R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2009, 06:54 AM   #11491
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostman24 View Post
I think that it is ridiculous for someone else to have to make improvements on a manufacturers car. Don't get me wrong I think it is great that someone spends the time to thinks of improvement. I just don't understand why AE doesn't make improvements to there own product. Some other manufacturers do. I just wanted to throw this out ther. It has been on my mind for awhile now. I am not saying anything bad to anyone or about anyone. I am just stating a fact. Just my .02 cents.
ghostman i agree! kevin hebert and other team associated drivers have been running the car with this mod done to existing bulkheads! i hope associated is getting feedback from us and their team and is planning to come out with a new kit or conversion. they are probably testing a few things like battery placement and the new camber link position. also you know they will have to make an entirely new chassis and bulkheads for these changes so hopefully we will see something soon they can call the new car the tc5.1.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #11492
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

OEM is always a good thing, but are you guys saying you guys don't like aftermarket? Aftermarket parts are always going to be a part of everything, not just RC. It is what makes the world go round. Imagine if you had to buy oem replacement parts for everything you owned. Things would not be good.

I do want to make one comment though. I have to commend AE on the TC5. You have to love the fact that AE is sticking to the TC5 making it work doing the necessary adjustments to keep the car competitive. AE can very well be brand X and release a new car on a yearly basis. And guess what, I will buy it, but they don't. This decision keeps money in our pockets and us on the race tracks. It also allows people like Greg to exist and be successful. I can't speak for greg, but I would have a hard time designing a product like he did knowing or there even being a possibility that the car can be obsolete in a year.

Thanks AE.

--pakk
Old 12-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #11493
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakk View Post
OEM is always a good thing, but are you guys saying you guys don't like aftermarket? Aftermarket parts are always going to be a part of everything, not just RC. It is what makes the world go round. Imagine if you had to buy oem replacement parts for everything you owned. Things would not be good.

I do want to make one comment though. I have to commend AE on the TC5. You have to love the fact that AE is sticking to the TC5 making it work doing the necessary adjustments to keep the car competitive. AE can very well be brand X and release a new car on a yearly basis. And guess what, I will buy it, but they don't. This decision keeps money in our pockets and us on the race tracks. It also allows people like Greg to exist and be successful. I can't speak for greg, but I would have a hard time designing a product like he did knowing or there even being a possibility that the car can be obsolete in a year.

Thanks AE.

--pakk
+1
Old 12-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #11494
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

This is easy enough to do. Just e-mail or call Associated and tell them that you would like for them to produce either a new car or the parts that we have seen on their team driver cars that are winning races.

Be polite!

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #11495
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have nothing against aftermarket and I am glad some people are taking time to produce parts for and improve the car. I would think that the manufacturer also would produce newer parts to release also. I am not real big in having to buy a new version of a car that comes out each year and is a lot of $$. I stand behind the TC5. I have one and I like it. I like the price of parts too for it.
ghostman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #11496
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Can someone post a pic of the new motor mount?

or a web address?
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #11497
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The TC5.2r now with upgraded shocks and a redesigned rear bulkhead...lol.
trerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #11498
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostman24 View Post
I think that it is ridiculous for someone else to have to make improvements on a manufacturers car. Don't get me wrong I think it is great that someone spends the time to thinks of improvement. I just don't understand why AE doesn't make improvements to there own product. Some other manufacturers do. I just wanted to throw this out ther. It has been on my mind for awhile now. I am not saying anything bad to anyone or about anyone. I am just stating a fact. Just my .02 cents.
RC10 out of the box style

Typical 80's "Rc10"

It used to be you didn't have much of the original car left...all aftermarket

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #11499
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
RC10 out of the box style

Typical 80's "Rc10"

It used to be you didn't have much of the original car left...all aftermarket
Used to be?

Pretty much that is the way it is now. When I bought the TC5R the chassis was junk because the screw holes were countersunk too far. From what I have read now you have to replace the diff nut and screw, Move the servo, flip the belt, get new bulkheads, replace the chassis, use different shocks, use different hub carriers with larger bearings.....what did I miss?

Quite frankly the money you saved on running this car you could go out and buy any one of at least 4 different kits and get a car that was designed properly the first time. I am stuck with mine it seems.......trying to trade if for food stamps at this point.....even those are worth more. But hey I can now paint a really pretty body and have a 1/10 scale static model. At least it performs well enough at that.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #11500
Tech Adept

BTW in the 80s that was acceptable because all manufactures were at that level. These days the bar has been raised. AE needs to step up.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #11501
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
BTW in the 80s that was acceptable because all manufactures were at that level. These days the bar has been raised. AE needs to step up.
Amen to that.
ghostman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #11502
Tech Adept

Oh and I am a die hard AE racer. I have had 2 RC10GTs, a B4, a T3, a TC3, and currently own 2 T4s, a TC4, a RC10R5, a SC10, and a TC5R.

This TC5 is a dog Plain and simple.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #11503
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was running my TC5 bow stock, except the screws for the diff.

I have the Exotek chassis and like it. I don't think it's any better than the stock, just different. I haven't moved my servo, flipped my belts, bought different shocks, different hub carriers (I didn't even know about these), etc. The car works very well out of the box. We have a good mix of X Ray, AE, and Hot Bodies at our track and there is no clear "best chassis" out there. Is the TC5 the most dated chassis out there right now? Sure it is. But just because it's dated doesn't mean it's out dated. Can you make it better? Yes. But you can honestly tell me there is something wrong with the stock shocks? I bet if I changed out the shocks on your car and gave you the same piston/oil/spring combo you wouldn't notice a difference in lap times or handling between the stock and the TRF's. Same as the new bulkheads. Balance the car stock and with the new bulkheads. Is it a difference, it just may be. But will it make you Hara, Moore, Levenan, Hebert? I really doubt it. If you don't like the car, don't run it. I like the car so I do run it and I am very happy with it.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #11504
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post

I have the Exotek chassis and like it. I don't think it's any better than the stock, just different. I haven't moved my servo, flipped my belts, bought different shocks, different hub carriers (I didn't even know about these), etc. The car works very well out of the box. We have a good mix of X Ray, AE, and Hot Bodies at our track and there is no clear "best chassis" out there. Is the TC5 the most dated chassis out there right now? Sure it is. But just because it's dated doesn't mean it's out dated. Can you make it better? Yes. But you can honestly tell me there is something wrong with the stock shocks? I bet if I changed out the shocks on your car and gave you the same piston/oil/spring combo you wouldn't notice a difference in lap times or handling between the stock and the TRF's. Same as the new bulkheads. Balance the car stock and with the new bulkheads. Is it a difference, it just may be. But will it make you Hara, Moore, Levenan, Hebert? I really doubt it. If you don't like the car, don't run it. I like the car so I do run it and I am very happy with it.
+1
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #11505
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post

+1

My TC5 is great. The only thing I've changed was the Diff Nut. Evereything else is right out of the box except the bleeder holes in the shock caps.
bfong13 is offline   Reply With Quote