R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #841
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
The quality since Thunder Tiger has taken over has severely gone down the drain... I'm quite aware of what AE produces since I bought my RC10 a long time ago.... As far as I have seen in the last 5 or so years by the time AE finally gets their cars to the market they've already been outdone... I hated to leave running AE cars but they left me no choice...

I still like my TC3, it's a great parking lot basher....
Well from what you are saying I think your mind is made up on which car you would like to run. This thread was put here to talk about the car not short comings that you have seen.

I for one have not seen that much of change in my B4,T4, GT (soon GT2) BJ4 WE parts that are supplied by AE.

Lets get back to thread and talk about what the boyz are working on a new Belted TC. If you have some good things to say abut your current rides (AE or others) post them and explain why you like them and why it would be cool to have them on the new AE car. You may just help a fellow racer out with a trick or builing tip.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:04 AM   #842
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Kevin...my message was not directed at you at all. I understand the info that's been put out here to-date, I've kept up on this thread for some time now.

My message to the folks at associated was simple and is directly related to the topic of this thread.

I need more info soon or I will purchase the new XRay.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #843
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Kevin...my message was not directed at you at all. I understand the info that's been put out here to-date, I've kept up on this thread for some time now.

My message to the folks at associated was simple and is directly related to the topic of this thread.

I need more info soon or I will purchase the new XRay.

We are cool, and I understand were you are coming from. I just think we can ask them several times over for the same info but until they have something to give, it is not going to happen.

Take Rick and Brent's feed back on the car after testing. They had info to share and were willing to give it out. If they do not have the info how can they can give it out?

Hope that helps explain were I am coming from

Kevin Boyle
Old 09-20-2006, 11:24 AM   #844
Tech Elite

I own my own small software consulting business. As part of my business, I'm asked to give estimates for projects.

I hate giving out estimates because they can be wrong. HOWEVER, in order for me to attract and retain customers, I am required to give out estimates. The better my estimates and the closer to my customer's expectations I can get, the happier my customers will be. When my estimates are wrong, it costs me money, customers or both. Without giving estimates though...I have no money and no customers. This situation isn't much different.

I want really bad to be a happy AE customer. If they don't have info on release date then they need to figure that out. Customers won't wait forever, they will find an alternative to give them what they want.

This should explain where I'm coming from.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #845
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
The quality since Thunder Tiger has taken over has severely gone down the drain

I still like my TC3, it's a great parking lot basher....

I second that! And, seeing that I am not into stadium or buggies, outside of these realms what has AE done. You re-released the Monster GT with a better engine, but the same problems exists (two speed is lame, crappy plastic yada yada). The Nitro TC3 is getting lonely and even if you produced a truggy, I wouldnt give two shits because I think they are lame anyways. That being said, your belt on-road looks the best out of all of the cars out there (except for the T2'007 ) and this is coming from an HPI guy. I would sooner buy the AE belt car before plopping my $550 down for a HotBodies Cyclone (that car is ugly). Capice?

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #846
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

We won't even touch on what I think of my MGT, it's given me more problems than my Pro-15 Tmaxx ever did...

Just give us an idea on when?????
Old 09-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #847
Tech Fanatic

Guys they are not obligated to tell us anything, Just be happy you have the info you have. Heck look at Apple,until last week they had never released any info on a product until it is ready to ship or is already in the stores. Do you really think people will quit buying thier products anytime soon be cause they do not tell us what they have in the pipeline?
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:16 PM   #848
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf
Guys they are not obligated to tell us anything, Just be happy you have the info you have. Heck look at Apple,until last week they had never released any info on a product until it is ready to ship or is already in the stores. Do you really think people will quit buying thier products anytime soon be cause they do not tell us what they have in the pipeline?
Did you read my post above? No, they don't have to tell us anything. But yes, they will lose customers (me for example, I know there are others).

Be happy with what we've got? Let's take stock:

1. We know it's a belt car
2. We've had some crappy spy pics that don't really show much
3. We don't have a tentative release date (they won't even say this year, next year or 2010)

Old 09-20-2006, 02:34 PM   #849
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf
You must be out of your mind. I hate to compare to say Tamiya or XRay or even Kyosho for that matter, but AE hasn't had a good on road car in a hot minute. Spy shots and no tentative release dates, not good as far as promos go. Haven't heard about this car doing big things at any events, so that doesnt bode well either. A gentleman in the XRay thread said it best:

AE and HPI didn't listen to the club racers in the forums. XRay did. Now look at the sales and following of XRay.

They don't have to tell people anything. If you have a winning product, it's ok to keep people on the limb. But when you havent produced anything in a good while, you need to keep the buzz generated when you start it. Comparing them to Apple, not a good analogy. Apple has been producing products and drops more stuff than a little bit and do not keep people guessing. But, I guess YOU knew that already.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #850
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This car looks just like a T2'007. Where's the originality, Associated?!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #851
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me

Old 09-20-2006, 02:40 PM   #852
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I hope this car (and Losi's new car) are on par with the current generation of sedans. Paying top dollar for imported parts that are hard to find gets pretty old. We've needed a good, strong American presence, especially in the foam sedan arena for a while now. Take your time, get it right.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:45 PM   #853
Tech Master

Default I couldnt disagree more

I couldnt disagree more. I will ask you this, how is the Losi doing at the IIC? People have been real tight lipped and the website isnt saying much of anything.....

Old 09-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #854
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me

Sorry what is a T2'007? I just thought they had a T2? when did they come out with another new car?????

I think AE has had a few good showings with the car at the Worlds and at the RROC if I am not mistaken???? Just because they did not win the race does not make it a bad car. There are a ton of things that can happen in the A -main or for that matter a tripple A-main to keep off out of the winners circle

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 09-20-2006, 02:50 PM   #855
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Sorry what is a T2'007? I just thought they had a T2? when did they come out with another new car?????

I think AE has had a few good showings with the car at the Worlds and at the RROC if I am not mistaken???? Just because they did not win the race does not make it a bad car. There are a ton of things that can happen in the A -main or for that matter a tripple A-main to keep off out of the winners circle

Later
Kevin Boyle
the T2 007 is a Evolution of the T2 built on the same platform.
Truggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote