R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #8266
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BIG DADDY8
Questions??

I had a votex 10.5 brushless motor in my tc5 this weekend and ran great(never thermaled). Then put in a velocity 10.5 in it and seemed a tad slower. Also, the novak thermaled on me. Does the orion have a thermal sensor in it like the novak?
BIG DADDY8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #8267
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr crum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
I'dlove to know what I'm doing right if you guys are tapping boards and stripping spur gears. I watched a guy, who's car I pretty much built, rip a corner off of his car because of a head on impact with another car, right after he bounced off the boards and he's still using the same spur. I'm using the same spur I started the season with. 2 screws in it and all.
if u dont hit it hard ur not goin fast enuff
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
mr crum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #8268
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Where do the two o-rings go when putting together the one way?

Thanks
bmcallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #8269
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Has anyone here bought anything from TIR, titanium racing in the UK? I orderd a titanium layshaft on november 22 08 and i have not received anything from them other then a comformation email, i think i got screwed.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #8270
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcallister View Post
Where do the two o-rings go when putting together the one way?

Thanks
If you run your front end anything wider than full narrow you need to put them in the out drives to keep them in the one way.

DK
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #8271
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Powers View Post
Has anyone here bought anything from TIR, titanium racing in the UK? I orderd a titanium layshaft on november 22 08 and i have not received anything from them other then a comformation email, i think i got screwed.
my frined ordered something and the same result hes tried numerous times to contact then to no avail its sad a company as big as them does such crappy bussiness practices
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
Old 01-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #8272
Tech Initiate

I ran Joshes setup with my new tc5. Thanks for sharing your setup Josh. The car was a little loose for my driving skills so I moved the anti roll bar to the front and gold springs to the front and green springs to the rear. Was this the wright way to go? The car was dialed. Also I did notice the steering link was rubbing against the bulkhead do to the extra bump steer shims. Did i do something wrong?Should I file some of the bulkhead? I race at rcp Madison Wi.
giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #8273
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
I ran Joshes setup with my new tc5. Thanks for sharing your setup Josh. The car was a little loose for my driving skills so I moved the anti roll bar to the front and gold springs to the front and green springs to the rear. Was this the wright way to go? The car was dialed. Also I did notice the steering link was rubbing against the bulkhead do to the extra bump steer shims. Did i do something wrong?Should I file some of the bulkhead? I race at rcp Madison Wi.
mt steering link are way free from the bulkheadswhich way do u have the balls in are the balls facing up or down?
FL INDOOR R/C COMPLEX
TEAM B.R. RACING
Old 01-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #8274
Tech Master

Quote:
The bump steer shims go on the streering knuckle not the steering rack ....that might be why the car felt loose.

gold and green is a very big change in balance......i'm not sure that is the right way to go.

The setup usually doesn't lack rear traction......I would suggest moving the bump steer shims and checking everything else over and giving the setup another shot. The small details can make a huge difference sometimes.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #8275
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Powers View Post
You are not alone:

Official Titanium Racing (TiR) Thread!!!!
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:13 PM   #8276
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Adim_X

Will someone direct me to some good VTA starting setups? Small tight tracks, med-high bite.
Adim_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #8277
Tech Initiate

I have the silver ball studs with 1mm shims on the steering knuckle facing up. I think its rubbing when there is suspension travel. I can see there is some material ground off on the bulkhead.
giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #8278
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adim_X View Post
Will someone direct me to some good VTA starting setups? Small tight tracks, med-high bite.
Try this one from Rob K. It should be a good starting point.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #8279
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
I have the silver ball studs with 1mm shims on the steering knuckle facing up. I think its rubbing when there is suspension travel. I can see there is some material ground off on the bulkhead.
Can you post a picture? If you are coming over to watch during the Novak race Josh will be there and he can take a look. I can also take a look as I will be there as well. I will be pitting near Josh Stough so look us up.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #8280
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

How do you check the "2mm over" droop settings on Josh H. setup. What's the equivelent of that setting on the drop gauge I got with the kit?

TIA
zake540 is offline   Reply With Quote