R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #9691
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The TC5R was second and third at Reedy this year and also set one of the fastest laptimes. It is as capable as any other car.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #9692
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 147 (99%+)

Many thanks guys
Old 06-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #9693
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
The TC5R was second and third at Reedy this year and also set one of the fastest laptimes. It is as capable as any other car.
Wow second and third that's great! TC5R is the best!

This might sound like a dumb question but what servo horn are you guys using? I use a hitec and I break cheap servo savers left and right. What's a good and VERY stronge one?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #9694
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK05 lover View Post
Open question to anyone who'd like to answer...

How do you find the TC5R compares to other cars, eg Xray, 416 etc on asphalt
ive had ft tc5 for 2 years now great car love it cvds last 4ever and yet to replace a belt only complaint if it is one too much steering
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #9695
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I guess I made the right decision in picking up a tc5r. Hopefully I can get it up and running in a few weeks.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #9696
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso1967 View Post
I guess I made the right decision in picking up a tc5r. Hopefully I can get it up and running in a few weeks.
You just have to work with the car and find the setup that feels good to you. Nowadays we have plenty of good touring cars to choose from and the TC5 is as capable as any of them.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #9697
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1

Quote:
You just have to work with the car and find the setup that feels good to you. Nowadays we have plenty of good touring cars to choose from and the TC5 is as capable as any of them.
Agree 100%
I didn't like my TC5 the first few weeks...but been working on it..
and pretty darn good...
just little bit more work and she will be there.

just have fun...
and when in doubt just hack 'em.
CAUSE and EFFECT
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #9698
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1 View Post
Agree 100%
I didn't like my TC5 the first few weeks...but been working on it..
and pretty darn good...
just little bit more work and she will be there.

just have fun...
and when in doubt just hack 'em.
+1
.... in the start the i had trouble keeping pace with the TC5R. i started doubting the car's capabilities but really it was my fault coz i was lazy to try different things. coming off from from my xray 008, which i was able to get hooked up really good, i was expecting that when i switched to the the tc5 it would instantly be close to my xray. of course that didn't happen since they are two different cars so i started blaming the car. but slowly, when i started really working on it and trying different things .... it has become really good now. just a bit more stuff to try out to get it really hooked up but i have no doubt in my mind it will get there. i would say it's about 95% on its way to where i want it to be.

.... that said, all cars are like that. looking back, i realized that it usually takes me about a month or two of a lot of testing on weekends to learn the car and to get the car where i want it. i guess i just dint have the time to do that when i first got the tc5 and found it easier to blame the car rather than myself.

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #9699
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

This might sound like a dumb question but what servo horn are you guys using? I use a hitec and I break cheap servo savers left and right. What's a good and VERY stronge one?
Honestly, im just using the stock associated one (futaba 9550 servo). The car has an integrated servo saver so there is no need for a second one as a servo horn.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #9700
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
Honestly, im just using the stock associated one (futaba 9550 servo). The car has an integrated servo saver so there is no need for a second one as a servo horn.
those are really cheapy but work. they break too much, for offroad i gotta piece of carbon fiber mounted on the face of the servo arm which keeps it in once piece.
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #9701
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisfrom619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

I use dynamite aluminum and it works pretty good just make sure you get the short servo horn otherwise it will hit the top plate.
#1 Sponsor: Wifey
Hpi baja, traxxas e-maxx,slash, AE TC5R, RC18R,SC10, Thunder Tiger EB4 S2, and Futaba 4pk

DHW Raceway San Diego CA.
Novice Class
chrisfrom619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #9702
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBORAT View Post
+1
.... in the start the i had trouble keeping pace with the TC5R. i started doubting the car's capabilities but really it was my fault coz i was lazy to try different things. coming off from from my xray 008, which i was able to get hooked up really good, i was expecting that when i switched to the the tc5 it would instantly be close to my xray. of course that didn't happen since they are two different cars so i started blaming the car. but slowly, when i started really working on it and trying different things .... it has become really good now. just a bit more stuff to try out to get it really hooked up but i have no doubt in my mind it will get there. i would say it's about 95% on its way to where i want it to be.

.... that said, all cars are like that. looking back, i realized that it usually takes me about a month or two of a lot of testing on weekends to learn the car and to get the car where i want it. i guess i just dint have the time to do that when i first got the tc5 and found it easier to blame the car rather than myself.
I think you hit it right on this. When people switch cars they think they should be dialed in a run or two. Hey sometimes you get lucky and that happens but these cars have so many things you can adjust nowadays it can take weeks and months to try many of the things they have to offer.

I know I use to get new cars every few months and never put in the time like I should have. Over the last few years though I stay with the car I choose and work with it. End result is with any car I have done this with they just get better and I find out what the car likes for a setup. Every car is a little different.

I had a TC5 before and only messed with it for a weekend since I had another touring car and well the car sucked!!!!!!!! Well this one I bought when I decided to come back to touring cars and knew going in I didn't have alot of extra cash so this would be the car I will be sticking with for a good amount of time. That being said over the 3 weeks I have ran the car it has been fun and I'm growing with the car. Been fun so far and I do really appreciate how cheap TC5 parts are.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:37 AM   #9703
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
......... and I do really appreciate how cheap TC5 parts are.
+1.
MUDVAYNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #9704
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Setting Droop using AE Droop Gauge

What is the correct way to use the AE droop gauge, I have read many opposing opinions on this matter. I have been told that if you want a 2mm droop and have a 5mm ride height then you use the guage as described to a 7mm setting, you just add ride height plus droop setting. Is this correct because from what I have read droop setting is very critical to get a TC5R setup correctly.
Cubic$Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #9705
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubic$Racing View Post
What is the correct way to use the AE droop gauge, I have read many opposing opinions on this matter. I have been told that if you want a 2mm droop and have a 5mm ride height then you use the guage as described to a 7mm setting, you just add ride height plus droop setting. Is this correct because from what I have read droop setting is very critical to get a TC5R setup correctly.

Hi!

In my setup: http://www.rc-setups.com/setups/198/edit
I have F drop about 2mm and rear 2.5mm

Hope this helps!

m.
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote