R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2006, 11:14 PM   #1096
Tech Elite
 
ottoman's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I spent a lot of time talking to Bob (the cars designer) this weekend at the Halloween race. He doesnt read these threads so your not influencing him I mentioned some of the comments made here and we had a good laugh. I have known Bob long enough to know he is going to do what HE thinks is best and thats what he was hired to do.
The car did look very good by the end of the weekend and I believe it was only the second time on carpet for the car.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:26 PM   #1097
Tech Elite
 
itchy b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In My Man Cave
Posts: 4,144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
Ok. I don't mind people openly stating that our product is a copy....heck, when we made the 'better' first shaft drive car, I don't remember anyone saying that Tamiya and HPI and Hot Bodies and whoever else copied us!!!! I mean, really, a shaft, conical drive gears, etc. But hey, that' engineering, right???

So, now WE are coming out with a new belt drive car and guess what....all the other companies already HAVE belt drives....in all different configurations. So, what do we do. Why not pull a little from here and a little from there and make OUR version of it? Sure, it uses 2 belts (like XRay, Tamiya, Hot Bodies, HPI, etc). Sure, it uses FOUR bulkheads (like XRay, Tamiya, Hot Bodies, HPI, etc). In fact, we even copied them and made them ALUMINUM! But wait, we copied the fact that the diffs are centered, and the motor is BEHIND the batteries...and guess what, the servo is up front near the steering. We even gave it FOUR (yes, you can count them) body posts!!!!!!

Point is, there comes a time when every car is going to be pretty similar....it's what works....not to mention that there are a LOT of companies out there right now making touring cars....all pretty similar. There are a few exceptions to that rule, but generally they are all the same. It comes down to the individual companies 'design' of said drivetrain.

Anyway, I don't follow these 'rumor' forums much because of the crap that is spewed in them for this reason. I did want to say my peace, however.

Thanks, and back to our regularly scheduled program.
I think you forgot to mention that it most likely will also have 6 suspension arms and may even come with battery slots supp lied
__________________
-Blitz-Rallyhawk-EX 1.5R-Xpress-P64 Tyrrell-Lotus79-Espirit VTA
EX1.5-SC10 4x4
itchy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:16 AM   #1098
Tech Master
 
bxpitbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Union City, New Jersey
Posts: 1,892
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrucks
Now was all that really called for, you choice of words is very impressive, and you may just get reported.
I dont know how long you have been reading this thread, but people have been bashing this car since the pics came out. I am tired of seeing it and because of this, I came out the way I did. While it isnt soft and sugar coated, I am positive that is how others may feel. Put it this way, I received way more colorful language when I hated on the JRXS-R. Peace.
__________________
R40-Pondering a new Red Dot
Hara Pro4-GTB/3.5/Max Amps-yea.
Pondering moving on to Xray-have to go with a winner. If you cant beat em, join em!

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:50 AM   #1099
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
I spent a lot of time talking to Bob (the cars designer) this weekend at the Halloween race. He doesnt read these threads so your not influencing him I mentioned some of the comments made here and we had a good laugh. I have known Bob long enough to know he is going to do what HE thinks is best and thats what he was hired to do.
The car did look very good by the end of the weekend and I believe it was only the second time on carpet for the car.
I can't wait to hear what set-ups they ended up with!

Now that the car has seen a lot of carpet testing, it will improve rapidly. I will be in Cleveland before the Indoor Champs testing as will many of the other factory AE drivers. The car will be dialed!
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:09 PM   #1100
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,142
Default

Rick-dawg!

We missed you on Saturday!

You gonna be running tonight?
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- P1 BRAND -- TUNING HAUS -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #1101
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,931
Default

Maybe Saturday, but next Tuesday for sure.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:32 PM   #1102
Tech Regular
 
tc4wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: under your mums bed
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=RCknight] Two key words for tuning options, quick and easy.


A very valid point. I couldn't agree more. Gee this thread is getting nasty in places isn't it.

I don't think i have aver seen so many ppl get so fired up and angry over a prototype chassis.

I spose it is good to see there is so much passion in R/C racing.
tc4wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:38 PM   #1103
Tech Adept
 
RedRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
..and guess what, the servo is up front near the steering. We even gave it FOUR (yes, you can count them) body posts!!!!!!
Ahhhhhh haha haha, that is brilliant, i could almost sense your eye twitching from here.

BTW i agree with you.
RedRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:29 PM   #1104
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado, Above The Rest
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
Ok. I don't mind people openly stating that our product is a copy....heck, when we made the 'better' first shaft drive car, I don't remember anyone saying that Tamiya and HPI and Hot Bodies and whoever else copied us!!!! I mean, really, a shaft, conical drive gears, etc. But hey, that' engineering, right???

So, now WE are coming out with a new belt drive car and guess what....all the other companies already HAVE belt drives....in all different configurations. So, what do we do. Why not pull a little from here and a little from there and make OUR version of it? Sure, it uses 2 belts (like XRay, Tamiya, Hot Bodies, HPI, etc). Sure, it uses FOUR bulkheads (like XRay, Tamiya, Hot Bodies, HPI, etc). In fact, we even copied them and made them ALUMINUM! But wait, we copied the fact that the diffs are centered, and the motor is BEHIND the batteries...and guess what, the servo is up front near the steering. We even gave it FOUR (yes, you can count them) body posts!!!!!!

Point is, there comes a time when every car is going to be pretty similar....it's what works....not to mention that there are a LOT of companies out there right now making touring cars....all pretty similar. There are a few exceptions to that rule, but generally they are all the same. It comes down to the individual companies 'design' of said drivetrain.

Anyway, I don't follow these 'rumor' forums much because of the crap that is spewed in them for this reason. I did want to say my peace, however.

Thanks, and back to our regularly scheduled program.
Yea, I bet that its got 4 wheels too, You guys are a bunch of rip-off hacks!!

Good luck with the new car Tony, I'm sure it will be very successful......
__________________
Team BSR
Team Power Push
Protoform Race Bodies
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com

Last edited by THE DARKSIDE; 10-31-2006 at 05:49 PM.
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:39 PM   #1105
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,270
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thanks, I'm glad someone agrees with some of my...

[QUOTE=tc4wally]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
Two key words for tuning options, quick and easy.


A very valid point. I couldn't agree more. Gee this thread is getting nasty in places isn't it.

I don't think i have aver seen so many ppl get so fired up and angry over a prototype chassis.

I spose it is good to see there is so much passion in R/C racing.
points. I try only to bring up points that I believe the club racers would like to see in the new car.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #1106
Tech Adept
 
Ryan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: windsor
Posts: 204
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

wiil this car be out in time for christmas???
__________________
Its only fast if you know how to drive it.
TeamAHK | Horizon Hobby | Umbrella Hobby | Action Hobbies Kingsville | Edward Jones Investment | CIBC | Hobbywing | Cerberus | SkyRC |
Ryan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #1107
Tech Adept
 
Lana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: B double O Bee eye E S
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan14
wiil this car be out in time for christmas???

Yea I gotta have one.
Lana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #1108
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,125
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I seem to remember them saying it would probably be sometime this summer at the very earliest, so you should probably be thinking about next Xmas.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #1109
Tech Fanatic
 
Kevin Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I seem to remember them saying it would probably be sometime this summer at the very earliest, so you should probably be thinking about next Xmas.

Not sure if I would go that far, The A-Team did a good job on delivering the GT2 and look how well that truck is doing now. 2006 ROAR champion (1st major event since release) and 2006 Reedy Truck Race of Champions (RTROC).

Just give them time and you will have a dialed TC


Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:40 AM   #1110
Tech Elite
 
J.Gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I had a chance to check out the car in person this weekend. The car has some very clever features and overall I was impressed with its performance on carpet with foam tires it seemed to be a significant improvement in handling and balance compared to tc4.


The car is still very pre-production.

I would much rather have them take the time to develop the car 100% rather than introduce a new car every 6 months like their competitors

You guys really need to reconsider the silly comments/bashing as it just going to lead to ae being even more closed about the development of the car.

Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 07:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 01:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 07:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 08:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 12:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net