R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-20-2006, 01:53 PM   #856
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Sorry what is a T2'007? I just thought they had a T2? when did they come out with another new car?????

I think AE has had a few good showings with the car at the Worlds and at the RROC if I am not mistaken???? Just because they did not win the race does not make it a bad car. There are a ton of things that can happen in the A -main or for that matter a tripple A-main to keep off out of the winners circle

Later
Kevin Boyle
Been under a rock? It just dropped yesterday and if the T2 was an Escalade, this is an Escalade from Pimp my ride and trick your truck all rolled up into one!

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #857
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Paying top dollar for imported parts that are hard to find gets pretty old. We've needed a good, strong American presence, especially in the foam sedan arena for a while now.
Only Associated isn't an "American" company anymore, they are owned by Thunder Tiger.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #858
Tech Master

And Kev, that post from Syndrome was an inside joke between him and me. We were flaming on the XRay post from something that stemmed from me being a major A$$hole in the Losi thread. Yes I was and I aint ashamed to admit it.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #859
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Only Associated isn't an "American" company anymore, they are owned by Thunder Tiger.
Sorry, I didn't mean American in a nationalistic sense. I don't actually care where things are made. I meant in terms of distribution and availability and COST. I'm all about what's best for the consumer. Even with the switch to Thunder Tiger, Associated manages to keep its prices reasonable. Presumably, because they're here. That's all I meant. I "buy American" only if it's the best choice.

As for the performance of the cars, I guess we'll have a better idea after the IIC. Or will we? Pro drivers can wheel just about anything to the A main, including the TC4. It seems like a better indication of a car's performance is what general consumers have to say about it after it's been released a few months, and not what superhuman pros can do.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:06 PM   #860
Tech Fanatic

Got it,

It just seems hard to keep with all the new changes that Xray is making. I give them props because they keep pushing TC forward but I think at some point you need say this is crazy if I need a new car every 6 months to a year to race in top form. Tires and batteries are enough to put you under let alone getting a new ride that often.

I am sure AE will put out a great car that will do well against the current class of cars out there. And there changes are more of rolling change then you need a new car. I think that way of doing business will keep more peple happy.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:11 PM   #861
Tech Master

I am inclined to agree. It seemed like the T2 just got 2006 car of the year from Car Action and here they are dropping a new car. But, taking a look at the frames on the XRay website, AE better get it together. The countersunk chassis to lower everything in the car is totally trick. Multi flex, man o man. And they illustrate how they got the car even lower. Those european cats are looking to get the industry on smash. I was drooling over the AE, but if they drop both cars at the same time, man, that will be a clash of the titans. But, XRay proving itself time and again, more people will lean towards them based on a proven track record.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:13 PM   #862
Tech Fanatic

I also read in the Xray forum that a lot of guys are getting tired of buying the flavor of the month. Sure they listen, build a new car and then half of the people complain that they have to buy another car. You will never please everybody. Maybe the Apple ananlogy was not the best but it is fresh in my mind since they just dropped a new Imac to replace the one i bought last month. That does not make me like my Imac any less though, just kind of jealous its not the latest and greatest. Almost every top tourer shares the exact same platform now save the Losi so if Associated can bring some more refinements to the design it well may be my next car, if not will ust keep upgrading my MSX. The only thing left on it from the original car is the chassis anyway.
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:16 PM   #863
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

I enjoy everyone getting excited and intrested in the new ae car but kevin boyle you are killing me man. you have like 176 posts or something like that and post of all those posts are on this thread. Do you work for ae ? If not you should really apply for the sale manager or something, you are for sure keeping this thread at the top.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #864
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

xray is popular in the US because they have the drivers (talent) winning the major US races. other cars have simliar build quality without the foothold for the simple reason they are not winning so people do not think they are 'as' good. much of the success of the ae belt car will ultimately be determined by it's success on the track at big events.

regarding the "be thankful for what you have" comments... why? we are the consumers. tempt me, tell me how great it is, show me what i have to look forward to, go out there and start dominating some races. don't leave me sitting here wondering if it's going to be worth a hill of beans when i can have a known commodity in another product.

if you want to talk large global sales, look to the gen3 game consoles being released. psx3, xbox 360, wii, we knew the specs, looks, features, FEEL, pricing and relative availability MONTHS ahead of release. why? because they know that most people won't buy all three and by promoting (ie marketing) to potential customers who have not made a decision, they stand a better chance at getting those sales.

running an fk05, i myself am in the market for a new sedan. my short list are the jrxs-r, t2 07 and the unnamed associated car. even know none of the cars are out, i've got a pretty good idea about the jrxs-r and t2 07, but a bunch of ???'s on this car.
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #865
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
I enjoy everyone getting excited and intrested in the new ae car but kevin boyle you are killing me man. you have like 176 posts or something like that and post of all those posts are on this thread. Do you work for ae ? If not you should really apply for the sale manager or something, you are for sure keeping this thread at the top.

Me and other members had chuckles about that very thing behind the scenes.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #866
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet

Old 09-20-2006, 08:04 PM   #867
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

if i didnt type it before i am not trying to knock you for your posts,, just an observation
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #868
Tech Fanatic

Wallstreet,

All good no worries

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 09-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #869
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to W.E.D.Jim

I would guess with sneak peaks that the car would be out by years end, or very close? The GT2 gave us a sneak, about 3 months ago and it is shipping within a week. So even if it takes one more month we are still only in January, with plenty of time for the new season, !

I haven't noticed any "drop in quality" with the A/E cars i've built recently. The only flaw in all the cars and trucks I biult for my son and I(5 total) was a few poorly threaded ballstuds. They actually went together better then the TL cars I left behind and were far better then the A/E cars I biult years ago!

On a lighter note......(tongue in cheek for the hardcore Internet guys....)

Kevin, carefull, it isn't easy to convince X Ray drivers to be patient, afterall they get new cars twice a year. I wonder....if they are so good at what they are doing why do they always need to improve the car? LOL

I have learned more about the X ray in this thread then the new A/E car! Looks like you may take some heat defending A/E in the "A/E sedan thread".

I used to love running TL and hearing, "They only won because the bought all the best drivers".
Now I hear, "if their car was any good they would win and prove it".

I guess it is all about perspective?
Sorry for the long post, I love the intraWeb, it makes me laugh.

, Jim
"Nothing but the best!"
W.E.D.Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:36 PM   #870
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

That's just it though, I'm not an XRay guy. I've owned XRay cars in the past but I've been a tried and true Associated customer since the RC10. I want to purchase Associated again.

I would actually say the quality of Associated parts has gotten better over the last several years. The TC4 (for the most part) went together really well (both FT and Team versions). The 12L4 parts quality (the new front end pieces) were all really good. I don't see any problems with quality and I think the TC4 got a bum wrap (but that's for another thread).

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote