Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey verndog, that gearing sounds about right but i just got 189 update on my tekin and i need to gear lower with the boost timing. so 44 sounds good. i have to watch my temps. tekin is complicated. i miss my lrp
Old 01-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IL_AudiRacer
Thanks Rob

Do you by anychance know the Part # for the "Stealth Nut" ?? it seems that i have pulled the threads out on the ones supplied

Is this the correct 1 https://www.hobbyoutlets.com/store/hobby/6575.html?js=n
That is the correct nut
Old 01-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by robk
make sure the nut is 100% seated at the bottom of the t holder thing. Sometimes it seems like it is, but you have to smash the crap out of it. Or just buy the stealth t nut for the offroad car, much easier since it's one piece.

Even knowing this I broke the t holder thingie... I wasn't 100% in. I tried a stealth t nut but it was worn some and the t-tops shreaded off cause they are smaller than the tc5 one. so I can't finish my diffs til I get more parts...build on hold I wish AE would tweak that mold so it's easier to get the nut in 100%!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
Even knowing this I broke the t holder thingie... I wasn't 100% in. I tried a stealth t nut but it was worn some and the t-tops shreaded off cause they are smaller than the tc5 one. so I can't finish my diffs til I get more parts...build on hold I wish AE would tweak that mold so it's easier to get the nut in 100%!
I know how you feel My diffs are currently on Hold due to stripping .
My problem wasnt with getting the nut seated it was getting the thrust bolt to grab to grab the T nut then the 2 times i did i guess i overtightened and stripped them the thrust bolts actually realeased with the threads from the nut still intact is this normal ?? it says to fully compress spring then back off but i cant get that far
Old 01-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Luckily mine order just arrived! ..

for new t holders you have to get the plastic outdrives kit, which have to be lighter than the alumium ones w/ my kit... I'm running 13.5, not anything hotter and always ran the plasitc ones in my Tc4s cause of the lighter weight/less unsprung weight. Any one comment on the tc5 plastic outdrives durability? I'm not to concerned too much w/ wear...would rather have less unsprung weight...but don't want to break one during a race either! I see they don't use the blades like the alum ones.

thanks.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My problem wasnt with getting the nut seated it was getting the thrust bolt to grab to grab the T nut then the 2 times i did i guess i overtightened and stripped them the thrust bolts actually realeased with the threads from the nut still intact is this normal ?? it says to fully compress spring then back off but i cant get that far
if u cant get the nut to grab the nut is not seated properly use a #2 pencil to seat it properly or get the t nut from a t3 offroad stadium truck i wish ae wouldve addressed this when they made the r and f cause its been a problem since it came out with the ft tc5
Old 01-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Truck_Buster
What bodies do you guys run on carpet?

^^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

What tires are on your car? Rubber or foam?
Old 01-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The diff spacer/washer in the kit is too thick, there's a spare in one of the bags, use that and the bolt will reach the nut just fine. I used the kit tools to help me not to overtighten (too much torque from my regular tools.)
Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Some VERY interesting mods seen on the team cars at this weekends DHI-Cup race in Europe. Most noticable is the upper camber link. Pictures at www.redrc.net click on events.

If I run out of things to change on my car tomorrow whilst testing may try some of these out.....
Old 01-09-2009, 04:41 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know that the diff nut holder is a PITA, but if the nut was looser in the holder it could spin inside the plastic and the diff wouldn't tighten up for that reason.

The plastice diffs should work fine for 13.5/17.5t. They just aren't quite good enough to run in full mod. Be sure to install the blue aluminum ring on the outdrive and you shouldn't have any durabilty issues.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
I know that the diff nut holder is a PITA, but if the nut was looser in the holder it could spin inside the plastic and the diff wouldn't tighten up for that reason.

The plastice diffs should work fine for 13.5/17.5t. They just aren't quite good enough to run in full mod. Be sure to install the blue aluminum ring on the outdrive and you shouldn't have any durabilty issues.
ur exactly right sean it has been a problem since the first one built one question wat does pita mean
Old 01-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

quick question for josh. Do you have a link to your most recent set-up sheet for trackside?
thanks.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Pain In The Ass
Old 01-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Originally Posted by robk
What tires are on your car? Rubber or foam?
rubber

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.