R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-23-2006, 12:34 AM   #1036
Tech Initiate

please dont forget the european market, we love RUBBER Tires :-)
BlueSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:32 PM   #1037
Tech Apprentice

I've done a lot of rubber tire testing on carpet lately. A week ago we had 3 cars racing at the Orion Speedweekend in Germany. Pretty much all of the european top drivers were present. I qualified 6th and Christer Andersson took BQ missing the main by a tenth. I got the car working really good in the mains and was able to get 4th overall. I missed the podium by a bitter 2 tenths

This weekend I was at the Rebellion race in Finland. All the top Finnish drivers (Ahoniemi brothers, Teemu etc.) were there along with a few international drivers. I won all six rounds of qualifying and TQ'd by nearly 4 seconds. The separation from 2nd to 9th was about the same as from TQ to 2nd place so the competition was pretty tough. I also won two mains and took the overall win. Young Christer made the main too with the new car.
JuhoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:35 PM   #1038
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Rick Hohwart

I see you monitor this forum on a regular basis. I'd like to ask you some q's about some battery packs I got from Peak, how do I go about contacting you to get this info?
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:55 PM   #1039
Tech Apprentice

Johnny: If it's about Peak you should ask Rick Hohwart. Just PM him!
JuhoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:07 AM   #1040
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I see you monitor this forum on a regular basis. I'd like to ask you some q's about some battery packs I got from Peak, how do I go about contacting you to get this info?
I sent a PM with contact info
Old 10-24-2006, 10:17 AM   #1041
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuhoL
I've done a lot of rubber tire testing on carpet lately. A week ago we had 3 cars racing at the Orion Speedweekend in Germany. Pretty much all of the european top drivers were present. I qualified 6th and Christer Andersson took BQ missing the main by a tenth. I got the car working really good in the mains and was able to get 4th overall. I missed the podium by a bitter 2 tenths

This weekend I was at the Rebellion race in Finland. All the top Finnish drivers (Ahoniemi brothers, Teemu etc.) were there along with a few international drivers. I won all six rounds of qualifying and TQ'd by nearly 4 seconds. The separation from 2nd to 9th was about the same as from TQ to 2nd place so the competition was pretty tough. I also won two mains and took the overall win. Young Christer made the main too with the new car.
Congratulations!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:07 PM   #1042
Tech Regular

...wow, what I've missed being on vacation...

As Juho said, he's been doing quite a bit of testing on carpet with rubber tires. Anyone who follows this class knows that Juho is capable of winning any event against the best in the World. His input has been vital to the development of the car for this surface.

Rick has been great to work with. Always prepared, ready to test and learn, consistent as can be and most importantly level headed. His input will go a long way in making the car quick right out of the box on asphalt.

As the foam tire carpet season gets underway in the U.S., Bob will be working with our foam drivers developing and tuning the car specifically for this surface.

Each one of the surfaces is completely different, and to have one car that fits every application is no small feat. Rest assured we are addressing all categories of touring car...yes, even the club racer.

I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to help in development and I'll have my transmitter charged and ready to go when that time comes.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:34 AM   #1043
CAi
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuhoL
Pretty much all of the european top drivers were present. I qualified 6th and Christer Andersson took BQ missing the main by a tenth. I got the car working really good in the mains and was able to get 4th overall. I missed the podium by a bitter 2 tenths

Yes, the prototype feels just great!

Even tough Christer made BQ with only tenth from main in Germany... He drove second best invidual lap in finals with only 9 days of testing. That shows how good the car is. Of cource with more practising/feeling to the car the result would be a different.

In Rebellion race after qualification 4 th place in front of Teemu and in same second with Ahoniemi brothers gives a good idea what the future will bring to the Team.

Last edited by CAi; 10-25-2006 at 02:36 AM.
CAi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:32 AM   #1044
Tech Initiate

Yeah that what i wanna hear Guys :-)

so please give me the Car and let me win the German Nationals :-)

Bye,
Marcel
BlueSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:56 PM   #1045
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The belt car IS a "change" for AE. Myself being a long time AE nut, i have to comment and say that it isnt the advent of this belt car that is bringing me to this thread, but the direct involvement with the public on forums such as this. For so long it was left to the faster local racers to help with input for the AE cars... search the TC3 and the TC4 threads here for just a sample. Now it seems AE is actively supporting the public once more. To me, that is far more important that what kind of drivetrain is on my TC. I am glad to see some changes with AE have been for an apparent positive... with the addition of Thunder Tiger, many wondered... we hope that it can only get better.

DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:52 AM   #1046
Tech Elite

Dave W , I couldn't have said it better. Customer support on a forum is important to the marketplace these days. Good Luck AE !
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:38 AM   #1047
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Dave W , I couldn't have said it better. Customer support on a forum is important to the marketplace these days. Good Luck AE !
Glad to know it's appreciated guys...as more information becomes available we will pass it on.

This weekend a few of the carpet guys are getting their first taste with the car. I just spoke to Bob on the phone and he said that Eric Desrosiers was right on pace in 19-turn and Bob was only a few tenths back. Tim Heiser will also be running the car this weekend, however due to commitments at school he was only able to arrive this morning and missed the first round of practice.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #1048
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Brent, do you know where has Eric been racing (RCM?)? Thanks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:01 PM   #1049
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay70
Brent, do you know where has Eric been racing (RCM?)? Thanks.
I don't sorry. As of late he's been busy with his work so he hasn't been doing much.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:59 PM   #1050
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...322&fullsize=1
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote