R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-13-2006, 12:58 PM   #1141
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
i dont think people are bashing AE nor am I. just stating what i see. it would be nice to see AE get back on its feet because so many of us started off with a tc3. but after the tc4 the road is very long
Exactly why we are taking our time with this car. As was said, when it's done, it's done. No sooner, no later.

Todd: perfectly put. One word: Yokomo (in the states, anyway).
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #1142
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer
It must be coming out soon, Associated is blowing out FTTC4s for $199. Typical Associated lately, they are burning all their dealers by selling direct at a lower price than they sell their dealers. Poor Stormer is still selling them for $334 hoping to recover the money they spent to put them on the shelves. Ever since Thunder tiger bought them they have just been a-holes to everyone they do business with.

http://www.teamassociated.com/misc/i...t_specials.htm
You are just silly! When wsa the last time, or first time AE burned anybody!
AETC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #1143
Tech Adept

What makes me a little bit pissed off is the way all you guy come on and slag off the TC4 I still run one and have good results against the other cars out their. I am looking forward to the new car and would like to know when it will be out though.
i.a.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #1144
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.a.s
What makes me a little bit pissed off is the way all you guy come on and slag off the TC4 I still run one and have good results against the other cars out their. I am looking forward to the new car and would like to know when it will be out though.
I agree. I run 2 of them all the time....and they work pretty good. Just wait until the new car comes out....I've driven one and it's leaps and bounds over the 4.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 11-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #1145
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

When your business model revolves around selling new stuff on an annual or semi annual basis to the SAME people, you need to have something "new" every six months. Unfortunately, this is where the sedan market is at with a few exceptions.

I do notice that Corally does their fair share of winning with an "Associated" mind set: continually improve upon a great car with small changes. Eventually. they'll have a new car too, but they're going on like 3 years now.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #1146
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Lets release a new car every 6 months and see where TC racing will be in a couple years.
Heck, that's easy, and it's happening now...1/12 scale!

Todd, what do you expect? In this hobby if you don't have the absolute best car that's dialed in right out of the box (regardless of where you race) and provide instant feedback on every message board to every idiot......

then you suck!!!
jiml is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:44 PM   #1147
Tech Elite

But at the same time, you piss off all the people that have to BUY a new car every 6 months because the one they JUST bought is now obsolete. Plus, it makes it harder for the distributors/dealers/hobby shops to stock parts....meaning they STOCK less parts....harder for the end user to get parts....meaning you sell less parts.

Either way you look at it, there's goods and bads.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 11-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #1148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.a.s
my thoughts exactly... at the end of the day, once i put in some time and effort and get my car setup close to how i like it... i beat the people i drive better than, and get beat by those that drive better and have more experience... regardless of chassis/motor/battery...

the FT TC4 is still a good platform and is competitive with everything else out there with proper setup and driving...
Old 11-13-2006, 07:24 PM   #1149
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm confused. Who are you guys referring to that releases a new car every 6 months?
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:38 PM   #1150
Tech Elite

Well, that 'phrase' was stated early in this conversation....it might have been a little 'hypothetical'....although one company used to and now are almost non-existent in TC. Others have released a new car every 9 months to a year. Those companies have only a few vehicles they have to tend to.

We have offerings in Touring Car, 1:10th Offroad Buggy, 1:10th Offroad Truck, 1:12th Scale, 1:10th Scale Pro10 cars, Oval, Monster Truck, 1:18th Scale, 1:10th Gas Offroad Truck...AND all the accessories to deal with. Not to mention future projects. It's really not feasible for us deal a new car every year. We would need a pretty sizeable team of engineers to keep up with this. Currently we only have 2, but have added 2 more and are bringing them up to speed.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
Old 11-13-2006, 07:41 PM   #1151
Tech Regular

Quote:
unfortunately i think they are holding off because xray has released a new version. i think maybe they want to hold off and view theirs and others tech. revise theres and release there new platform.
oh please. you've been brainwashed by xray's marketing spiel.
xray has been doing this ever since they took corally's c4 design and called it their own for the t1....
Old 11-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #1152
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
Well, that 'phrase' was stated early in this conversation....it might have been a little 'hypothetical'....although one company used to and now are almost non-existent in TC. Others have released a new car every 9 months to a year. Those companies have only a few vehicles they have to tend to.

We have offerings in Touring Car, 1:10th Offroad Buggy, 1:10th Offroad Truck, 1:12th Scale, 1:10th Scale Pro10 cars, Oval, Monster Truck, 1:18th Scale, 1:10th Gas Offroad Truck...AND all the accessories to deal with. Not to mention future projects. It's really not feasible for us deal a new car every year. We would need a pretty sizeable team of engineers to keep up with this. Currently we only have 2, but have added 2 more and are bringing them up to speed.
well said mister phalen.
some people think its easy to pop things out. any business takes time, takes engineering, takes marketing, takes R&D, takes.... you name it, you got it.

as a long time AE fan from the days of the gold tub RC10... i shall await to see whats in store....
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:22 AM   #1153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
i started off in this hobby with an associated, great car. most companies if they are smart R&D all the competitions product before developing there own, do market studies to find what features customers like and what they would change. thats how you build a sucessfull product and company. xray and tamiya imo make some of the nicest kits to build.

i dont think people are bashing AE nor am I. just stating what i see. it would be nice to see AE get back on its feet because so many of us started off with a tc3. but after the tc4 the road is very long

Good luck

XRAY Driver
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:25 AM   #1154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default double post

deleted
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:34 AM   #1155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

Unfortunately for manufacturers, everything does NOT cost .30 cents to make and take only a few minutes to design, manufacture, test, distribute, etc. It takes a team, an investment of resources, time, money, effort, sometimes re-engineering after initial testing, etc.

Some vehicles, like competitive monster trucks and 1/8th scales are in the millions of dollars by the time we see them on the shelves, touring cars are not nearly as much, but a far cry from a few dollars and a dremel.

It's funny how the less someone knows, the easier they think everything is!

...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote