Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 10-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by petk
Hi Josh,

Thanks for posting your setup from IIC. I am currently runing it, with some changes to fit a 5 cell car with a TC spec mounted behind the cells.

Are you runing A or B on the rear upright, for the upper camber link? We normally use A, but I remember a setup where you ran B.

Best,
Peter Knudsen

Hi Peter,

In vegas I ran 3-a but at the recent muchmore stock rubber race I uesd 4-b.
With 3-a it felt like you could drive the car harder into the corner and not worry about the back end coming around.
With 4-b I had to be a little smoother on corner entry and it yeilded faster times.
The muchmore race did have alot more grip than vegas.....so I don't know if 4-b will work on low - med bite tracks.

Josh Hohnstein
Old 10-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by poochy
hi,

i have a new tc5r. a little confused with the spool option assembly,-do i build the spool (spool pad kind) with diff balls or not? the maunal pictures for the spool is a little confusing.

also, i have only one turnbuckle i could not assemble- with one end not threading to the ball cup - any advice on this problem?

thanks
No you dont run any balls in the diff when you build it as a spool.

It helps to take an xacto knife and chamfer the hole in the ball cup. Just push it in a little and twist.

Has anybody played with a one way running rubber on carpet? I know back in the day of the Kawada it was good for 2 or 3 10ths a lap. Have a race this friday and all the big dogs will be there. Looking for any edge I can get.

thanks
dk
Old 10-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Josh did you have to cahnge set up form the jaco blues to the muchmore tire?
Now that I have a few minutes............I ended up with a full long wheelbase in the rear (3mm in front of the rear arm) to stop it from dumping too much when I drove it in real hard...........it also helped to free up the rear end on power.

I tried lots of changes but setteled on my vegas setup with the above changes and the 2mm shims at the front bulkhead (as listed before)

It was the fastest car at the race..........If I drove it at 95% it was easy to drive..........If I tried to drive it at 100% and really push it.........it was a little hard to hang on to.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

New TC5R body, Protoform DNA2.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-tc5.jpg  
Old 10-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Camber change?

Hi Josh,

Did you make any camber changes for the MuchMore tires?

My next race is Speed Weekend in Germany, I can see Christer and Joel will be there.

Nationally we run VTECH or Sorex tires, and I normally run -1,5 front and -2 rear. But with the MuchMore Sweep tires we will be running in Germany, I have noticed a line at the inside edge of the tires. Since the tires are lower profile and have harder sidewalls, I was thinking of decreasing camber by 0,5.

Have you noticed something similar with the MuchMore tires?

Best,
Peter
Old 10-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Diggity Designs NEW 5300 mAh 28C LiPO

Hey all, our new 5300 mAh 28C hard cased LiPO's are now in stock! These batteries are top notch and fresh from the manufacturer. ROAR approval is pending mid-late October. Head to our website for more info! This pack fits perfectly in the TC5 along with our wide TC5 LiPO brace! Here is a pic.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PartTime

Has anybody played with a one way running rubber on carpet? I know back in the day of the Kawada it was good for 2 or 3 10ths a lap. Have a race this friday and all the big dogs will be there. Looking for any edge I can get.

thanks
dk
I think a one-way is pretty much the norm on carpet. Car will turn a lot easier. You just can't use your brakes too much or the car will spin out.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by petk
Hi Josh,

Did you make any camber changes for the MuchMore tires?

My next race is Speed Weekend in Germany, I can see Christer and Joel will be there.

Nationally we run VTECH or Sorex tires, and I normally run -1,5 front and -2 rear. But with the MuchMore Sweep tires we will be running in Germany, I have noticed a line at the inside edge of the tires. Since the tires are lower profile and have harder sidewalls, I was thinking of decreasing camber by 0,5.

Have you noticed something similar with the MuchMore tires?

Best,
Peter
1.5 front and 2 in the rear is what I normally run..........the muchmore tires did start to get a wear line on the inside edge.......its a fine line between perfect tire wear and rolling over onto the sidewall and losing traction.

I think my setup is very close to what Christer runs..............Joel's setup on the other hand is completely different than anything I have ever seen before.

I'm sure they will both be fast.......and willing to help.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

on the tc5r manual--page 8 step 3.

how many and what mm shims do i use for the front arm mount to bulkhead connection? Should I shim them evenly as opposed to the rear-where I want to shim them unevenly to get rear toe to point in?
Old 10-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by poochy
on the tc5r manual--page 8 step 3.

how many and what mm shims do i use for the front arm mount to bulkhead connection? Should I shim them evenly as opposed to the rear-where I want to shim them unevenly to get rear toe to point in?
99% of the time you will want them shimmed evenly.............one thick shim is a safe place to start.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

GEEZ...don't you ever work? I always see you here on the interweb..
Originally Posted by Josh H
99% of the time you will want them shimmed evenly.............one thick shim is a safe place to start.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 74VWTECH
GEEZ...don't you ever work? I always see you here on the interweb..
He was at the track working today. All I can say is ridiculous.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Josh-

If I swap my camber links side to side, rotate the tires inside out, run an alfa body on my rubber car, and put run a ni-cd pack will I be fast?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s
Hey Josh-

If I swap my camber links side to side, rotate the tires inside out, run an alfa body on my rubber car, and put run a ni-cd pack will I be fast?
Camber links must go front to back.....not side to side....duh
Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
Camber links must go front to back.....not side to side....duh
That's right..I also need to rotate by bushings and use comm drops on those as well....slippery.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.