R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #7186
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks robk and decibels! I got some crush tubes yesterday at the lhs and have everything back together now. I'll keep a look out for bearing wear this time! Other than that though, this is the most dialed car I've ever had!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:24 AM   #7187
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Setup plate

I had many requests for a TC5 setup plate. I have just completed the first run. These are working very well on the Mi3 and were tested at the IIC with great reviews. Besides removing tweak it can be used for accurately checking droop, working on car, storeage and travel.

As many know, the ITF (2mm rubber type R) chassis is awesome on asphalt, but susceptible to tweak (twist front to rear). It also works equally as well on the 2.5mm chassis. Problem is solved with the bulkhead holes that go thru the plate so you can tighten from underneith while clamped dead flat (loosen bulheads / top deck before loading and clamping). Clamp system mounts in under 1 minute making for fast inspection of chassis after a hard hit.

I have limited quantities and prob. will be some time before we run these again.

More info on the webpage.
http://www.ppdbillet.com/associated_tc5.html
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-tc5-plate-1.jpg  
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:44 AM   #7188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
I had many requests for a TC5 setup plate. I have just completed the first run. These are working very well on the Mi3 and were tested at the IIC with great reviews. Besides removing tweak it can be used for accurately checking droop, working on car, storeage and travel.

As many know, the ITF (2mm rubber type R) chassis is awesome on asphalt, but susceptible to tweak (twist front to rear). It also works equally as well on the 2.5mm chassis. Problem is solved with the bulkhead holes that go thru the plate so you can tighten from underneith while clamped dead flat (loosen bulheads / top deck before loading and clamping). Clamp system mounts in under 1 minute making for fast inspection of chassis after a hard hit.

I have limited quantities and prob. will be some time before we run these again.

And can also be used as a chassis caddy!

I must have one! Great work Verndog!

AE - Reedy - LRP - Hobby Velocity - XP Digital - JConcepts
Maybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #7189
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybell View Post
And can also be used as a chassis caddy!

I must have one! Great work Verndog!
No problem...I have at least 2 set aside for you and Keven Hebert....if you can make Wednesday I can bring it.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #7190
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post

Will it work without the middle hold-down? I have my ppd base plate shoe-gooed into my car.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #7191
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Will it work without the middle hold-down? I have my ppd base plate shoe-gooed into my car.
Yes it will. The important areas for clamping are the corners near the bulheads and arm mounts to be flat and parallel end to end. The center clamp was added just to assure a small center bow gets pulled down, but that should not effect the more important mount ends of chassis.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #7192
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

im going to be running carpt rubber for the first time. am i to use a one way or a spool and whats the difference
eddie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #7193
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what are u guys doing to stop the robison spurs from rubbing on the top deck?
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #7194
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie10 View Post
im going to be running carpt rubber for the first time. am i to use a one way or a spool and whats the difference
the diffrence is, the spool is a full time solid axle, and the one way is a solid on power, but lets the tires free wheel off power (no front brakes) what you should run depends on the track conditions, what class your running and how your driving style is. lower bite youd generally run a spool, higher bite a one way. also, i tend to see more people run one ways in stock than mod. a solid will be easier to drive if its your first time out, but dont be suprised if a one way is the ticket
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #7195
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

hey guys, just got my car on the track for the first time today. looks great. my problem is that the car, every time i go thru a corner the car slips and does like a 270 degree spin or more. the diff and ride hight are set and the camber. (i am on carpet) ive slimmed it down to the tires just being worn. any of you have any other suggestions that may help my problem?
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #7196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by not home View Post
hey guys, just got my car on the track for the first time today. looks great. my problem is that the car, every time i go thru a corner the car slips and does like a 270 degree spin or more. the diff and ride hight are set and the camber. (i am on carpet) ive slimmed it down to the tires just being worn. any of you have any other suggestions that may help my problem?
Since you mentioned that you are running old tires...Are the sidewalls of those tires glued REALLY well? It is important to check and touch up the gluing on rubber tires often. I check them every run.

I ask this because before we get into your chassis setup it is good to eliminate these kind of problems first...

AE - Reedy - LRP - Hobby Velocity - XP Digital - JConcepts
Maybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:33 PM   #7197
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

they are on there, havent used in a week or 2. maybe they just need to be cleaned extremely well and get some of my grip restorer on it.
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #7198
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
the diffrence is, the spool is a full time solid axle, and the one way is a solid on power, but lets the tires free wheel off power (no front brakes) what you should run depends on the track conditions, what class your running and how your driving style is. lower bite youd generally run a spool, higher bite a one way. also, i tend to see more people run one ways in stock than mod. a solid will be easier to drive if its your first time out, but dont be suprised if a one way is the ticket

should i be using a carpet body or asphalt body?
eddie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #7199
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is a fdr of 4.1 to low for 13.5 100X50 sprayed asphalt

ran a 66 spr with a 35p 3.77 motor temp was 195 degrees, which they said was to high,,,

should i file down the top deck to keep the spur from rubbing> or just get a kimbrough spur 66
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #7200
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie10 View Post
should i be using a carpet body or asphalt body?
most people who run carpet/rubber use rubber tire bodies, ie mazda 6, mazdaspeed 6, etc.
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote