Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 10-21-2006 at 11:57 AM. Reason: self deleted
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #1007
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

RCKnight, yeah, I've had a few XRays...nice cars. I was actually saying that I personally have never had problems with the AE diffs.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #1008
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
The xray t2r and the associated belt car are for to different types of racers. T2r aiming for the beginner racers and the AEbelt car for the serious racer. $170 will not be the price, but it would be awesome to the price of this car go for under 400 . No doubt this car will work, its just matter of time. They have run in alot at all the big onroad asphalt races, and winter carpet season is here, so with a full indoor season under the cars belt i am sure everything with get squared away and it will be ready for us to buy just in time for outdoor season or the start of next years indoor season.

I can wait

Off topic yes but as far as I've heard the T2R is keeping up with the fullblown T2s - might have a budget price but I can't see this as a typical "beginner" kit - especially placing it way down the ladder compared to a car that hasn't even hit the shelves.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:31 PM   #1009
Tech Elite

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 10-21-2006 at 11:56 AM. Reason: self deleted
Old 10-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #1010
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
I have a hard time not getting neg, but AE's just not getting it. They are not in touch with the consumers.
Maybe you should say "AE's not building the car the way I think they should" Did you ever stop to think that for everyone who shares your opinion on the car there is someone else who likes the direction the car is going?
In the end AE will release the car when they feel its ready and it meets the requirements they set down when they started the project. I think Rick and the other team drivers inputs are way more important (since they race the car) than any of the opinions we form from looking at a few pictures

The bottom line on a high end touring car is performance... period! Next is durability and ease of maintenance. If its fast on the track I don't care what it looks like
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:20 PM   #1011
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

I wonder if A/E would do well releasing a new version of their sedan every few months, maybe 10-11 months or so, update the car and add a letter or number to the name.

Also raise the price to $350-380 or so like some of the imports, that seems to work well for alot of racers.

I guess it is impossible to please everyone no matter how they do it.

Some have no idea what to expect, but still can't wait to be negative hoping to prove they made the right decision in the car they bought instead.

I'd guess they will be Ok, even without 100% support on the Intraweb.

>sigh<
....Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:38 AM   #1012
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to acyrier

<begin rant>
I think it's amazing how many people can totaly judge this car by the few non detailed, non close-up pics and even while the car is in it's development stage. Crazy.
I personally can't wait to see it LIVE. I currently have an FK05. I have NO desire to upgrade to a T2, or 007. I'm happy with the FK05 (w/bmi 3.0MM chassis and the works). But I think I'm going to at least wait till the car is released and see how it does before I develope my opinion. Facts, that's what I like to deal with. Not non-detailed, far away pictures, of cars that are in developement.

In touch with the club racer? What exactly does that mean? I'm not knocking what you said, but I guess I don't understand the statement. AE's got a pretty good line-up of cars. 12l4 wins, T4, B4, GT is an OLD design, but was still winning races when the GT2 came out. I do think they slipped a bit with the TC4. It was basically (IMO) a "patch" for what a lot of people were already doing to their TC3's. (moved batts in closer, ntc3 steering rack etc, getting aftermarket CF kits (such as BMI or Warpspeed). At the time the tc4 came out it (tc3) was like a 6yr old design. That car (tc3) was like 300ish for a FT and it lasted 6 frigg'n years and won a LOT of races. Way to go! That's getting your money's worth! What consumer could POSSIBLY complain about that. If the new car lasts HALF that long and costs 400, wins some races, Again..getting good bang for the buck. That would be saying a lot too, isn't there like twice the amount of comptition for TC's now? (I'm talking about car manufacturers) And, ultimately, isn't that what most consumers want. Bang for the buck? Quality that lasts? Who likes buying a new car (real CAR) for say $25g's and feeling like it's antiquated when the new models come out? I kinda felt that way when the T2 came out. However the few guys that are running them at our track, are not exacly blowing away the compitition with it. As a matter of fact, as I've gotten to be a better driver, I'm turning the same laptimes as the T2 people and I didn't have to spend another 385 to do it.

I think it's great that they are working on a new car from the ground up, and that's why (my speculation) it's taking so long. Xray can release a new car every 9 months cause they are building an a good foundation. I hope Associated DOES NOT take that route. Make a GOOD car, make it last. IF they (AE) finds upgrades that's cool.

Good luck w/your development..take the time, get it done right and I'm sure you your efforts will pay off.
</end rant>
www.fantomracing.com - www.discountrcstore.com
acyrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:58 AM   #1013
Tech Elite

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 10-21-2006 at 11:56 AM. Reason: self deleted
Old 10-21-2006, 01:16 AM   #1014
Tech Elite

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 10-21-2006 at 11:55 AM. Reason: self deleted
Old 10-21-2006, 06:50 AM   #1015
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Quote:
because they don't have vision or a feel for what people want. I don't think it's rocket science. Are you tring to play it safe? Don't cave into getting this thing out now.

I think you are so far off base on this its funny.

There are some things others know about the car, other than ae is just trying to break into the belt car side of onroad. One of the key guys in design is bob stellflu (sp). He use to be a regular club racer up in wisconsin who happened to be an engineer. Applied for and got a job at ae and is one of the keys in developing this car. He is an engineer and racer? Sound anything like the xray story ? oh yeah it does. Seems those hard core racer/engineers who design cars seem to have a great feel for what should be done. And thats not even mentioning the input the whole design team got from barry baker who has since gone to xray , but also rick hohwart, kraig dreshiers (sp) Juhou Levinin (sp) and the list goes on. All those guys are world class drivers, with there input the car will work.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:14 AM   #1016
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to acyrier

Hm... PM sent.
www.fantomracing.com - www.discountrcstore.com
acyrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:59 AM   #1017
Tech Elite

Why not just wait for the car and then judge. If you don't like it that point then that's fine. Give them a chance to do there work. When it's released then we can judge the car. AE will not disappoint. They know that they can't afford to disappoint everyone. They want to be #1 in everything they do. Just like every other racing company.

If you need someone in the north to test the car on carpet. Just PM me. I would love a opportunity to test it.

Also can't wait for the 1/8 Offroad Buggy and Truggy.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #1018
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
because they don't have vision or a feel for what people want. I don't think it's rocket science. Are you tring to play it safe? Don't cave into getting this thing out now.
Will you please just buy an XRay and STFU then? Thanks.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 AM   #1019
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My Rant:

It's amazing how "internet racers" step-up and offer their opinions on a car that has not even been released. Who says the prototypes that we have seen are even the real car? My understanding is that the car seen at the Reedy Race was different then the one seen at the IIC. At the end of the day, AE is launching a new car that is a step away from what has been successful for them - they need some time to develop it to make sure it is a competitive car out of the gate so that they can compete with the Corally's, XRay's, and Tamiya's of the world at BOTH the international and club levels. To say that they are not considering the club racer is a blanket statement with no backing since we don't even know what the final car is going to look like.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:16 AM   #1020
Tech Elite

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 10-21-2006 at 11:55 AM. Reason: self deleted