R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #946
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm sure they'll still support the TC4 but I doubt they'll continue to develop it.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #947
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I'm sure they'll still support the TC4 but I doubt they'll continue to develop it.
As of right now, this is the plan.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #948
Tech Elite

Bump , Any news ?
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #949
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mush104

hey ae can you guys post some more setups for carpet for the ft tc4 and the L4 on the website or on here.
mush104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:31 AM   #950
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When is this car going to be released? I am in the market for a new car and would love to come back to Associated, but it looks like this car is going to be outdated before it's released.

Does anyone know if it will ever be released and will it be, low, stable and easy to work on like the new XRAY and Kyosho's are?

Hurry up AE, it's almost XMAS
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:00 AM   #951
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

If I remember. I think someone on here said it won't be out till next year.
I'd prolly just get one of the better cars out there already. Pretty much look the same.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #952
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

I believe Kurt or Brent from A/E posted that the new A/E sedan would likely arrive next spring(may, june, etc). That may change, but I know from experience it rarely changes to sooner, LOL.
Most likely it is not as easy to do for real, actually desinging, manufacturing and selling a car, as it is for us in Fantasy land, aka, the Intraweb!

There are a TON of good cars out there, some more origional then others, but still alot of good competitive cars. By the time the new A/E sedan is out it will be time for a fresh kit anyway, !

...Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:56 AM   #953
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacabrandy
When is this car going to be released? I am in the market for a new car and would love to come back to Associated, but it looks like this car is going to be outdated before it's released.

Does anyone know if it will ever be released and will it be, low, stable and easy to work on like the new XRAY and Kyosho's are?

Hurry up AE, it's almost XMAS
The car is as easy to work on as any other TC out there now. The diffs are extremely reliable and the belts are bulletproof (compared to my previous cars).

As with any reputable company, AE will make sure that every aspect of production is perfect before the car is released. While it may be difficult to wait, it will definitely be worth it.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:08 AM   #954
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cheers for you reply guy's.

I guess my only question is..

Would it be worthwhile purchasing the TC4 and running with it for the next 6 odd months until the belt is released.

The reason I ask is I race stock at this point, but in the future I may decide to compete in Mod as well. So what I would like to have ideally is two cars from the same manufacturer (preferably AE) where I can transfer parts between the 2 if need be, will the belt be compatible with the TC4 for the most part?

Unfortunately in Australia this hobby/sport is well, a bloody rip off, so this is the reason you see a lot of us buying from o/s. I dont want to start the whole single distributor = market control = stupid profit margins for the distributor = LHS have to sell for stupid price to survive thing but that is how it is, so when we look to buy a new chassis it has to be super competitive for at least a year. (That is for those like myself that are on a budget.)

So would I be wasting my money and buying a less competitve car going with the TC4 $199 AE site special or would it be competitive with the new cars 007 Xray and Stallion etc etc.

i just finished 9th in QLD state titles with a second hand FK05 with one broken shock and the other 3 missing foam inserts (I was only made aware of this a week after the event) so I dont want to purchase a car that will send me backwards or hold my progress up compared to the other cars available.

Cheers
zacabrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:27 AM   #955
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to acyrier

I would stick to your fk05 for (2) reasons...

1. you already have it...the fk05 is a rock solid car (at least in my expierence)

2. the new AE tc5? is a completly different platform and I doubt very many pieces of the TC4 are going to work on the new car. from the pictures I've seen (and only pictures I've seen) the car goes together completely diffeerent then the tc3/4.

I have a fk05 as well. My problem is parts availability and cost, but luckly, as I said up top, it's a rock solid car and I havn't broken much on it. Just a couple of c-hubs.

I'm waiting for the "tc5" to become available for 2 reasons, parts availability and cost. I'm hopeing it costs less then x-ray products, and the parts support by associated is usually pretty good. I didn't get a TC4 when they came out becuase there wasn't much of a change from the TC3. I purchased a BMI TC3 chassis kit and milked it for all it was worth.

Anyway, I'm rambeling, stick with what ya got, be patient for the "tc5" or whatever they decide to call it. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. As far as some of these people saying it'll be "outdated" by the time it comes out...well, I doubt it. It's not like they built the car and are not improving it as they learn and develope it.

Happy racing.
www.fantomracing.com - www.discountrcstore.com
acyrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:52 AM   #956
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dane Send a message via Skype™ to Dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by acyrier
I would stick to your fk05 for (2) reasons...

1. you already have it...the fk05 is a rock solid car (at least in my expierence)

2. the new AE tc5? is a completly different platform and I doubt very many pieces of the TC4 are going to work on the new car. from the pictures I've seen (and only pictures I've seen) the car goes together completely diffeerent then the tc3/4.

I have a fk05 as well. My problem is parts availability and cost, but luckly, as I said up top, it's a rock solid car and I havn't broken much on it. Just a couple of c-hubs.

I'm waiting for the "tc5" to become available for 2 reasons, parts availability and cost. I'm hopeing it costs less then x-ray products, and the parts support by associated is usually pretty good. I didn't get a TC4 when they came out becuase there wasn't much of a change from the TC3. I purchased a BMI TC3 chassis kit and milked it for all it was worth.

Anyway, I'm rambeling, stick with what ya got, be patient for the "tc5" or whatever they decide to call it. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. As far as some of these people saying it'll be "outdated" by the time it comes out...well, I doubt it. It's not like they built the car and are not improving it as they learn and develope it.

Happy racing.
Agreed - you may have to end up selling the TC4 because you would end up having two very different cars with very different parts and not get much for the TC4 when you convert.

www.toycarracingblog.com
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #957
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane
Agreed - you may have to end up selling the TC4 because you would end up having two very different cars with very different parts and not get much for the TC4 when you convert.
yep
Old 10-11-2006, 08:11 AM   #958
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nice run at socal last night Rick... the car looked very good and being this is my 4th time seeing the prototype racing in person i was amazed at how quiet the transmission was and how little tire chirp your car had...
Old 10-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #959
Tech Elite

Thanks!

The car is working very well. I was testing the Orion brushless and was not comfortable with the settings I was using but managed to win somehow. The car of course was very good and continues to get better every time out.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #960
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

"Total Domination"

See ya out there next Tuesday Rick-dawg!