R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-31-2008, 05:14 PM   #7081
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

andrewdoherty you were right. i trimmed up the arm in the hub area and now i have full motion. THANKS

LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #7082
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
andrewdoherty you were right. i trimmed up the arm in the hub area and now i have full motion. THANKS

Why would you want your car to do this?
Old 08-31-2008, 06:06 PM   #7083
Tech Elite

obviously you wont use that much range of motion. my suspension was binding and once i fixed it i got full range. now i can go through and set droop and stuff and it will look like a normal car.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #7084
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Never mind.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:17 PM   #7085
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
I think it's the blades in the out drives. I had the same problem when I first installed them with the aluminum outdrives. If you push the arm down will it drop all the way?
umm, it's been fixed. look above. thanks for the tip.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:23 PM   #7086
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
umm, it's been fixed. look above. thanks for the tip.
yeah dude I jumped the gun on that one.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 06:25 PM   #7087
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
yeah dude I jumped the gun on that one.
that's good though. it shows someone can come on here and get answers almost instantly. that's awesome! i appreciate everyones input.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:42 PM   #7088
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

On my way back from IIC I was reading the new extream R/C and noticed that there was an ad for Integy. As I was skimming the page I noticed that they mentioned making some parts for the TC5. So when I got home I looked it up and found that they are making aluminum C-Hubs (0,2,4 deg), steering blocks, rear hubs, arms, and shock retainers. So I ordered some up (not the arms). For those looking for these types of parts check them out...www.integy.com and do a search for TC5.

I am excited to see them producing parts for this kit. Figured I would pass it along to fellow AE TC5 owners.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:46 PM   #7089
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
On my way back from IIC I was reading the new extream R/C and noticed that there was an ad for Integy. As I was skimming the page I noticed that they mentioned making some parts for the TC5. So when I got home I looked it up and found that they are making aluminum C-Hubs (0,2,4 deg), steering blocks, rear hubs, arms, and shock retainers. So I ordered some up (not the arms). For those looking for these types of parts check them out...www.integy.com and do a search for TC5.

I am excited to see them producing parts for this kit. Figured I would pass it along to fellow AE TC5 owners.
cool, ill have to take a note of that for my car. just built it up and on my old car the rear end sometimes flies around the corners so some nice rear aluminum hub carriers would sound nice.
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #7090
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:

The initial review Ive heard on the blocks and hubs are they are poorly made. The bearings inside dont line up with each other. Not sure if it was just one batch or all. Something to watch out for.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #7091
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
Why would you want your car to do this?
not more for the arm droop but to make camber if you dont do this you can not get enough of negative camber it also good to do on the front end also,but it is always good to have a free suspension.

warren
Old 09-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #7092
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

What is the general opinion on using the aluminum castor blocks and steering arms? I was looking at the diggity and integy parts but am a little reluctant to order. On the integy rear hubs, does anyone know if these are 1 or 0 degree? Are they heavier? I looked on the websites and couldn't really determine. My concern with aluminum parts has always been transferring the force of a hard hit to something I really don't want bent or broken. I would rather loose a suspension arm than a bulkhead or chassis plate. If they are not too heavy I was thinking of the blocks & steering arms, but not the susp. arms.

thanks in advance.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #7093
Tech Champion

aluminum:

pros: stiffer (if you are looking for a stiffer suspension), bling!, can be more durable, more consistent

cons: $$$, can transfer breakage to something else, usually heavier

aluminum a-arms completely bling.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #7094
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
aluminum:

pros: stiffer (if you are looking for a stiffer suspension), bling!, can be more durable, more consistent

cons: $$$, can transfer breakage to something else, usually heavier

aluminum a-arms completely bling.
C-hubs on this car are not bullet proof by any means nor are the rear hubs. The amount of added weight is probably not significant enough for most people to notice. I would rather break a ball cup then strip out another screw hole on the rear hubs. I will weigh them when they show up and post the differences.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:32 AM   #7095
Tech Champion

Quote:
C-hubs on this car are not bullet proof by any means nor are the rear hubs. The amount of added weight is probably not significant enough for most people to notice. I would rather break a ball cup then strip out another screw hole on the rear hubs. I will weigh them when they show up and post the differences.
I've had the car for a year and have never broken a rear hub. How much more durable do they need to be? C-Hubs break when you crash into the wall with your wheel turned. The aluminums will break too with a hard enough hit.

I look at it this way. AE wants the best touring car on the market. If they thought the aluminum stuff made a big difference towards that then they would include them. Just my .02.