R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #10036
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

MikeR,

Is there a chance that you would sell the lipo weights and the brackets separate? I would love to install just those items on my ITF chassis.
zake540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #10037
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I like the new chassis setup. After I run my TC5 the next two weekends and see how it runs with the changes I have made and my lipo tray I have now to try out. If I don't need to spend 100 bucks I won't but at least I know a really nice setup is available as an option.
So whatcha think of the new Tc5? Im gearing up for the NATS at the Coliseum... all i have is the Tc3 and Tc4. Im lookin at the Mi4 also...
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #10038
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkman View Post
I thought I'd post a few pics and some comments about the new TC5 bulkheads from the UK discussed a few pages back. Received them last Thursday, took about a week to arrive, but can't complain about the $5 shipping charge.

I ran them last Sunday in three heats and a main and I am already very impressed. I estimate that moving the motor closer to center has shifted at least .5oz from the LH side to the center of the chassis. Driving, the car feels more balanced and responsive from side to side and very well centered on the straights. I'll be tweaking my set-up to further to hopefuly take advantage of the bulkhead's improved design.

As noted before, they are being sold on Ebay by greig-76, he' a great guy and answered all of my questions promptly. I paid $68 +$5 shipping. There were a few modifications made during installation, most of which were my personal preferences. PM me if you have any questions or need any specific details.

It would be great to see these in "blue", but I'll leave that up to the guys at AE.
Hey Valkman, I'm curious to know what you have to mod on the chassis. From what I'm looking at from your pics, it looks like the motormount on the new bulkhead isn't screwed to the chassis. I can see the holes in the chassis where the factory mount would go. Also, are the A and B holes drilled for the roll center? And finally, can you pm me the info for this guy on ebay. Thanks, I appreciate any help you can give me.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #10039
Suspended

Hi Valkman

I got your pm, in my infinite wisdom just never replied, my bad.

I honestly can't comment on what I changed setup wise as I never ran my car with the factory bulkheads, I just put Greigs bulkheads on straight away.

The not using the holes in the rear of the bulkhead just allow the car to flex that little bit more, which i've noticed makes a big difference at the start of a race if you don't use tire wamers.

Personally I use all screws to help minimize tweak in a big crash, as these cars are notorious for coming off track like a banana if you give them a knock!
Nick Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #10040
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Priest View Post
Hi Valkman

I got your pm, in my infinite wisdom just never replied, my bad.

I honestly can't comment on what I changed setup wise as I never ran my car with the factory bulkheads, I just put Greigs bulkheads on straight away.

The not using the holes in the rear of the bulkhead just allow the car to flex that little bit more, which i've noticed makes a big difference at the start of a race if you don't use tire wamers.

Personally I use all screws to help minimize tweak in a big crash, as these cars are notorious for coming off track like a banana if you give them a knock!
Thanks Nick - just wanted to make sure my PM made it "over the pond". I've got an extra ITF top deck, so I may lop off the rear portion and give two screws a try.

Thanks again - Say Hi to Greig for me !!!
Sorex SJ-R's by Speedworld Hobby
Paint by Splat Graphics

Last edited by Valkman; 06-30-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Valkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #10041
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
So whatcha think of the new Tc5? Im gearing up for the NATS at the Coliseum... all i have is the Tc3 and Tc4. Im lookin at the Mi4 also...
Hey Dave. Its taking me alittle time to get use the the TC5 as it does seem to steer more than most of the other cars I have had plus it is really taking me sometime to get use to the Jaco blues that will be handed out at the Nats. The Mi4 is a very nice looking car.

I like the TC5 because parts are super cheap.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:20 AM   #10042
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Valkman;6006860]I ran them last Sunday in three heats and a main and I am already very impressed. I estimate that moving the motor closer to center has shifted at least .5oz from the LH side to the center of the chassis. Driving, the car feels more balanced and responsive from side to side and very well centered on the straights. I'll be tweaking my set-up to further to hopefuly take advantage of the bulkhead's improved design.

Valkman,

One thing you need to do is to raise either the front or the rear bearing caps/shock tower. For this I used washers from an old brushed motor. You do not need to raise both ends just one or the other. This will stop the rear bearing caps/shock tower compressing and fouling the rear diff.

Apart from that the bulk heads are really good. Make the car much more predictable and consistent with the set up.
2009 and 2010 Scottish Junior Carpet Champion, Pro Stock
2009 Stonehaven Pro Stock Junior Champion
mike and Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:07 AM   #10043
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=mike and Alex;6008969]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkman View Post
I ran them last Sunday in three heats and a main and I am already very impressed. I estimate that moving the motor closer to center has shifted at least .5oz from the LH side to the center of the chassis. Driving, the car feels more balanced and responsive from side to side and very well centered on the straights. I'll be tweaking my set-up to further to hopefuly take advantage of the bulkhead's improved design.

Valkman,

One thing you need to do is to raise either the front or the rear bearing caps/shock tower. For this I used washers from an old brushed motor. You do not need to raise both ends just one or the other. This will stop the rear bearing caps/shock tower compressing and fouling the rear diff.

Apart from that the bulk heads are really good. Make the car much more predictable and consistent with the set up.
Hey M and A - thanks for the heads-up, sounds like the rear bearing caps may need a bit more vertical clearance compared to the std. bulkheads.

I'll double check mine this weekend.

Thanks again !!
Paint by Splat Graphics
Old 07-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #10044
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I ran my tc5f(yes foam car) with no balance issues car was dialed ran at jackson nj ran my fastest time in the main 25 lap run and still has some more adjustment in it i will be putting the itf on it now so should gain a few tenths and be ready for the east coast challenge(on asphalt with rubber tires)
if any one needs the set up i will post it
Old 07-01-2009, 07:23 AM   #10045
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
I ran my tc5f(yes foam car) with no balance issues car was dialed ran at jackson nj ran my fastest time in the main 25 lap run and still has some more adjustment in it i will be putting the itf on it now so should gain a few tenths and be ready for the east coast challenge(on asphalt with rubber tires)
i saw the warrens car this weekend at jackson and the car was def. dialed in, kinda scary he says he can find a few more tenths in it . . .
Old 07-01-2009, 07:31 AM   #10046
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Warren - Sounds great - post it, I also run rubber tires on asphalt and I'd really like to compare to what your running.

Thanks
Paint by Splat Graphics
Old 07-01-2009, 08:00 AM   #10047
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Care to post that Jackson setup? I think I'm going to try to run the upcoming race Jackson is having on I think the 19th. My plan is to try to run the Saturday night show and then the Sunday race. If funds work out I'm going to try my best to run that weekend with my TC5. My TC5 outdoors have been actually pretty good the 3 times I have ran it but I do struggle some indoors so far at Frederick. Have to get use to the extra traction, the handout Nats tire (Jaco Blues) and the 3 year touring layoff I have had. Plenty of rust!!!!!!!!!!!

Still getting familiar with the TC5R to since coming back to touring along with tryiong to learn all the new brushless stuff.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #10048
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to twelvegauge Send a message via MSN to twelvegauge
Default wanted used tc5

I am looking for a used tc5 to run VTA if you have one for sale let me know, I have the electronics some not so great so if they have the steering servo it's a plus.
twelvegauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #10049
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I will definetly post the setup tonight if you need help at jackson i will be there the whole weekend
warren
thanks chris
Old 07-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #10050
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Hey Dave. Its taking me alittle time to get use the the TC5 as it does seem to steer more than most of the other cars I have had plus it is really taking me sometime to get use to the Jaco blues that will be handed out at the Nats. The Mi4 is a very nice looking car.

I like the TC5 because parts are super cheap.
Jaco blues... crap. Ive never run those. What preglued tires are being used now... 24's? 28's? I wanna come run on the grip before hand so i can get an idea of what im up against.

I was hooked up with a KO VFS-1 and a Speed Passion motor. I have no idea how they work tho... hahaha

Are there spares on the wall for the Tc5 at the Coliseum? I have bags of parts for the 3 and 4... but from what i understand nothing interchanges with the 5.
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote