R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #8941
Tech Regular
 
chrisfrom619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego California
Posts: 294
Send a message via Yahoo to chrisfrom619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsterblade View Post
Are you getting any specific flashing on the GTB after it stops? I had a similar problem but had 8 or 10 flashes after it stopped. I had to have it replaced.
Yes the red light is flashing I just turned it off. Which one did you replaced the GTB or the Motor.
__________________
#1 Sponsor: Wifey
Hpi baja, traxxas e-maxx,slash, AE TC5R, RC18R,SC10, Thunder Tiger EB4 S2, and Futaba 4pk

DHW Raceway San Diego CA.
Novice Class
chrisfrom619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #8942
Tech Addict
 
speedsterblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfrom619 View Post
Yes the red light is flashing I just turned it off. Which one did you replaced the GTB or the Motor.
it was the GTB I had to replace....
__________________
______________________________
#47 MoneyShot Racing
www.nashrcracer.com
http://thunder.rc50.com/
SMC - Customer Service 2nd to None! (thanks Dan!!)
speedsterblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #8943
Tech Regular
 
Team STPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Roseville, Cal
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
Sorry but I just about never use a scale.
But when I do check the car it goes in this order:
set ride height at all 4 corners
check camber
set droop
check tweek

The scales are probably a good idea for the first time set up for weight placement. But i've just gotten used to doing it with out them.
Hey Josh,
Quick question for the .5 & 1 mil axle spacers. Where do you them??
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:09 AM   #8944
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STPN View Post
Hey Josh,
Quick question for the .5 & 1 mil axle spacers. Where do you them??
The ones I use are sold by tamiya but im sure alot of companies sell them. I'll see if I can find some part numbers.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #8945
Tech Regular
 
berserk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arabian Gulf
Posts: 322
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

is anyone using front body post from other brands? the front post included in the kit seems short. thanks.
berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #8946
Tech Master
 
balistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Littlerock Ca.
Posts: 1,852
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
Sorry but I just about never use a scale.
But when I do check the car it goes in this order:
set ride height at all 4 corners
check camber
set droop
check tweek

The scales are probably a good idea for the first time set up for weight placement. But i've just gotten used to doing it with out them.
I was looking at this and wondering why not do the fixed adjustments first?

Droop
Camber
Ride height
tweek

I was also wondering if stiction is measured as a component of ride height?

Another way of asking that is do you measure ride height from where the car settles onto the springs or where it rebounds to
?
balistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #8947
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by balistic View Post
I was looking at this and wondering why not do the fixed adjustments first?

Droop
Camber
Ride height
tweek

I was also wondering if stiction is measured as a component of ride height?

Another way of asking that is do you measure ride height from where the car settles onto the springs or where it rebounds to
?
If you try to set your camber while your ride height is off you will have some pretty messed up camber settings when the ride height is set correctly.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #8948
Tech Master
 
balistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Littlerock Ca.
Posts: 1,852
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
If you try to set your camber while your ride height is off you will have some pretty messed up camber settings when the ride height is set correctly.
Ok then, so the ride height sets the position of the wheels (1) then the camber (2) The droop only changes the drop out of the suspention. I get that, I was thinking droop effected the position of the wheels, but the suspension is in sag.

What about the stiction question? Is ride height measured from the car rebounding of bottoming?
balistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #8949
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,438
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserk View Post
is anyone using front body post from other brands? the front post included in the kit seems short. thanks.
They really are not that short unless you are using a body other than a sedan.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #8950
Tech Regular
 
Team STPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Roseville, Cal
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
The ones I use are sold by tamiya but im sure alot of companies sell them. I'll see if I can find some part numbers.
I would appreciate that..thanks..
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #8951
Tech Elite
 
Jerry P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
They really are not that short unless you are using a body other than a sedan.

They do seem kind of short when running a Mazda Speed 6. Roof height is set to pass roar tech inspection. I am running the top most hole on the body post. On my foam car with a Mohawk 2 the front post's have plenty of space.
__________________
Jerry P
Awesomatixusa - Side Piece Racing - LRP - Sweep Racing Tires - Mike L Designs - TQ Wires - Crispy Critters Raceway

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #8952
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,952
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STPN View Post
I would appreciate that..thanks..
53646 is the part number you might be looking for from Tamiya LXFSD2 is the tower part number. These may be on my car on the 14th if we dont get rained out.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #8953
Tech Elite
 
theDover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ROAR Region 8 Kansas
Posts: 2,994
Default

Gearing help please.
Running a 5.5 BL on an outdoor asphalt track 120' x 60'.
Any suggestions with pinion/spur to start with would be appreciated.
__________________
TEAM ULTRALINE / RickyRacerLidz
www.ultralinehobbies.com
Ultraline Hobbies RC Raceway @ fb
theDover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #8954
Tech Regular
 
Team STPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Roseville, Cal
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
53646 is the part number you might be looking for from Tamiya LXFSD2 is the tower part number. These may be on my car on the 14th if we dont get rained out.
Can you get me .5 and 1 m spacers?? I promise i will not use your name in vain
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #8955
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,952
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STPN View Post
Can you get me .5 and 1 m spacers?? I promise i will not use your name in vain
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 07:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 01:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 07:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 08:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 12:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:49 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net