Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
If it's a pic of a team drivers car, it might be something that they could be testing. Or maybe they're white because someone is trying the yokomo diff pulleys. I'm pretty sure the front belt off the Yokomo car fits the TC5, why not the pulleys too? Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.
This seems to be done what I intend to do. I have Losi xxx-s and their diffs are much stronger. It seems that pulley and diff shims will work on TC5, so first we have stronger diff, second, there will be possibility of overdrive (optional losi 41t pulley in front).
Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bmcallister
What front and rear pully's are being used on the tc5 pictured in the link below? Thanks

http://edseb.smugmug.com/gallery/853...61902792_EbKje
Can someone explain where the rubber o-rings are on the top deck and what the balls are doing on the shock tower mounts???
Old 06-14-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
Have you noticed the ball joints as well on the diff caps...

Would be interesting to know what sort of difference these make
These ball joints on the diff caps were used by Christer Anderson at the lrp master or the DHI (can't remember) this year. These ball joint could be interresting on carpet ith high grip.

White spur : if i'm not wrong, the pulley at the world were white. So if i refer to Juho's setup, i'ts 38 tooth pulley (VS 40 tooth on the black).

Sebastien.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

The o-ring on the top plate help to get extra flex and therefore helps on low bite situation.

As far as the ball stud on the tower mount, its something we wanted to try on asphalt since it was the first big asphalt race of the season. We went back and forth testing and laptime were the same. the longer links makes the car roll more and makes the car easier to drive but can get too lazy.

As far as the pulley, they are 38 and 22 in the center, It just changes the internal ratio. only rick ran them while the rest of the team ran the std pulleys.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I finally managed to get my diff built up correctly with the spring, for the nut in the plastic t-piece I used a hammer and screw driver to slide the nut in.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Can anyone recommend a good setup sheet for med traction asphalt for the tc5r? Primarily running 17.5 for RCGT but may toss in the 13.5 for super stock occasionally. Thanks in advance.

Tony
Old 06-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Josh Hohnstein;5922933]This is the best I have found to date.

Josh,

Would this setup work well for 17.5?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi,

I'm running RCGT at a parking lot prepped track. Would Rick Hohwart's 2008 ROAR Paved On Road Nationals be the best starting point? I saw the 2008 world's setup but since that is more for a high grip asphalt would the other setup be better for me? Thanks!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bmcallister
What front and rear pully's are being used on the tc5 pictured in the link below? Thanks

Keven H mentioned the sizes already. The intent of this modification was to change the ratio for better gearing of higher turn motors like 17.5. We tried them on modified and while they did not seem to make a difference, they happened to be on the car when we were Worlds testing so they stayed. The other drivers have gone away from them but since the last time I raced TC was the Worlds, I still had them on my car.

Originally Posted by S_fender
Rick or anyone at AE who can answer,

Can we hope to see the motor modification available soon ?

Thanks.
Sebastien.
Good eye! I suppose I should ask evryone this question - Would you be willing to buy a bulkhead and enlarge the motor hole on the chassis yourselves? Otherwise a new chassis would be required which which would increase the cost of the modification significantly.

Originally Posted by Nick Priest
Have you noticed the ball joints as well on the diff caps...

Would be interesting to know what sort of difference these make
Originally Posted by trdsupra88
Can someone explain where the rubber o-rings are on the top deck and what the balls are doing on the shock tower mounts???
Christer Andersson has been using extra long ball links with great success by modifiying the diff bearing caps. The ball link replaces the lower shock tower mounting screws. You just need to add a locknut on the opposing side to hold the shock tower.

This setup seems to lock the car in and can make it feel ore comfortable. I ran mine both ways back to back to back and felt that the overall speed was the same but that that standard link felt more responsive so that is what I ended up with.

This is an easy modification to make with a Dremel. You just need to take a bearing cap and grind it so that it is flat so that it accepts the ball stud flange.

I used o-rings on the front of ther rear bulkhead and the rear of the front bulkhead.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by home13oy75
Hi,

I'm running RCGT at a parking lot prepped track. Would Rick Hohwart's 2008 ROAR Paved On Road Nationals be the best starting point? I saw the 2008 world's setup but since that is more for a high grip asphalt would the other setup be better for me? Thanks!
I have built a car for RCGT and I am going to start with the Juho'08 Worlds setup.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I have built a car for RCGT and I am going to start with the Juho'08 Worlds setup.
Is there a link for this setup, looked at the Associated website and did not see the setup sheet..............I am probably looking in the wrong spot

Tony
Old 06-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by under200
Is there a link for this setup, looked at the Associated website and did not see the setup sheet..............I am probably looking in the wrong spot

Tony
I think Rick is talking about the Juho Pre-worlds setup on the AE site....I could be wrong though...
Old 06-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by under200

Tony
Listed as Worlds testing...

Juyho Worlds TC5

You might have to adjust droop. I ran this same setup at the Reedy Race 09 except I went to droop 6F 5R and the shocks mounted on the inside hole on the rear arm.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Keven H mentioned the sizes already. The intent of this modification was to change the ratio for better gearing of higher turn motors like 17.5. We tried them on modified and while they did not seem to make a difference, they happened to be on the car when we were Worlds testing so they stayed. The other drivers have gone away from them but since the last time I raced TC was the Worlds, I still had them on my car.

Good eye! I suppose I should ask evryone this question - Would you be willing to buy a bulkhead and enlarge the motor hole on the chassis yourselves? Otherwise a new chassis would be required which which would increase the cost of the modification significantly.

Christer Andersson has been using extra long ball links with great success by modifiying the diff bearing caps. The ball link replaces the lower shock tower mounting screws. You just need to add a locknut on the opposing side to hold the shock tower.

This setup seems to lock the car in and can make it feel ore comfortable. I ran mine both ways back to back to back and felt that the overall speed was the same but that that standard link felt more responsive so that is what I ended up with.

This is an easy modification to make with a Dremel. You just need to take a bearing cap and grind it so that it is flat so that it accepts the ball stud flange.

I used o-rings on the front of ther rear bulkhead and the rear of the front bulkhead.
Hmmm the longer ball links might be what I'm looking for. I never really like a super fast reacting car so this modification might be just what I'm looking for. Looks like I have something new to try this weekend.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Where do you put the actual orings? I am using them under the rc8 washers udside down which makes like a little housing for them with the countersink on the topdeck...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.