R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #991
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
That's a whole DIFFERENT discussion. Maybe on the next car if LiPos (or whatever optional battery setup) are more common we might just do that!
It is not even necessary. I have run the Peak 3200 LiPo with Peak BL and the car works great!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #992
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What I meant was let's get the car released before we start modifying the chassis to accept different battery configs....

...especially since, as you pointed out, it will already accept them.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #993
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

I'd like to see the motor more towards the center of the car. That way you can mount the speedo behind it like the XXXs. Just a thought.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #994
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
I'd like to see the motor more towards the center of the car. That way you can mount the speedo behind it like the XXXs. Just a thought.
Actually, when I ran a XXXS a few years ago, we always ran the speedo in front of the motor and the battery forward to get more steering.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #995
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Exactly to give more steering. More weight towards the front. I like the motor placement/design of the Kyosho, Scythe, and my old XXXs. Ae should copy these layouts.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #996
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
My biggest complaint was with the diffs, how offten they needed to be rebuilt for carpet and no exturnal diff adjustments.
wow... really? i built a carpet car a few months ago... ran it ~16 packs before the IIC... ran it through the entire IIC event... and since then run another 30 packs or so through the car and the diffs are still ridiculously smooth... I'm running the plastic composite diffs too...

the internet is a funny place...

all you naysayers that don't like the car can make comments all you want... but in the end when you get beaten on the track by the new AE car you'll probably change your tune... if you don't get beaten? well then congratulations, by all means stay with the dialed setup youve got! once you get to see one in your hand and see the little differences and nuances most will see that the car is its own design...
Old 10-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #997
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPhalen
Finally someone that makes sense.

When we did the TC3 and it's shaft drive configuration, everyone said it was a bad idea...like the Tenth Technology Predator. When it worked and started winning, everyone copied it, or made their versions of it. Shaft drive is proving NOT to be so superior and now that we are trying to get into the belt drive config, there are HOW MANY TC companies out there????? Let's see.

Tamiya
Hot Bodies/HPI
Losi
Corally
XRay
Kyosho
Yokomo
and more?!?!?!?

Don't these cars already sort of resemble one another (ok, except the Losi, but it does have 4 wheels, 2 belts, 2 diffs, dogbones, a motor plate, etc etc).

Point is, everyone already has a dialed in belt car. We don't. We NEED one...the problem is getting something on the market that WORKS, not just releasing something that looks different and sucks ass on the track. We're not a suck-ass-on-the-track company. So, yeah, it may resemble the top-notch cars but that's what works. And that will get us in the winners circle...well, HOPEFULLY that will get us in the winners circle!!!!

Now, for our NEXT TC we can do something different....something out of the ordinary and be ok....we'll have our 'winning' design already established.
AWSOME !!
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:21 PM   #998
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM03GT
all you naysayers that don't like the car can make comments all you want... but in the end when you get beaten on the track by the new AE car you'll probably change your tune... if you don't get beaten? well then congratulations, by all means stay with the dialed setup youve got! once you get to see one in your hand and see the little differences and nuances most will see that the car is its own design...
Sounds great...how long have you been driving the new AE belt car? What are your impressions of it?

As for the shocks...the AE standard shocks with the bladders and new caps are awesome. I would say very much on par with Tamiya and Losi shocks.

I also had no problems with the AE plastic diffs in both stock an 19t. Though I know many who did have problems.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:44 PM   #999
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital
Hmmm didnt this prototype come out before the '007? Maybe the '007 copied off this? LOL!
Very well put. I am an HPI/HotBodies<---recently crossed-over to the Cyclone and I think that AE car is the truth! People are getting annoyed with all the waiting, however. This is bringing forth frustration and as long as these other companies are in the limelight, it appears as if AE is copying off of "proven" designs". AE, how much more development? Time to feed the sharks!

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:57 PM   #1000
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For AE to succeed with this new car, I believe their trump card must be price. There are already at least three awesome cars that I don't think AE's first attempt at a modern belt will outperform. To gain market back from those cars, AE has to price their car below $400.

The above is my prediction, which is just a perception of the current state of the universe and the laws that govern the universe's progression.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:53 PM   #1001
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 10-21-2006 at 11:58 AM. Reason: self deleted
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #1002
Tech Elite

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 10-21-2006 at 11:59 AM. Reason: self deleted
Old 10-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #1003
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
Oh....boy. I would wait as long as it takes for you to get it right down to the last bolt. If you can't make it as good or improve it over a XrayR then what's the point in buying your product? Cost? Can you sell it for under $170?

Whatever, don't listen to me, but until AE can improve every aspect of the design, then I'll keep waiting and watching. Losi has figured it out. This is just one point, but they changed the way they mount their shocks. AE's not in touch with the club racer. Sales won't lie.

The xray t2r and the associated belt car are for to different types of racers. T2r aiming for the beginner racers and the AEbelt car for the serious racer. $170 will not be the price, but it would be awesome to the price of this car go for under 400 . No doubt this car will work, its just matter of time. They have run in alot at all the big onroad asphalt races, and winter carpet season is here, so with a full indoor season under the cars belt i am sure everything with get squared away and it will be ready for us to buy just in time for outdoor season or the start of next years indoor season.

I can wait
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #1004
Tech Elite

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by RCknight; 10-21-2006 at 11:57 AM. Reason: self deleted
Old 10-20-2006, 07:03 PM   #1005
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Sounds great...how long have you been driving the new AE belt car? What are your impressions of it?

As for the shocks...the AE standard shocks with the bladders and new caps are awesome. I would say very much on par with Tamiya and Losi shocks.

I also had no problems with the AE plastic diffs in both stock an 19t. Though I know many who did have problems.
where in my post did i mention that i've driven it? ... i haven't but i have seen it at 3 large events and i have gotten to handle one and see it up close. i'm in no way saying that the new car will be the greatest thing ever, some will like it and as always some probably won't. just seems like there's too many people bashing products these days before they're even released...