and go.

Bob Has done a great job on this project and I am looking foward to the next time I am able to run the car.

Walter
Old 11-28-2006, 07:12 AM   #1167
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

this are infos that i wanna hear. i hope that i can drive one of this cars at the german indoor champoinchips in march.

bye
marcel
BlueSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #1168
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen

Tony,

Thanks for the update from the race. I do agree with you that many of the other teams are stacked with good drivers drivers. AE has their work cut out for them but I know they are up to the challange. AE has been the underdog in the TC world for a few years but I think the local scene will shift when the new car comes out. As for the pro drivers time will tell. I for one will give as much feed back to anybody that ask.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 11-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #1169
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default AE Belt

Any indication as when the car will be on the shelves.
Early next year or 2008 ?
yeahyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:42 PM   #1170
Tech Master

It was posted on the Live RC chat during the cleveland race that the car may be ready for release as soon as January.