R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #7171
Tech Regular
 
BobbyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
Diggity Designs makes them.
Excellent quality for a good price.
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/D3_OnR...iated_TC5.html
Thanks, Sean! (And great prices on the bearings!)

But hey, with all this talk about bearings can anybody tell me why/how they're getting THRASHED with normal running? I just tore down my rear hubs because of a noticable wobble in the right rear and the bearing was completely shredded, the crush tube was scored about half-way through and the hex adapter was so gouged I couldn't use it either. What is causing this!? I just now replaced the two outer bearings on both rear hubs with some Tamiya metal shielded bearings I had and need to come up with a crush tube, but I don't think I can afford (or want) to run this car if I have to replace these parts every couple of weeks.
__________________
"After the third flip, I lost control............"

Last edited by BobbyS; 09-05-2008 at 11:55 PM.
BobbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:12 AM   #7172
Tech Regular
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in a house
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyS View Post
Thanks, Sean! (And great prices on the bearings!)

But hey, with all this talk about bearings can anybody tell me why/how they're getting THRASHED with normal running? I just tore down my rear hubs because of a noticable wobble in the right rear and the bearing was completely shredded, the crush tube was scored about half-way through and the hex adapter was so gouged I couldn't use it either. What is causing this!? I just now replaced the two outer bearings on both rear hubs with some Tamiya metal shielded bearings I had and need to come up with a crush tube, but I don't think I can afford (or want) to run this car if I have to replace these parts every couple of weeks.
are you running the spacers in between the bearings which makes them a bit stronger cause so far i havnt had any probs and i have whacked a couple of walls in the side that are pretty solid.
__________________
Team Wave Speedies
Thunder power lipo's
flying fox rc
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #7173
Tech Adept
 
AeRacer805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeRacer805 View Post
Is anyone using a futaba 9551 or 9550 for their steering servo??? What spacer did u use when u mounted the servo.
Is anyone running one of these servos
__________________
"When you are not practicing someone else is and when you meet that person they will beat you."

TC6, Top Photon, B4.1, SC10 FT, Orion Motors and Servos, Tekin RS
AeRacer805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #7174
Tech Regular
 
Catalyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 252
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I'm running the S9551 and no spacer. Just mounted the servo to the aluminum mount with a small washer included in the servo hardware between the screw and the servo tab.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #7175
Tech Adept
 
AeRacer805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
I'm running the S9551 and no spacer. Just mounted the servo to the aluminum mount with a small washer included in the servo hardware between the screw and the servo tab.
Thank you Catalyst
__________________
"When you are not practicing someone else is and when you meet that person they will beat you."

TC6, Top Photon, B4.1, SC10 FT, Orion Motors and Servos, Tekin RS
AeRacer805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #7176
Tech Fanatic
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 931
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know what part number the screws are for holding the associated battery posts to the chassis are? And for the top ones too?

Is it worth using ca glue on the edges of the battery strap?

Thanks, Jacob.
__________________
Losi 8ight-E 2.0, LRP Shark, Xray M18T custom extended, Traxxas VXL Revo
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #7177
Tech Regular
 
BobbyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
are you running the spacers in between the bearings which makes them a bit stronger cause so far i havnt had any probs and i have whacked a couple of walls in the side that are pretty solid.
Yes, the spacers are there, someone reported the problem a while back on this thread.
__________________
"After the third flip, I lost control............"

Last edited by BobbyS; 09-06-2008 at 09:50 PM.
BobbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #7178
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 929
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Whats the servo of choice for the top drivers on foam carpet?
eddie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:40 PM   #7179
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

A few pages back someone had mentioned having problems getting any droop in the arms. I just finished assembling a TC5F and was having the same problem.

I had to file down the arms (front and back) and a little on the carriers/hubs.
The rear arms being the worst, would sit just level and no further (with no shocks). The front arms were not quite as bad, they would sit just below level.

Does anyone know if AE has any plans on resolving this issue?
I was kinda hoping to leave all the filing/sanding/part fitting, back with the TC3

Otherwise, can't wait to try it
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #7180
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The RC Race Track
Posts: 37
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
A few pages back someone had mentioned having problems getting any droop in the arms. I just finished assembling a TC5F and was having the same problem.

I had to file down the arms (front and back) and a little on the carriers/hubs.
The rear arms being the worst, would sit just level and no further (with no shocks). The front arms were not quite as bad, they would sit just below level.

Does anyone know if AE has any plans on resolving this issue?
I was kinda hoping to leave all the filing/sanding/part fitting, back with the TC3

Otherwise, can't wait to try it

That does not sound right, what mounting blocks are you using for the arms, there are three types; 1, 2 and 3 dots. Each set the arms at a different heigth. I am using 2's and have to cut back on the droop with the screws.

By the way, I don't like that the screws come in contact with the chassis so I made up four brass shims and used epoxy to bond them to the chassis so the droop screws impact the brass, not the chassis.

Dave
__________________
AE TC5R, GTB, SS13.5
AE T4FT
RC_DAVE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #7181
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The RC Race Track
Posts: 37
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Here is my newly built TC5 with the HPI Saleen body.

This car rocks!

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated TC5-saleen.jpg  
__________________
AE TC5R, GTB, SS13.5
AE T4FT
RC_DAVE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:49 PM   #7182
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,500
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyS View Post
But hey, with all this talk about bearings can anybody tell me why/how they're getting THRASHED with normal running? I just tore down my rear hubs because of a noticable wobble in the right rear and the bearing was completely shredded, the crush tube was scored about half-way through and the hex adapter was so gouged I couldn't use it either. What is causing this!? I just now replaced the two outer bearings on both rear hubs with some Tamiya metal shielded bearings I had and need to come up with a crush tube, but I don't think I can afford (or want) to run this car if I have to replace these parts every couple of weeks.
The bearings in the hubs have been a problem for some guys. I have had a couple basically disintegrate myself. Bearing sets are pretty cheap from 3rd party vendors, and I haven't had a problem since going away from stock bearings.

Crush tubes should be easy to get at the LHS.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:02 AM   #7183
Tech Regular
 
decibels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in a house
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyS View Post
Yes, the spacers are there, someone reported the problem a while back on this thread.
well not everyone is gonna agree with me but when you build the car and put the cv's in the hubs there is a bit of play!! i didnt have time to shim it properly as i was in a hurry as i got the car 2 days before a big meet! now i have noticed that the plastic sheilds have worn a bit from the hex lock. which i think is why i havnt had any probs yet all my bearings are fine after about 7-8 race meets! so i guess some play in the right areas is not such a bad thing!
__________________
Team Wave Speedies
Thunder power lipo's
flying fox rc
!!And an idiot with a controller!!
decibels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:06 AM   #7184
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

so, where's those 10.5t foam setups?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #7185
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
I'm running the S9551 and no spacer. Just mounted the servo to the aluminum mount with a small washer included in the servo hardware between the screw and the servo tab.
I think Im running the thickest spacer. Or whatever one kept the steering linkage the most parallel.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 07:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 01:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 07:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 08:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 12:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net