Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 06-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi guys.

Went racing today. Track was big, smooth and clean. About twice the size I normally run on. A little suger/water in the corners and have at it. The stock setup for the TC5R worked great ! Pretty smooth and easy to put where you want it with out throwing the rear around.

If I was to change the set up at all it would have been to up the spring rate one step frt/rear to cope with the higher speed sections of the track. Other than that and needing way more top end.... it was awsome.

I started with the G6 body and it was pretty good but a bit touchy at the end of the strait. So I put my stratus 3.0 AP on that I have for carpet and it was better. Smoother but balanced everywhere. Very consistant and ripped from everybody in the infield. I geared it up 4 teeth for the main. It was smoother in the infiield and had pretty good topend. I Went a lap better than TQ (not me) and got lucky a couple of corners in and checked out. Love when that happens. It doesnt happen offen with the guys I race with. The car was easy to drive fast.

DK

P.S. My car has the thicker chassis/top deck.
Edit: Sway bars are on.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I got 2nd place A-main on carpet
Old 06-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PartTime
Hi guys.

Went racing today. Track was big, smooth and clean. About twice the size I normally run on. A little suger/water in the corners and have at it. The stock setup for the TC5R worked great ! Pretty smooth and easy to put where you want it with out throwing the rear around.

If I was to change the set up at all it would have been to up the spring rate one step frt/rear to cope with the higher speed sections of the track. Other than that and needing way more top end.... it was awsome.

I started with the G6 body and it was pretty good but a bit touchy at the end of the strait. So I put my stratus 3.0 AP on that I have for carpet and it was better. Smoother but balanced everywhere. Very consistant and ripped from everybody in the infield. I geared it up 4 teeth for the main. It was smoother in the infiield and had pretty good topend. I Went a lap better than TQ (not me) and got lucky a couple of corners in and checked out. Love when that happens. It doesnt happen offen with the guys I race with. The car was easy to drive fast.

DK

P.S. My car has the thicker chassis/top deck.
Edit: Sway bars are on.
Hey DK...do you mean TC5 box set up? You said TC5R You got a TC5R already? What's the box set up for oil and springs?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

i have no rear sway bar, it was the only way to more or less cure the loosness of the one way.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losithrasher
i have no rear sway bar, it was the only way to more or less cure the loosness of the one way.
But why? It cant be that the car has to have sway bars off in order to stick. Very interesting
Old 06-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

transfers less weight to the front.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sway bars should not affect weight transfer to the front. They should only restrict weight transfer side to side.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Hey DK...do you mean TC5 box set up? You said TC5R You got a TC5R already? What's the box set up for oil and springs?
I have a normal TC5. I put the new setup for the TC5R on it.

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/tc5_rubber.pdf

The only diffrents is Im running 1 deg camber, I dont have a spool so I just ran the front diff really tight and I dont have the ITF decks with o-rings.

DK
Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losithrasher
transfers less weight to the front.
swaybars mainly are used to control side to side roll...weight transfer is affected by droop and springs, shock oil
Old 06-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PartTime
I have a normal TC5. I put the new setup for the TC5R on it.

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/setup/tc5_rubber.pdf

The only diffrents is Im running 1 deg camber, I dont have a spool so I just ran the front diff really tight and I dont have the ITF decks with o-rings.

DK
Thanks for the link DK...its funny, now with the TC5R set up we see sway bars in the mix, and lighter oil, too
Old 06-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Sway bars should not affect weight transfer to the front. They should only restrict weight transfer side to side.
I hope someone down here can post a good reason as to why the TC5 on asphalt is not being used with sway bars most of the time, especially by team drivers, who 99.99% of the time do not use the sway bars at all

There must be something about the design of the car that causes it to behave in certain way that they get better results with out the sway bars...I have some reasons as to why this could be, but I'd rather get an answer from truly knowledable guys who have experience with the TC5 on asphalt and can explain this better...hopefully Rick H. can help here soon or DMartin.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I hope someone down here can post a good reason as to why the TC5 on asphalt is not being used with sway bars most of the time, especially by team drivers, who 99.99% of the time do not use the sway bars at all

There must be something about the design of the car that causes it to behave in certain way that they get better results with out the sway bars...I have some reasons as to why this could be, but I'd rather get an answer from truly knowledable guys who have experience with the TC5 on asphalt and can explain this better...hopefully Rick H. can help here soon or DMartin.
After runnning a TC5 for a little while I would say the big reason has to do with the stiffness of the chassis. Even the ITF chassis is pretty stiff compared my other touring cars. I would say that because the chassis does not flex there is less of a reason to run a sway bar. With all of that said I think it really has to do with the track you are running on, and how my setup is working. I have tried sway bars both front and rear on my rubber tire pavement setup, but I am currently not running one in my setup.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Anyone here running a TRINITY based 13.5 BL motor? If so whats your FDR?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_King
Anyone here running a TRINITY based 13.5 BL motor? If so whats your FDR?
start around 4.6 FDR
Old 06-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Any try using HB Cyclone 39T pulley on the TC5? They should work...might be worth a shot to try overdrive on a TC5

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.