Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #10261
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
There is a gentlman in England right now that is making some sweet looking bulkheads. My wife called me a little while ago and said a package had arrived, so I'm pretty sure thats it. I can't wait to get, but of course this is my late night to work. Anyway, I'm hoping to get started putting my Exotek Euro addition TC5 together soon. I'll post pics as I assemble also.
Yeah riding that stripper pole is a tough job on your late night.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #10262
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have bought parts from TIR for my TC5 and have had no problems, and I am looking to get some new parts for another car I have. My axles are over a year and a half old and have no wear and not broken anything. Actually the CVD's are awesome, they really give you a free drive train and no problems with them binding at full lock.
katfish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #10263
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by home13oy75 View Post
I was looking at the differences between Josh H and Juho's world setup. Josh uses 2b/2b in the front whereas Juho uses 3b/3b. I'm still new to RC so still learning. I assume the difference is that 3b/3b gives the front a higher RC compared to 2b/2b. That means the car will feel more responsive and decreases the chance of a traction roll? I'm just trying to understand when 3b/3b is better suited to using 2b/2b.

Thanks!
Hi!

3b for front and rear for me it is easy drive on tech asphalt track, when
I must change directions very quick.
When I look to trf416 best driver, at last race, I saw that he lift up arm blocks
in his tamiyas.

2b should be better on bigger track when corners are fast, but I used to drive on 3B for all

Regards!
m.
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:35 AM   #10264
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Yeah riding that stripper pole is a tough job on your late night.
The stripper pole doesn't bother me so much, but the high heels and the garters start to chafe after a while. The new bulkheads did arrive last night, and I must say they look awesome. Can't wait to start the build.

Last edited by MUDVAYNE; 07-17-2009 at 04:36 AM. Reason: forgot a word
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:39 AM   #10265
wyd
Tech Legend

Get those pics of your finished car.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #10266
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz View Post
Hi!

3b for front and rear for me it is easy drive on tech asphalt track, when
I must change directions very quick.
When I look to trf416 best driver, at last race, I saw that he lift up arm blocks
in his tamiyas.

2b should be better on bigger track when corners are fast, but I used to drive on 3B for all

Regards!
m.
Thank You!
home13oy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #10267
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MUDVAYNE;6078930]The stripper pole doesn't bother me so much, but the high heels and the garters start to chafe after a while. "

I do believe that we all here need a good laugh so would you post pics of that. LOL no wait please dont there are kids on this site that dont need to be traumatized for life!!!LOL
Remember this..... Heaven and Hell are really not places, just your state of mind.
JdogL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #10268
wyd
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=JdogL;6080057]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE View Post
The stripper pole doesn't bother me so much, but the high heels and the garters start to chafe after a while. "

I do believe that we all here need a good laugh so would you post pics of that. LOL no wait please dont there are kids on this site that dont need to be traumatized for life!!!LOL
Old 07-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #10269
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Thats nothin'. I got out of the shower the other day and looked in the mirror and tramatized myself.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #10270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

So I ordered the TOP spool that was mentioned previously. I'll take pics ASAP.
The stock aluminum TC5 Spool is between 6-7 grams and the TOP steel spool is 11-12 grams. The unit does not use blades but does center the pulley perfectly, whereas its trial and error on the AE spool. The outdrives are quite a bit longer, so I may machine it down to be almost as short as possible to save weight.

For those curious, it is part # PO-ADT002. Top also makes an aluminum center pulley assembly, but I did not order one. My stock one has been fine for over a year...
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:42 PM   #10271
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
The stock aluminum TC5 Spool is between 6-7 grams and the TOP steel spool is 11-12 grams. The unit does not use blades but does center the pulley perfectly, whereas its trial and error on the AE spool. The outdrives are quite a bit longer, so I may machine it down to be almost as short as possible to save weight.

For those curious, it is part # PO-ADT002. Top also makes an aluminum center pulley assembly, but I did not order one. My stock one has been fine for over a year...
You could if you had access to a mill make the outdrive slots larger for the blades to fit.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #10272
Tech Elite

Of course. However I do not know anyone with access to a mill, BUT it looks like the machined lightening holes may accommodate a blade if I can find someone to mill the spool as I like. Blades with a steel spool should not be needed though... When blades break, and have room to "snap" into the spool sides under braking and acceleration is what kills these things. (Tagging barriers does not help either ;-) Since the TOP spool is machined to the width of the driveshaft pin, there should be MUCH less wear. Pics hopefully tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #10273
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post

I've been toying with the idea to build a "spliff". It would be a very durable diff that could easily convert to a slipper spool with 1 part. I have a design in my head and open machine time, and to my knowledge this has not been tried (at least how I want to do it) Most of all they would last!
How much interest do you suppose there would be in this?? I know I have bukuu outdrives that are grooved from just the blades alone, no blade tossing involved.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #10274
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Anyone running a novak gtb with 17.5 brushless on the tc5r? According to the site fdr is 3.5 which I calculated 72/40 and wondering if anyone is following the recommended fdr or is it staying cool with something higher than 3.5fdr?
Old 07-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #10275
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I've been toying with the idea to build a "spliff". It would be a very durable diff that could easily convert to a slipper spool with 1 part. I have a design in my head and open machine time, and to my knowledge this has not been tried (at least how I want to do it) Most of all they would last!
How much interest do you suppose there would be in this?? I know I have bukuu outdrives that are grooved from just the blades alone, no blade tossing involved.
Verndog, I would very interested in trying it out. I sure love your PPD lipo weights...I don't understand the trend to have a "lipo" chassis without battery cutouts. Your solution has been best IMO. I would like the Exotech battery brace though IF the standoffs were normal length, but not the chassis.