R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #8566
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default pic

hey thanks for the pic is there a site that ya can go to for that tray
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #8567
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

specialized is sold through Corally. Its on their website, or of course, your local shop.

Village Idiot Racing
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #8568
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2056dennis View Post
hey thanks for the pic is there a site that ya can go to for that tray
http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...bb0164519bcfe1

Old 01-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #8569
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

anyone want to share a starting fdr for a 4.0 lrp motor?
Old 01-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #8570
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default stuff

thanks everyone for ur advice. im going to try the header card idea that was suggested. i took the balls and went over the rings with a sandpaper to roughen them up a bit and used it like that today and it worked pretty good. but will try the header card thing tonight

thanks again
treemagnet
treemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #8571
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisfrom619

hi guys I'm running my tc5 here in San Diego at Discount hobby Wharehouse I 'm running stock class 17.5. For those guys that was asking what gearing is available I found out that Robinson Racing in now making 37,39,41 tooth aluminum pinion 48p to be used with 69t and 72t spur to get to 3.5 -3.8 FDR. currently I'm geared 37 pinion and 69 spur with novak GTB and 17.5 ss last time I temp my motor it was 145 degree after 5 min and 30 seconds of running in the track size of I'll say 50ft by 130-150ft parking lot. If there is anybody here interested in racing here in San diego the next race is January 25th then every other sunday practice starts at 8:30 to 9:00 AM race starts roughly 10:00 AM Club Racing. 10 bucks for the first entry 5 bucks for the next car. We have other classes like 1/10 stock, 19t 13.5, and modified. 1/18 class 18r stock and 18r modified, and slash class Yes slash...
#1 Sponsor: Wifey
Hpi baja, traxxas e-maxx,slash, AE TC5R, RC18R,SC10, Thunder Tiger EB4 S2, and Futaba 4pk

DHW Raceway San Diego CA.
Novice Class
chrisfrom619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #8572
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

OK just got some gift cards for my B day I would like to pick up a nice LIPO battery for my new tc5 I currently own a couple of Orion 3200s but i will use those on my TC4 whats a good battery that fits good i will be ordering the ppd ez plate if that makes much diff in battery size. Hoping to put her on track for Virgin run Sunday

Thanks for the help
IL_AudiRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #8573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I know SMC packs fit fine. I run the 4000mah myself in 10.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_AudiRacer View Post
OK just got some gift cards for my B day I would like to pick up a nice LIPO battery for my new tc5 I currently own a couple of Orion 3200s but i will use those on my TC4 whats a good battery that fits good i will be ordering the ppd ez plate if that makes much diff in battery size. Hoping to put her on track for Virgin run Sunday

Thanks for the help
USA.JQRACING.COM / WWW.NEMORACINGUSA.COM /WWW.DIALEDHOBBIES.COM /WWW.TALLAHASSEERC.COM
revo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #8574
Tech Rookie

Default TC5 One Way Help Needed

I have a TC5 and ordered a One Way Kit, Danged if I can figure out how to affix the side plate to the gear

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
pbm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #8575
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm45 View Post
I have a TC5 and ordered a One Way Kit, Danged if I can figure out how to affix the side plate to the gear

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Use some CA. You will also have to do that with the gears that come with the kit. I understand your confusion because the oneway doesnt come with any instructions.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #8576
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I need some help. I'm experiencing some torque steer on my TC5. On hard acceleration it quickly pulls to the left for the first couple feet and then straightens right out.

I am running a spool up front and diff in the rear.

I took it all apart and found a bad rear hub bearing, yet it still has the same problem with the new bearing. I even put in a new rear diff and still the same problem.

I do not think it is an issue with the front of the car as it has a spool and the bone blades are intact.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Thanks
GTSSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #8577
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Are you running the slipper pad spool or the original one piece spool that the gear bolts to? The slipper pad spool can come loose and cause similar issues.

A couple of things to check.
Shock lengths, all the same?
Tweak?
Same spacing of shims on the left and right side of the car?
Same bulkhead holes on the left and right side of the car?

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #8578
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)
Default parts.

if you guys have some extra spare of spool to sell and aluminum outdrive let me know. tired of plastic ones always burned!

thanks.
johndayo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #8579
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSSTANG View Post
I need some help. I'm experiencing some torque steer on my TC5. On hard acceleration it quickly pulls to the left for the first couple feet and then straightens right out.

I took it all apart and found a bad rear hub bearing, yet it still has the same problem with the new bearing. I even put in a new rear diff and still the same problem.

I do not think it is an issue with the front of the car as it has a spool and the bone blades are intact.

Thanks

Check for chassis tweak - remove the wheels and put the car on a flat surface, remove the top plate and then put one screw in at a time, the car shouldn't suddenly lift when you tighten one down.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #8580
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Rick, bring the car to the track on Wed, we will figure it out, I bet it has something to do with Tweek from the chassis, as we kind of ruled out the other issues. You had to do some dremeling to get the chassis on the car... so...

Also bring all your spares including the old chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSSTANG View Post

Thanks
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote