Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Brent,
With all sincerity, thank you for the information. Knowing Mid '07 I won't be waiting around all winter for a car that won't be out till next season. I'll continue to look forward to this car as I've always been a strong AE supporter.

Thanks!
Blake
Old 09-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

I can't believe that some of you all judge a chassis purely by how it looks....

From the pictures I've seen there is one thing I wish they'd change... I hate having the front kingpins also being the top ballstud.... That was something on my TC3 I didn't like and a reason I didn't buy the TC4...
Old 09-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I know I will get flamed for this. But that car does not look near as cool as any of the cars out now. Or that is going to be coming out. I will say that the top deck is way to high. They need to look at the xray and lower it!
I'm not gonna flame you out, but I will put you on blast...You must be out of your mind! That car looks like it is gonna flat out destroy the competition. While it isnt 415 pancake flat, the width will most certainly balance out the "high" center of gravity. High as you put it. Proper shock mounting can offset cars with a slightly higher than normal ride height and I am positive it will make a massive dent in the electric scene. I guess you think the new Losi is the BOMB lmao! I know I will get flamed for that. Sorry TL fans, but that car is hideous.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
I'm not gonna flame you out, but I will put you on blast...You must be out of your mind! That car looks like it is gonna flat out destroy the competition. While it isnt 415 pancake flat, the width will most certainly balance out the "high" center of gravity. High as you put it. Proper shock mounting can offset cars with a slightly higher than normal ride height and I am positive it will make a massive dent in the electric scene. I guess you think the new Losi is the BOMB lmao! I know I will get flamed for that. Sorry TL fans, but that car is hideous.
We all have opinions on our toy cars. But the pic of the proto-type looks old. I just do not like it. The top deck looks to tall.

I do think thought the new Losi will be a really good carpet foam car. I do not think a car can be made for both rubber tire and foam. The T2 is great of rubber tires. But with foam the chassis has to much flex. The 0007 does look like a sweet car.

You are right it will make a massive dent in the market when it first comes out. But AE better hope it is not like the TC4.

But since the car isn't due out until mid 07. No sense in talking about it any more for me. I am movig on to an RDX myself. Probably the best foam TC right now. The 007 will have to prove itself on carpet.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

A low top deck is not representative of how a car is going to handle but it can become a problem with the newer NiMh's and LiPo's.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jarkkom
Are you trying to say that the FK05 was not meant to be succesful or a good car and was there to only get the money out of the customers?
I don't know where you got that from the post I made, but the answer is both yes and no. X-Ray used existing parts to update their design to something they thought was superior. Did they succeed? Only the customers can judge that. Did they "get more money"? Most definitely...they re-tooled mimimal parts and sold a new kit. Is that wrong? Not if they gave the customer what they wanted.

What do you think the answer is?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 51
I don't know where you got that from the post I made, but the answer is both yes and no. X-Ray used existing parts to update their design to something they thought was superior. Did they succeed? Only the customers can judge that. Did they "get more money"? Most definitely...they re-tooled mimimal parts and sold a new kit. Is that wrong? Not if they gave the customer what they wanted.

Nicely worded.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 51

Unbelieveable, wasn't that more of a case with the FT version of the TC4 Team version? Compare that to FK04 and FK05.

So why the hate if you so badly want to copy it (FK05)?

and the answer is; the bitternes shines through.

Good luck with the TC5 and let's hope we see it at shops by christmas.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
We all have opinions on our toy cars. But the pic of the proto-type looks old. I just do not like it. The top deck looks to tall.

I do think thought the new Losi will be a really good carpet foam car. I do not think a car can be made for both rubber tire and foam. The T2 is great of rubber tires. But with foam the chassis has to much flex. The 0007 does look like a sweet car.

You are right it will make a massive dent in the market when it first comes out. But AE better hope it is not like the TC4.

But since the car isn't due out until mid 07. No sense in talking about it any more for me. I am movig on to an RDX myself. Probably the best foam TC right now. The 007 will have to prove itself on carpet.
I have been told that the 007 was made to make the T2 better on Asphalt. The separate rear bulkhead parts let the car flex more in the rear with 1.8mm and 2.4mm team chassis. The team drivers have been doing this all year by cutting the rear bulk heads apart with dremel tools. The T2 is fine on carpet/foam with a 3mm chassis and top deck.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 51

This is one of the reasons I've stuck with Corally. Evolution of a car will undoubtedly continue after it's released. They've done a good job of releasing (or replacing) updated parts all along the way, rather than saving them up to offer in a factory kit, or whatever. The new kit appears to be heavily based on the updated parts that have been released the past two years, and not something new entirely.

If a car has to change SO drastically every 10 months, what does that tell you about the R&D that went into its predecessor? Are they so flawed that the entire concept has to be tossed aside for something new? Or maybe keeping things from looking "old" by making superficial visual changes is what it takes to sell kits to people that do most of their racing on the bench, possibly their biggest market.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
This is one of the reasons I've stuck with Corally. Evolution of a car will undoubtedly continue after it's released. They've done a good job of releasing (or replacing) updated parts all along the way, rather than saving them up to offer in a factory kit, or whatever. The new kit appears to be heavily based on the updated parts that have been released the past two years, and not something new entirely.

If a car has to change SO drastically every 10 months, what does that tell you about the R&D that went into its predecessor? Are they so flawed that the entire concept has to be tossed aside for something new? Or maybe keeping things from looking "old" by making superficial visual changes is what it takes to sell kits to people that do most of their racing on the bench, possibly their biggest market.
You know, I have been sqawking for a hot minute that HPI has been crapping on us HPI folks, but you guys are hitting it on the head. Just because XRay is popping off the kits like hotcakes, I never thought of something possibly being flawed. In essence, if they took their time and released a car with slight mods to follow after it's release, then the consumer/user wouldnt have to go out and but the "latest" edition. I guess I can apply this philosphy to HPI. They are just waiting for the car wars to subside before they hit us with an uppercut and drop the BOMB ASS CAR! Yay yay!
Old 09-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Initiate

I have seen the JRXS brought up a few times . While all cars real or R/C involve compromises TL went too far with one philosophy (make it narrow) and really ignored another very critical factor (polar moment of inertia). In an ideal world all the weight in a car would be in a lump at the center of the car extending away from the center as little as possible.

If you look at an overhead shot of most current sedans thats that you see. They are as narrow as you can get them, and very little heavy stuff is in front of or behind the battery pack. This means the weight is centered along the chassis and across the chassis as much as possible.

On the JRXS and JRXSR the weight is centered across the chassis but REALLY spread out front to back. This increases its polar moment of intertia. What does this mean? Well...when you get it going it wants to keep going straight and it will fight turning into a corner. Once you get it to turn it wont stop turning.

Think of it like this. Most sedan are like a 3lb block of steel. If you hold it out in front of you and rotate you hand you can turn it back and forth fast.

The JRXS is like a 3lb steel rod that is 6 feet long(I am exagerating a bit for clarity). If you grab it in the middle and try to rotate it it will resist your attemts. Once you get it rotating it has inertia than you have to overcome to stop it from rotating.

Kudos to TL for getting it to go as fast as they have but in the end it will always be handicapped by its design flaw.

If AE has the nerve to scrap shaft drive, TL better have the nerve to get a clean sheet of paper and start over.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Carbuncle, for the TL fans that may breeze through here, look for the rifting and the flames. I went in the TL thread and said how the car was based on a nice concept but failed design (the Pro3.5). They jumped down my throat to the point I was fighting more fronts than the USA against Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah and the Taliban. While I didnt get as intricate, I clearly stated that the design did not work for HPI and that Losi better have some SERIOUS work done to combat the flaws that the Pro3 had. So again, look for the flames.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Carbuncle, for the TL fans that may breeze through here, look for the rifting and the flames. I went in the TL thread and said how the car was based on a nice concept but failed design (the Pro3.5). They jumped down my throat to the point I was fighting more fronts than the USA against Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah and the Taliban. While I didnt get as intricate, I clearly stated that the design did not work for HPI and that Losi better have some SERIOUS work done to combat the flaws that the Pro3 had. So again, look for the flames.

bxpitbull the new losi car is the tq after 1 round in 19t
Old 09-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallstreet
bxpitbull the new losi car is the tq after 1 round in 19t
Wallstreet, I am not the only one that critiqued it. That being said, I amnot saying it will not be fast. If you notice, I clearly state "that Losi better have some SERIOUS work done to combat the flaws that the Pro3 had.". If it TQ'ed, I am happy for them. I like TL products, just not feeling that car. Personal opinion rates zip if the car performs. But, along the lines of what carbuncle said without being so intricate, a narrow design without proper weight distribution constitutes to massive amounts of frontward motion. Certainly Todd Hodge and the TL drivers compensated for this in their set-ups. We will see. That being said, I still think it's a hideous car.

Last edited by bxpitbull; 09-22-2006 at 01:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.