R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #6406
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can someone please tell me the preferred roll out for a TC5 with 27t stock motor and rubber tires on carpet, 64 pitch
Cubic$Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #6407
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Does the Yeah Racing Lipo fit on the TC5 with the CF battery holder and posts?
hanzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #6408
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Hard Caster blocks v Soft

Hard and soft caster blocks, steering blocks, susp. arms

What is the difference between the two? thx.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.

Last edited by mikel33; 07-08-2008 at 10:25 AM.
mikel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:13 AM   #6409
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default tc5

hey everyone

just want ppls advice on a front spool in a stock setup. notice that everyone in mod seems to use them but in stock sum ppl dont n sum do. just want to know the pros n cons of putting one in and maybe some ideas on a setup changes i should know wen using a front spool

thanks
treemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #6410
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From EA Forums.co.uk:

Quote:
Now about the spool. I think a One-way give's you a lot of steering, but an "instable" kind of steering, the car "agressifly swaps" into the corner. That can make the car unstable. And because of the fact a one-way gives that much steer, you will tend to go even harder in to the corner which makes the car even more unstable, and tryin to brake away in the mid corner.
When braking the car immidiatly turns around, only when there is a lot of grip you can try to brake with a one-way.

A spool is stable and gives a much more "smoot" feeling when you steer, if you don't set-up the car right it wil feel like a school bus when turning in. But steer can be find in al kind's of way's to make the car feel just right. And when you make a mistake by steering you can (really important) hit the brakes! Try to set your transmitter at half the brake power. At my helios the maximum is 150 I'm driving my brake high point at 80 orso.
A spool gives you the opertunitie to brake some one out of a corner, but that is really hard... A car that smootly rolls true a corner is faster then one that brakes on the inside. I've seen it happen, but not that often.

Last weekend the Nationals here in Holland where held and i think like 70 or 80% of the field was driving a spool, a single persone was driving a differential in front, and the other 20% was driving a One way. The nationals where helt at a smoot and long track. with medium - high grip.

I think if you have to choose... go for the spool like i said before, if you don't have to choose by al three the things and feel what fit's you!!!

Greetings Robert Krens
Old 07-08-2008, 07:51 AM   #6411
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Body choice

im looking at buying a new asphalt body and i want to know what you guys had to say first mazda or mazdaspeed? that is my question... pros and cons
Old 07-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #6412
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

How the hell do I get a smc5000 pack to stay in the tc5? I know its a stupid question, but I still need a answer, lol.....
chuckharrisjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #6413
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckharrisjr View Post
How the hell do I get a smc5000 pack to stay in the tc5? I know its a stupid question, but I still need a answer, lol.....
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/TC5_LIPO_WIDER_Brace.html

and/or

http://www.ppdbillet.com/RC_accessories.html
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:26 AM   #6414
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
What I did with my car MI3 was to servo tape the battery strap to the top of the pack and then secure the battery strap the normal way with the thumb screws. Just make sure when you do this that you space up the hold down mounts so when you tighten the thumb screws you dont bow the hold down and the chassis. If you have more then 1 pack get more then 1 hold down and do it to each one....its really an easy way and holds everything very secure.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #6415
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemagnet View Post
hey everyone

just want ppls advice on a front spool in a stock setup. notice that everyone in mod seems to use them but in stock sum ppl dont n sum do. just want to know the pros n cons of putting one in and maybe some ideas on a setup changes i should know wen using a front spool

thanks
it depends on the track layout, if its an open flowing layout id try a oneway, if its a tight technical track or one that has abrubt direction changes after hi-speed areas (good example was this years roar paved nats, 180 after straight, infeild chicane) then a spool will suit you better. last week at my club we set up the nats layout my car was poo with a oneway and dialed with a spool, but it was dialed with a oneway the previous week with a oneway, so it will depend on the layout

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #6416
Tech Apprentice

Default Shocks

How often do you all rebuild your shocks?
I have found I have to rebuild them after every run.
It seems like they should hold up a little better.
I am losing the rebound on the shocks.

Also I run at SVM speedway which is a very large track.
Would it be better to go with a one way up front or a Spool?
I need the car to steer a little better.

Thanks.
tc5basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #6417
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
There is a costly High-Tech solution for securing your SMC 5000 within your TC5.

Parma Pro Servo Tape
part # PAR 8044
http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...roducts_id=888

The extremely laborious procedure entails cutting 3x strips of the Parma Pro Servo Tape in 1/4" to 3/8" wide strips by 1" long, spaced out on the chassis in the area between where a normal Sub-C cell would go. Place each strip on the chassis every other slot, insert battery and press down to stick tape to the base of the battery, and then secure the SMC 5000 with the factory TC5 battery strap.

The Parma Pro Servo tape is clear, very gooey, pliable, and very sticky. It can be left on the battery after you remove the battery from the car, and reused many many times as long as kept moderatly clean.

Enjoy.

You can try normal Foam based Servo Tape or Double Sided Tape, but after testing I found that the foam tape either wants to shear, leaving tape/foam on the chassis and battery, or does not remain sticky enough to be reused. Cleaning up the Parma Pro Servo Tape is very simple: Grab, Pull, Remove. No residue or tape will remain.

Last edited by kn7671; 07-08-2008 at 10:54 AM.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #6418
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5basher View Post
How often do you all rebuild your shocks?
I have found I have to rebuild them after every run.
It seems like they should hold up a little better.
I am losing the rebound on the shocks.

Also I run at SVM speedway which is a very large track.
Would it be better to go with a one way up front or a Spool?
I need the car to steer a little better.

Thanks.
You should not have to rebuild after every run. If they are bleeding down, changing the rebound, then replace with new o-rings. If the o-rings don't solve it, check the shock shafts for excessive wear. At most, you should only need to rebuild every few weeks, if that.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #6419
Tech Regular

Does anyone have an exploded view of the new "slipper spool." I am sure that I have all of the parts, but want to make sure to assemble it correctly.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #6420
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

How do you change the shock o-rings? Taking the block out of the shock will be a PITA.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote