Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

There was nothing wrong with the TC4 or FT TC4. On carpet/foams we had ours as fast or faster than the TC3's we were running before.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Doug, LOL, I have run alot of both and it seems like more of the off road guys are laid back. On road seems to be intentionally more intense.
The fact that the cars stay the same for 3 or 4 years is also a bonus, .

Both are fun though, imo, under the right circumstances!(When people remember we are supposed to be relaxing on the weekends, racing with toy cars)

...Jim
Old 11-13-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't feel like searching 37 pages. Are there any spy photos of the new car anywhere?
Old 11-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rdeppen
I don't feel like searching 37 pages. Are there any spy photos of the new car anywhere?
Yeah somewhere on the 37 pages.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think there are some in the 1st 5.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
It must be coming out soon, Associated is blowing out FTTC4s for $199. Typical Associated lately, they are burning all their dealers by selling direct at a lower price than they sell their dealers. Poor Stormer is still selling them for $334 hoping to recover the money they spent to put them on the shelves. Ever since Thunder tiger bought them they have just been a-holes to everyone they do business with.

http://www.teamassociated.com/misc/i...t_specials.htm

Until you know the whole story I would suggest not bashing a company for their processes.

We offered ALL of these vehicles (that we are selling direct on our site) to distributors so THEY could sell them at whatever price they wanted...and not 'burn' the dealers. NO DISTRIBUTORS WANTED THEM. So, what are we supposed to do with all the cars we have???????

We sell them direct, and a discounted price, to the end customer. Don't get mad at us....WE OFFERED THEM TO THE DISTRIBUTORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give them a call and piss on them.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Until you know the whole story I would suggest not bashing a company for their processes.

We offered ALL of these vehicles (that we are selling direct on our site) to distributors so THEY could sell them at whatever price they wanted...and not 'burn' the dealers. NO DISTRIBUTORS WANTED THEM. So, what are we supposed to do with all the cars we have???????.

Have Associeted been sleeping lately. Havent they noticed what is popular in TC currently. Make cars that the customers want or you will be out of business.

There must be something very wrong with the processes at Associated if it take this long to get a car out, that seems to very similar to the competition.
It is a risk it will be oldfasioned when it comes on the market.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moonman
Have Associeted been sleeping lately. Havent they noticed what is popular in TC currently. Make cars that the customers want or you will be out of business.

There must be something very wrong with the processes at Associated if it take this long to get a car out, that seems to very similar to the competition.
It is a risk it will be oldfasioned when it comes on the market.
unfortunately i think they are holding off because xray has released a new version. i think maybe they want to hold off and view theirs and others tech. revise theres and release there new platform. this method does not work, get it out on the market and improve through its customers. if they have any left
Old 11-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Sleeping???? Because we don't come out with a new version of a particular car every 6 months????? Ummmm, well. No. Not sleeping. Perfecting.

The TC3 was dialed (at the time) because it worked, and there was not very much competition back then.

Then the TC4 came out. Good car, but probably not where we needed to be as more companies started stepping up the game a bit. We tried to keep the shaft-drive alive by coming out with a FT TC4 which, as everyone else does, was not a good choice.

So, now we have our belt drive. This is our FIRST belt drive car....unlike the other companies that have had several just this year. We don't want to release a new version every 6 months....we want one that works from the get go.

So, our options are:

1) Release the car now...and if it sucks, everyone can bash us that we didn't wait and release a car that works, or....

2) Wait, and get bashed NOW that we don't have something on the market, and release something that is complete, tested and works.

Those that like/love Associated will buy one. Those that don't have MANY more to choose from.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kerry
unfortunately i think they are holding off because xray has released a new version. i think maybe they want to hold off and view theirs and others tech. revise theres and release there new platform. this method does not work, get it out on the market and improve through its customers. if they have any left
Funny.

XRay driver response.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

I guess most people posting in this thread either have a VERY short memory, or haven't been in the hobby very long, otherwise, they'd understand exactly why Associated is taking as long as they are on this. To see it you simply need to look back at the TC3, it took a MINIMUM of two years for them to release it(which was about 1-1 1/2 years later than they originally planned & announced), & the reason why was that they simply wanted to make the car as good as they possibly could get it(because we were already seeing companies doing the "chassis of the month" thing), & the end result was a car that was fiercely competitive for over FIVE YEARS(which is unheard of today). Really, there's no reason to bash anyone over a car that's not even on the shelves yet, & as for when this one will be ready my guess is what we used to hear about the TC3, "It'll be ready when it's ready", no sooner, no later.....
Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 PM
TLRacing

Lets release a new car every 6 months and see where TC racing will be in a couple years.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Lets release a new car every 6 months and see where TC racing will be in a couple years.
WORD...Type R 007, 007.5 by the Reedy Race..
Old 11-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
isn't that called Tamiya ? :P

*patiently waiting*
Old 11-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i started off in this hobby with an associated, great car. most companies if they are smart R&D all the competitions product before developing there own, do market studies to find what features customers like and what they would change. thats how you build a sucessfull product and company. i agree with you regarding not releasing a product untill its ready, but this industry is all about hipe, and that sells. i have had nearly every touring car on the market all with there own plus and minuses. and making fun of the competition only makes you look desperate. build one and you will see the quality they make. xray and tamiya imo make some of the nicest kits to build.

i dont think people are bashing AE nor am I. just stating what i see. it would be nice to see AE get back on its feet because so many of us started off with a tc3. but after the tc4 the road is very long

Good luck

XRAY Driver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.