Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 04-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Make sure you were able to seat the black plastic piece all of the way down into the shock body. When you insert the shock shaft make sure that you do not tear the o-ring. With only one o-ring in there now any tear will cause it to leak.
Also make sure the retainer is somewhat difficult to get started in the body during assembly. Their were some out of spec units that couldn't keep the oring/washer in place.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hide
Been running this chassis for a while now.

Most recently i raced at a new club, I had never been there. Arrived late, had to put motor in etc after skimming it and rushed to make the 2nd qualifier. Despite a lack of grip (everyone was running additive and softer tyres) I still came second out of five on a new track against the regulars.

The car just maintains feeling dialed in and its very easy to set up Strong too! I got hit and the car flew about 6 feet up, landed on its roof, rolled over and kept going. Probably tweaked the chassis, but it was not handling any different after so I may have been lucky.
Amen
Old 04-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Also make sure the retainer is somewhat difficult to get started in the body during assembly. Their were some out of spec units that couldn't keep the oring/washer in place.
alright i got the new shock rebuild the version 2 and almost thought they were wrong cuz i almost couldnt get the retainer in the shock body.....thanks for the help
Old 04-16-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tc5

Originally Posted by Team STPN
This TC5 is starting frutrate me a lot and maybe someone out there can help me out. How can this car have a decent run during practice and the first qualifier and then turns crappy in the second, third, and final round? Now for the second, third, and the final round I just change the tires due to the track temp getting hotter. The cars starts hooking around and this is where all the settings are checked such as Tweek, camber, Diff, etc. prior to the run. I see other TCs not making any changes, except for tires, and just checking there settings and are fine for the whole day. So what gives with this car???
I have had the same problem on 2 of my TC5's so its not the car its the setup.
Does it hook and loose traction just before you enter the corner or halfway through the corner?

Try - simply run the rear diff a little loose than you would normally prefer see what that does?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (98%+)

Originally Posted by yeahyeah
Does it hook and loose traction just before you enter the corner or halfway through the corner?

Try - simply run the rear diff a little loose than you would normally prefer see what that does?
I was having issues with the rear losing traction and tried numerous changes. Loosening the rear diff to about 1/2, instead of the kit suggested 1/8, made a huge difference and increased traction considerably for me. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yeahyeah

i run my rear diff as loose as i can get it and not slipping just to that threshold and u should b really hooked up
Old 04-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well guys team associated has redeamed themselves i just got my itf chassis back and it is countersunk and drilled perfect now thats customer service
Old 04-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
well guys team associated has redeamed themselves i just got my itf chassis back and it is countersunk and drilled perfect now thats customer service
As it should be.. That's good to know.. Way to go associated!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Hi all..

I have an issue and am hoping someone can help.

I run 10.5/ashphalt/rubber

The inner front wheel of my TC5 suffers real bad from chatter/judder in on power turns.

I have carefully rebuilt, lubed and replaced the pins in my cv joints but the problem persists.

Any ideas?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

what akerman position are you running i had this problem when i was running 1a i am now running 2 b and it is fine
Old 04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by John_S
what akerman position are you running i had this problem when i was running 1a i am now running 2 b and it is fine
me too.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

1A has less ackerman than the 2b setting. The car should have some more angle on the inside tire with 2b, so that may be the way to go...
Old 04-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a tc5r with about 5 races on it and a couple of practice days. I went to go set my ride height and noticed that the right side shock springs are compressed way more than the left side. I took the car down to the chassis and it seems to be flat. Any Ideas?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Unequal shock lengths? Different shock angle holes?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had the same thing, I found I had my endpoints adjusted too far.
backed them off a click and it went away.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.