R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #1081
Tech Apprentice

Dude just go buy an XRAY or somthing and stop wishing for AE to make a XRAY replica because that is obviously what you want to see.
T.J.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:06 PM   #1082
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yea...I did about a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J.1
Dude just go buy an XRAY or somthing and stop wishing for AE to make a XRAY replica because that is obviously what you want to see.
Alright I give. Lol...
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #1083
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #1084
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
I going to give my thoughts about what I want in a TC, bottom line. Maybe I'll influence them, but most likely not....Their goal should be sales and how they will obtain them.
I sure don't think they're going to need your influence to work out that their goal should be sales!! . You think they're wasting all this money developing a new car for a good laugh?
ralph_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:10 PM   #1085
Tech Elite

Default No what I meant is that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_c
I sure don't think they're going to need your influence to work out that their goal should be sales!! . You think they're wasting all this money developing a new car for a good laugh?

It's not people being intolerant towards open talking about a product. It's people getting annoyed at you arguing the toss against everything on the car that isn't a perfect reproduction of an Xray part...
their goal should be about sales and how they will compete with Xray in design features and price.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:02 PM   #1086
Tech Fanatic

Hey Chris shouldn't you be on the Losi threads complaining about there design. That is where you used to be. Maybe you still frequent that thread I don't know.

You come on here talking like you are the fastest racer with all kinds of engineering knowlege. But funny thing is that you suck as a driver and you don't know squat about engineering. Last time I check you were just a small town sheriff that has nothing better to do but harass the local high school kids and give out mip's

So untill you get that call from an rc company to give input on what they should do to a car why don't you keep your stupid wannabe Xray's ideas to yourself.

It is bad enough that Nebraska gets a bad name from the couple of scammers on here now you and your lame remarks.
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #1087
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Hey Chris shouldn't you be on the Losi threads complaining about there design. That is where you used to be. Maybe you still frequent that thread I don't know.

You come on here talking like you are the fastest racer with all kinds of engineering knowlege. But funny thing is that you suck as a driver and you don't know squat about engineering. Last time I check you were just a small town sheriff that has nothing better to do but harass the local high school kids and give out mip's

So untill you get that call from an rc company to give input on what they should do to a car why don't you keep your stupid wannabe Xray's ideas to yourself.

It is bad enough that Nebraska gets a bad name from the couple of scammers on here now you and your lame remarks.
Bravo... Bravo... for that great display I couldnt have put it better myself.
T.J.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #1088
Tech Elite

Default Oh..that's funny.

Quote:

You have no idea what the heck your talking about. We will talk about this in person, but my guess is you would rather PM me about it.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #1089
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
You have no idea what the heck your talking about. We will talk about this in person, but my guess is you would rather PM me about it.

... um, this is FAR more interesting than anything you have spewed in a while... PLEASE oh PLEASE... NO PMS!!! As you said, this IS a public forum, and right now, you have the publics interest...

... have you built any diffs yet?

DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #1090
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:49 PM   #1091
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok. I don't mind people openly stating that our product is a copy....heck, when we made the 'better' first shaft drive car, I don't remember anyone saying that Tamiya and HPI and Hot Bodies and whoever else copied us!!!! I mean, really, a shaft, conical drive gears, etc. But hey, that' engineering, right???

So, now WE are coming out with a new belt drive car and guess what....all the other companies already HAVE belt drives....in all different configurations. So, what do we do. Why not pull a little from here and a little from there and make OUR version of it? Sure, it uses 2 belts (like XRay, Tamiya, Hot Bodies, HPI, etc). Sure, it uses FOUR bulkheads (like XRay, Tamiya, Hot Bodies, HPI, etc). In fact, we even copied them and made them ALUMINUM! But wait, we copied the fact that the diffs are centered, and the motor is BEHIND the batteries...and guess what, the servo is up front near the steering. We even gave it FOUR (yes, you can count them) body posts!!!!!!

Point is, there comes a time when every car is going to be pretty similar....it's what works....not to mention that there are a LOT of companies out there right now making touring cars....all pretty similar. There are a few exceptions to that rule, but generally they are all the same. It comes down to the individual companies 'design' of said drivetrain.

Anyway, I don't follow these 'rumor' forums much because of the crap that is spewed in them for this reason. I did want to say my peace, however.

Thanks, and back to our regularly scheduled program.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:09 PM   #1092
Tech Adept

Way to go TPhalen, very good way to represent.

BigTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #1093
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Tony, you put it mildy! Quite the gent so I'll remove the sugar for you...to all you haters, if you dont like it, phuck off and go to the thread other than this! I dont see all of you people griping on Corally, XRAY, HotBodies or Tamiya, so break the phuck out with the bullshit already! If you dont like the car, dont buy it, dont read up on it and keep your God-damn comments to yourself. The shit is growing quite stale already!

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:25 PM   #1094
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Tony, you put it mildy! Quite the gent so I'll remove the sugar for you...to all you haters, if you dont like it, phuck off and go to the thread other than this! I dont see all of you people griping on Corally, XRAY, HotBodies or Tamiya, so break the phuck out with the bullshit already! If you dont like the car, dont buy it, dont read up on it and keep your God-damn comments to yourself. The shit is growing quite stale already!

Now was all that really called for, you choice of words is very impressive, and you may just get reported.
BigTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #1095
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote