R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #8836
Tech Regular
 
minittrackmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 358
Default

Whats a good setup for the FT TC5 without the ITF chassis on rubber tires medium to high grip asphalt. Running Lipo and 13.5.

Cody
minittrackmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #8837
Tech Master
 
mr crum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tampa florida 813
Posts: 1,591
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minittrackmann View Post
Whats a good setup for the FT TC5 without the ITF chassis on rubber tires medium to high grip asphalt. Running Lipo and 13.5.

Cody
go to teamassociated.com there are several to choose from
__________________
SPEED PASSION TEAM DRIVER
ADAB RACING FACTORY PILOT
WWW.ADRENALINERACEWAY.COM
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #8838
Tech Regular
 
Team STPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Roseville, Cal
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
I've tried jaco blue's, sorex 28's and xenon tires and have not changed anything.
Thanks..
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #8839
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
Here is a new setup for you guys to try if you want.
I feel that this is the best I have had my car.
Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting the setup, I will give it a try. How does it compare to your previous setup, with the higher roll centers?

Best,
Peter
petk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:26 AM   #8840
Tech Regular
 
minittrackmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 358
Default

I went onto Team Associated but when I clicked the setup link nothing came up. It used to work for me but it doesn't seem to anymore!?

Whats wrong. Is it my computer or the website.?

Cody
minittrackmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:40 AM   #8841
Tech Master
 
mr crum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: tampa florida 813
Posts: 1,591
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minittrackmann View Post
I went onto Team Associated but when I clicked the setup link nothing came up. It used to work for me but it doesn't seem to anymore!?

Whats wrong. Is it my computer or the website.?

Cody
u have to have adobe reader to download the setup sheet
__________________
SPEED PASSION TEAM DRIVER
ADAB RACING FACTORY PILOT
WWW.ADRENALINERACEWAY.COM
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #8842
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5
Default

I need some advice! I recently purchased a tc5f, and I'm in the process of putting it together. I will be running a mm/cc 5700kv with a 2cell 30c 6500 lipo. I do not plan to race indoor on carpet, mainly outdoor street/parking lot usage.

what is the "best" spur/pinion combo? any suggestions for some wheels and tires? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions for various upgrades outside of the stock parts? any other tips for a new tc5 owner?

I've owned a dozen other rc cars, but feel like the tc5 is a bit over my head, haha. I appreciate the help!
Burnin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:56 PM   #8843
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 63
Default

I noticed that the inside of my front wheels are rubbing on the shock ball end when the wheels are turned. Using Vintage Trans am wheels, ball stud is in outside hole. What effect will happen if I move ball stud to inner hole? Any other sugestions?
Lugnutz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #8844
Tech Regular
 
katfish317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 314
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnutz1 View Post
I noticed that the inside of my front wheels are rubbing on the shock ball end when the wheels are turned. Using Vintage Trans am wheels, ball stud is in outside hole. What effect will happen if I move ball stud to inner hole? Any other sugestions?
Moving the bottom of the shock inward will soften the suspension. You can offset this by moving the top of the shock out one hole also. But this may not give you the same feel in the suspension.
katfish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #8845
Tech Master
 
losi guy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,258
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to losi guy
Default

I finally got a chance run my tc5 and all I can say is this car is awesome. Very good race results the first time out.
__________________
Spektrum | Avid | DE Racing | Tekno
losi guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #8846
Tech Fanatic
 
xtrememadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
Here is a new setup for you guys to try if you want.
I feel that this is the best I have had my car.
hey josh, how is this setup compared to your last setup with the spool. my track is 90x40 but technical and was wondering if a oneway is hurting me and if i should switch to the spool thanx
__________________
CRAIG SANTRY / TAMIYA / TEAM ASSOCIATED / BROWNIES PRO AND SPORT HOBBIES / STATEN ISLAND SPEED TEAM / FUTABA / LRP / TEKIN / PROTOFORM / JACKSON RC / HORSHAM RC / EXOTEK RACING / REEDY
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #8847
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnin4 View Post
I need some advice! I recently purchased a tc5f, and I'm in the process of putting it together. I will be running a mm/cc 5700kv with a 2cell 30c 6500 lipo. I do not plan to race indoor on carpet, mainly outdoor street/parking lot usage.

what is the "best" spur/pinion combo? any suggestions for some wheels and tires? Also, does anyone have any other suggestions for various upgrades outside of the stock parts? any other tips for a new tc5 owner?

I've owned a dozen other rc cars, but feel like the tc5 is a bit over my head, haha. I appreciate the help!
any help? Thanks!
Burnin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #8848
Tech Champion
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,194
Trader Rating: 243 (100%+)
Default

Realistically, for playing in the street or parking lots use whatever you've got. "Setups" are for folks who are racing competitively and are seeking advantage to go that tenth or two faster. Out in the parking lot it's just about whatever is fun...if you don't have a clock or a couple guys running in the same tenth or two to measure yourself against it really doesn't matter.

Just build it and go have fun. Keep track of the motor temp so you don't overheat, but don't obsess about exactly this droop, that shock setting or the exact killer fdr.
__________________
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #8849
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5
Default

fair enough. can I at least get a spur/pinion recomendation? haha! also, any suggestions for a nice set of foam tires and wheels for street? thanks!
Burnin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #8850
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petk View Post
Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting the setup, I will give it a try. How does it compare to your previous setup, with the higher roll centers?

Best,
Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememadness View Post
hey josh, how is this setup compared to your last setup with the spool. my track is 90x40 but technical and was wondering if a oneway is hurting me and if i should switch to the spool thanx
The new setup seems to have a better balance. The front and rear of the car roll over at the same time when your in a turn. With the old setup it seemed like the rear of the car would stay flat and the front would try to roll alot.

I have tried this setup at 3 tracks. Big, little, open, tight, high bite, low bite, oneway, spool. It seems to work well in all carpet conditions.

xtreme.......i'm not sure a spool is the way to go on a tight technical track.....unless braking is needed.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 07:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 01:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 07:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 08:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 12:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net