R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #11071
Tech Fanatic
 
Damnit Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oviedo, FL
Posts: 777
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Damnit Man
Default

Well I guess the bulkheads are off my shopping list after reading Nick's posts.
Damnit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #11072
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Black Country, England
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Sounds like user error
WRONG!
__________________
It's frightening to think that with modern medicine and all technique available to them, they can’t really help you; I should think in the old days you know you were better auf, because nowadays they’re all specialists, everyone’s becoming better and better at less and less! And eventually someone’s gonna to be superb, AT NOTHING!
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #11073
Tech Elite
 
Scottmisfits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,104
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Priest View Post
Because the car has great potential once the factory issues have been addressed. Also I believe you will find I do not cause the trouble only defending the product against a bunch of people who don't even have experience of it!
Wrong again. People are calling you out on stuff you say and obviuously have no proof of these wild claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnit Man View Post
Well I guess the bulkheads are off my shopping list after reading Nick's posts.
I was thinking about it as well. After the spokesman for that product has handled himself in such a manner, there's no way. I can wait. It's not that big of a deal to me. The car doesn't need them anyway.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #11074
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Black Country, England
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnit Man View Post
Well I guess the bulkheads are off my shopping list after reading Nick's posts.
Why? Because people who have never ran a pair or bought them in the first place think they're right? I think you will fine the people in america and other places will tell you how good they are over the standard design.
__________________
It's frightening to think that with modern medicine and all technique available to them, they can’t really help you; I should think in the old days you know you were better auf, because nowadays they’re all specialists, everyone’s becoming better and better at less and less! And eventually someone’s gonna to be superb, AT NOTHING!
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #11075
Tech Elite
 
ottoman's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,748
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I run the in line bulkheads and I find them to be an improvement over the stock bulkhead/motor mount.

Yea its a little more work to get the layshaft out.. but its not a big deal.

With the motor tucked in the car balances better at 1420 grams and I havent seen any marks on my motor indicating its dragging in the sweeper like I had all last year on carpet.

I have spent more on stuff that ended up doing a lot less
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #11076
Tech Master
 
Verndog's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: PPDBillet.com USA
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Well then why make parts, or promote parts for a car that's a piece of crap?

Stay out of this thread. You have not helped anyone and just started a bunch of trouble.

Let's try and get back to post's that might actually help and PROMOTE a great car like the TC5, what this thread is about anyway.
Exactly.

And he's not doing his buddy any good while ripping on the Associated quality. People here are looking for solutions and improvements, not people ripping on their choice in RC.

Hey Moderators

Why do others threads and posts get deleted when they promote their products but his dont?? Clearly he is affiliated with the manufacturer and refers to the bulkheads as "ours"? This has gone on long enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Priest View Post
It's good and costs nothing no doubt about that, but those bulkheads are weak enough without taking material off them

Which is why I prefer our bulkheads, superior in strength and allow the car to flex more evenly
Team Associated TC5
__________________
--->Dial-a-Grip for TC6
Kevin -- PPDBillet---TC6---Exoray 008
---Team Hoarders---
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #11077
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Black Country, England
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
I run the in line bulkheads and I find them to be an improvement over the stock bulkhead/motor mount.

Yea its a little more work to get the layshaft out.. but its not a big deal.

With the motor tucked in the car balances better at 1420 grams and I havent seen any marks on my motor indicating its dragging in the sweeper like I had all last year on carpet.

I have spent more on stuff that ended up doing a lot less
Thank you, finally someone with actual experience with the bulkheads. :-)
__________________
It's frightening to think that with modern medicine and all technique available to them, they can’t really help you; I should think in the old days you know you were better auf, because nowadays they’re all specialists, everyone’s becoming better and better at less and less! And eventually someone’s gonna to be superb, AT NOTHING!
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #11078
Tech Fanatic
 
Damnit Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oviedo, FL
Posts: 777
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Damnit Man
Default

I just don't like coming on to a thread about a car that I run and am competitive with, just to see it being called a piece of crap. By of all people a guy trying to promote parts for the car.
Damnit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #11079
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Priest View Post
Why? Because people who have never ran a pair or bought them in the first place think they're right? I think you will fine the people in america and other places will tell you how good they are over the standard design.
Now you are missing the point. Your attitude is not helping to sell the product. If it is a truly a superior product it will sell it's self. Ottoman's post is a better example of how to sell a product then anything you have posted in the last few pages.
MonkeyFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #11080
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Black Country, England
Posts: 340
Default

I do not respond nicely to people who are basically calling me a liar!
__________________
It's frightening to think that with modern medicine and all technique available to them, they can’t really help you; I should think in the old days you know you were better auf, because nowadays they’re all specialists, everyone’s becoming better and better at less and less! And eventually someone’s gonna to be superb, AT NOTHING!
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #11081
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Priest View Post
I do not respond nicely to people who are basically calling me a liar!
Liar, you take it quite well.


sorry couldn't resist.
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #11082
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Black Country, England
Posts: 340
Default

Wahey finally something to lighten the mood
__________________
It's frightening to think that with modern medicine and all technique available to them, they can’t really help you; I should think in the old days you know you were better auf, because nowadays they’re all specialists, everyone’s becoming better and better at less and less! And eventually someone’s gonna to be superb, AT NOTHING!
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #11083
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Black Country, England
Posts: 340
Default

And mr snoop dog, i get no commission from greig so i see no fault with advertising them on his behalf as he doesn't browse forums as often as I do ;-)
__________________
It's frightening to think that with modern medicine and all technique available to them, they can’t really help you; I should think in the old days you know you were better auf, because nowadays they’re all specialists, everyone’s becoming better and better at less and less! And eventually someone’s gonna to be superb, AT NOTHING!
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #11084
Tech Elite
 
Scottmisfits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,104
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Yet again, insults. I'll bring the shovel to help dig that grave you're digging for yourself.

Keep going.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #11085
Tech Fanatic
 
Damnit Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oviedo, FL
Posts: 777
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Damnit Man
Default

So, is he promoting or trolling?
Damnit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0