Vision whats with the red washers on a blue car? lol It looks good like that

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #7340
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon madness View Post
CVD blades??? What are those??? lol j/k I still use plastic outdrives.
So if you use plastic outdirve then the alum ring is a good idea to have, and if useing the alum outdrives then extra cvd blades are a good idea to have.

Here are some pic's of a new body for the indoor season (it is a simple body that I painted up)

The wing is peril white (same as the back section). I will mount that up when it gets closer to raceday.

that looks really nice dude...
you paint for others also...?

as for which car it is...im thinking it was prolly the 1st gen.
i know the guy im getting it from bought it off a guy who ran asphalt with it...so i dont know to much about it at all.i actually am getting an itf top deck for it...but was going to get the itf chassi to.
i will have to check on the outdrive stuff and see what they are.i know on my buddies im thinking his are plastic and have the little blue ring thingy holding them in...boy they are a pain to deal with arent they....lol
Old 09-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #7341
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Still currently building up my tc5, but here are a few teaser pics -
If those brake discs are the ones that are integral to the hex, watch out. They may bind up the drive train. I tried to run them in trans am and I burnt up the fronts

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #7342
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
that looks really nice dude...
you paint for others also...?

as for which car it is...im thinking it was prolly the 1st gen.
i know the guy im getting it from bought it off a guy who ran asphalt with it...so i dont know to much about it at all.i actually am getting an itf top deck for it...but was going to get the itf chassi to.
i will have to check on the outdrive stuff and see what they are.i know on my buddies im thinking his are plastic and have the little blue ring thingy holding them in...boy they are a pain to deal with arent they....lol
Thanks, I do paint for other people, but mostly locals. One of the main reasons I don't get into the on-line dealing, is because I don't have a pay-pal acc. (I will at some point in time though), but if you or they are ok with the use of a money order then it wouldn't be a problem.

The ITF chassis, and top deck are for use with rubber tires, as it gives the car more flex, and normaly will give you more grip when on a low grip surfface (but there is still a limit of being too soft). So if you were going to run on carpet with foam tires you will want the standard top deck and chassis, and maybe the hard parts (not really needed but will help out a lot with the way the car handles on foams). With foam set-up's they are on the really stiff side (a simple ex. a set-up for rubber tires use uses blue springs in the front, and then a set-up for foam uses a blue springs for the rear)

As for the cva bones and getting around the alum ring on the out drive, I have found that if you move the bone to a sharp angle with the drive pins in-line with the angle, then they will just slide right out and in with no issues (there is no need to take the ring off then). It makes removing the bone for the out drive easy for then you want to clean the car, or if you need to fix/change somthing.

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #7343
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default LiPo weight

I just received my LiPo weight from Manutech. The machine work is impressive. Excelent fit in the chassis. Chris Doerr has been good to buy from. Link to his site. Chris Doerr [cwdoerr@yahoo.com]
Thanks John Schoenauer
Old 09-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #7344
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (98%+)

EEChris, rims are hpi works, staggered 6mm offset and 9mm offset in the rear.

carbon madness, washers are just for show =)

robk, brake disc's are for my non-race wheels for show use, won't run with them.
Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #7345
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Josh,
Great job at the IIC.
On your 10.5 rubber set up
What would you change if you are running on med carpet on jaco greens?
I want to run the one way
Thanks and God Bless
CRC WTF-1
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:55 PM   #7346
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Howdy,

Relatively new to RC cars, and very new to TC5s. Grabbed a second hand one recently and popped a 3.5 LRP in it. When driving it, found that when accelerating up a straight, the car would wander a little one way, then the other way.

Spoke to the guy I bought it off, and he said it was most likely the servo (was just a cheap Spectrum 590). So had mate at hobby store pop in a new one (Ace RC, not sure of model, was about $70 AUS).

There is a bit less wandering, but it is still there. Had a bit of a fiddle with the steering and noticed a bit of play on the ball ends. I've had someone else suggest getting some RPM ball cups. Not sure of model, but seen RPM 73381 as Associated replacements.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for the problem, or parts that might help a newbie out in fixing the problem?

Cheers
Mongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:50 AM   #7347
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like classic too much toe out issues.

Have some one setup your car on a setup station .
I bet it goes away.
Not only that but the car will probably be alot more consistant.
Dave.
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #7348
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsaves View Post
Josh,
Great job at the IIC.
On your 10.5 rubber set up
What would you change if you are running on med carpet on jaco greens?
I want to run the one way
Thanks and God Bless
The first thing would be to try the silver springs in the rear.....but use the inside hole on the arm. That should help get you some traction with those tires.
Are they the new greens...............those were scary on carpet when I tried them.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #7349
Tech Adept

Default New to Onroad and TC5F

Hey guys (and gals), I really want to give onroad a try this winter and picked up a TC5F since I've always been an Associated guy. I just have a couple quick questions on the build up. I'm running pretty much the stock setup for foam in the manual including +.5 degree toe out in the front and -3 degree toe in in the rear (2 2degree shims in the back, 1 1degree shim in the front). The thing I can't figure out is how many wheel shims to use for wheelbase adjustment. The setup calls for 1mm in the front and 2mm in the rear and on the setup sheet it shows the wheel base dimenion called out toward the front of each a-arm. Does that mean I use 1 1mm shim in the front per side and 1 2mm shim in the rear per side? When I do this there is a little slop between the hinge pins and a-arms from front to back. Sorry for the long description but any help is greatly appreciated.
absoluttorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #7350
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

I'm not familiar with the TC5F setup, but it sounds to me like you got it right The slop is easy to get rid of. What I usually do is lift the arm up a ways and start to tighten down the screws for the hinge pin mounts. once they are fairly snug, I check to see if they are falling freely as well as how much slop there is. If there is a little slop, I usually just push the mounts together with my fingers and continue tightening. Then I repeat the process until the mounts are completely tight with little to no slop. Of course, since there is a lot of movement in the area, the mounts will sometimes move outward and slop will return. So just do the same thing again to get rid of it.