R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2006, 10:50 AM   #1111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Carpet in the O.C. at Bending Corners Raceway!

Just wanted to mention. I think I saw three of the new belt belt drive cars running at the BCraceway in the O.C. last night. Very impressive. I believe they were running mod foam and man all of them looked hooked up on carpet! Maybe they were just dialing in the car for the next big carpet race back east. If so AE will be right there in the thick of it!
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #1112
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan14
wiil this car be out in time for christmas???
It must be coming out soon, Associated is blowing out FTTC4s for $199. Typical Associated lately, they are burning all their dealers by selling direct at a lower price than they sell their dealers. Poor Stormer is still selling them for $334 hoping to recover the money they spent to put them on the shelves. Ever since Thunder tiger bought them they have just been a-holes to everyone they do business with.

http://www.teamassociated.com/misc/i...t_specials.htm

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #1113
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer
It must be coming out soon, Associated is blowing out FTTC4s for $199. Typical Associated lately, they are burning all their dealers by selling direct at a lower price than they sell their dealers. Poor Stormer is still selling them for $334 hoping to recover the money they spent to put them on the shelves.

Its now 50% off $189.95
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/
loopedeloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:17 PM   #1114
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to volracer
Thumbs up

Quote:
It must be coming out soon, Associated is blowing out FTTC4s for $199. Typical Associated lately, they are burning all their dealers by selling direct at a lower price than they sell their dealers. Poor Stormer is still selling them for $334 hoping to recover the money they spent to put them on the shelves. Ever since Thunder tiger bought them they have just been a-holes to everyone they do business with.

You failed to mention the deals on the NTC3
No battery controversy.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:20 PM   #1115
Tech Adept

Raced at RcMadnness in Conn. on Sunday
and Eric Deroshiers(not sure on the spelling)
was running the new car in 19 turn.

Smyka was also running with his Losi,not the
new one. The AE car looked very good. Eric won
and the car seemed to steer alot more than the losi

I was a AE guy forever but didnt like the tc4 ft that
i had,couldnt get it to work like i wanted it to. Might
be tempted to get the new one though.

It was foam on carpet.
giantbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #1116
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopedeloop
Its now 50% off $189.95
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/
The TC4 team kit is half price at $189
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=ASC30100
The TC4 factory team kit is still $334
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=ASC30102

Stormer got screwed by their supplier.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #1117
Tech Regular

With my best guess February will be the release date for the car kit. I bet that the prototype is exactly what the car will look like and they are already working on the molds for the parts now.
SoCalMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:14 AM   #1118
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Chrisgt2 Send a message via Yahoo to Chrisgt2
Default TC5

I actually held the car in my hand at the Halloween Classic and was told that parts were 60-70% complete.....just waiting on the rest to be done. The only reason the prototype parts were on the car was to use them all up before they used the production parts.

It was a team member whose name I will not reveal
Franchise Racing Products
The Raceway - Beaver, PA
Chrisgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #1119
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantbill
Raced at RcMadnness in Conn. on Sunday
and Eric Deroshiers(not sure on the spelling)
was running the new car in 19 turn.

Smyka was also running with his Losi,not the
new one. The AE car looked very good. Eric won
and the car seemed to steer alot more than the losi

I was a AE guy forever but didnt like the tc4 ft that
i had,couldnt get it to work like i wanted it to. Might
be tempted to get the new one though.

It was foam on carpet.
I hear ya Bill. That car was ballistic!!!............You should treat yourself to a nice X-mas gift.

See you with the "New Car" at the track!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:59 AM   #1120
Tech Adept

When will it be out in the uk
i.a.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #1121
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

How about the poor sucker customers who bought it for $345??? AE told us how great it was then it fell flat. Now with AE selling new ones for $200 you practically can't give a used one away. Talk about a kick in the balls. Not only did I get ripped off to begin with, but they also made it impossible to get much of my money back. To make it worse they are probably making plenty of profit off them at $200 and were just ripping customers off completely at $345. Well they won't fool me twice.

Quote:

Duratrax ICE
porschejim911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #1122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My signature used to say that I was running two FT TC4's. Now it says I'm running a T2'007, and I'm in the market for a used T2. Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have started with the Xrays.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:12 PM   #1123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

i.a.s., the car is not out yet, due next spring. I think they are joking about the prototypes?

Quote:
How about the poor sucker customers who bought it for $345??? AE told us how great it was then it fell flat. Now with AE selling new ones for $200 you practically can't give a used one away. Talk about a kick in the balls. Not only did I get ripped off to begin with, but they also made it impossible to get much of my money back. To make it worse they are probably making plenty of profit off them at $200 and were just ripping customers off completely at $345. Well they won't fool me twice.
Wow, i'm no A/E fanatic by any means, but isn't that a little harsh?
Have you ever bought anything other then R/C?
I have a friend who bought a brand new GT mustang in 05', for $31,000, then the 06' came out with the new body style. FORD didn't offer him anything in return when he wanted to trade it back in and in fact they told him, "sorry, that body style just won't bring in nearly what you owe on it, in fact the best we can do on a trade is $19,000"....the 05' car was 8 months old and he lost $12,000(If he traded).

What about a PC, cell phone, PS2, XBox, iPod?

Those never get obsoleted right after locking into a 2 year contract, or putting a hurt on the Visa?

I would sell off the old stuff for whatever it will bring, then buy whatever you think is best. But I wouldn't talk about the mistreatment of my family jewels in regard to a toy car being replaces with a better model....eventually.

The only thing I'm not to keen on is the dealers taking a beating, they should be able to return their unsold kits and get credit at least on other products, etc. Especially since A/E(Thunder Tiger) is selling direct and cutting them out.

At least the TC3-4 platform is OLD, maybe 8 years now I guess?

Xray is the first one to obsolete their cars, if we don't want new cars all the time why run on road, it is the worst class, constantly doing that!!!

Take it easy,
...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:06 AM   #1124
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschejim911

XRay T2
Factory Team TC4
VFS-1 Competition Pro esc
KO Helios w/Spektrum Pro
Hurricane World Cells 1.23
Protoform DNA1
CO27
JR z9000s
Integy 16x8v6
That s a little rich coming from someone who runs an Xray whose cars change about 4 times more often than AE ones ! Talk about resale value on those !!!
Why don t you go vent in THEIR thread ?

And to assume AE "rips customers off", why don t you start your own hobby company ??... it seems plenty easy by the way you make it sound.

Last edited by Patriiick; 11-13-2006 at 02:25 AM.
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:54 AM   #1125
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
if we don't want new cars all the time why run on road, it is the worst class, constantly doing that!!!
...Long live off-road!
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote