Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Because the motor would be spinning in the wrong direction if it were on the other side of the car.
You can run 6 cells on the left side of the chassis with the Xray FK04.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default If AE won't start from the ground up....

I won't buy one. It has too many design issues. Durability being one of them. At times, I wish I had the Xray05 back. The stronger arms, larger hubs, wheel bearings gave me more confidence to push the car and still finish the race.

POOKYT...hope is a good thing. LOL I'm still waiting for my cf XXX-S! I have not gave up on Losi yet and just wait it will come.

Last edited by RCknight; 03-24-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Wishbone Issue

I wouldnt buy one as Im sick of replacing wishbones on my TC4, They are so weak that carbon plastic stuff is so naff!
My TC4 can keep up with the quickest t2 or fk05 on carpet with foams but never finishes races as the wishbones snap if you look at them!!!!!!!!
Anyone else had this issue!
The FT is a slight improvement, but not by much and not worth the money.
Lets see if AE listen to us this time
Gary
Old 03-24-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

They should have used the Pro 4 diff houses. Theres no binding out of the package. They are perfect.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Kinda link when Daimler and Chrysler "MERGED." Technically, Chrysler is still an American company but is owned by a German one.

Originally Posted by Soviet
Not so.

It was a merger.

AE and the Associated Electric brandname is still an American holding; Even though most manufacturing and even some design is now handled by ThunderTiger.

Thus...AE is still TECHNICALLY and American company. Just in the same way Intel or even AMD are American CPU companies, even though their chip fabs are primarily located outside of the USA.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gaza121
I wouldnt buy one as Im sick of replacing wishbones on my TC4, They are so weak that carbon plastic stuff is so naff!
My TC4 can keep up with the quickest t2 or fk05 on carpet with foams but never finishes races as the wishbones snap if you look at them!!!!!!!!
Anyone else had this issue!
The FT is a slight improvement, but not by much and not worth the money.
Lets see if AE listen to us this time
Gary

Dunno what your hitting to break "wishbones" so much, i have had both cars (tub/FT) and only broke a steering rack that wasnt my doing, and two front arms that WERE my doing... so, i cant blame the car... IM the one that hit the boards...
Old 03-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koabich
Kinda link when Daimler and Chrysler "MERGED." Technically, Chrysler is still an American company but is owned by a German one.
When any company buys a CONTROLLING interest in another company it isn't a merger of equals...it's a takeover....

Merger is used to soothe the populace into thinking that their proud red white and blue company is still American and is not under foreign ownership.

koabich hit the nail on the head Daimler and Chrysler 'merged' until people got used to the idea....and then it was no longer discussed as a merger of equals...Daimler exerted that it was in control after having purchased a controlling interest...had it been presented in that manner at the initial time of the deal there would have been massive backlash from the general public...
Old 03-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

I just ebayed my FT TC4 and I am building a T2.

I will never look back at Associated again.

The parts of the Xray are finished and fit so much nicer. The instruction maunal is even nicer. The design is simple and effective. I have driven some T2's before I switched and I loved the steering and precision that I felt driving the car. I can't wait to get my T2 dialed in for me.

I never really liked Associated and I have been building these things since the Rc10 came out. If it is true that Associated is a Thunder Tiger company now, then I will never ever buy anything Associated again. I try to buy American and avoid Chinese. Its nearly impossible these days but I try. In my mind Slovakia is better than China. Maybe Associated could come on here and re-assure us that they still are American owned and made. If they don't we'll just assume they are Thunder Crap now.

These are just my opinions and you guys can beat me up over them if you want. Try e-mailing Associated with your desires for the TC5. I did but I never got a response.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

TTR is Taiwanese, not Chinese (I believe)...

TTR and AE have had a working relationship for years prior to this 'merger'...

I'm an Xray fanatic....but I think that competitor products should be treated with respect...there's no reason to call names, etc...
Old 03-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beerbarron
I just ebayed my FT TC4 and I am building a T2.

I will never look back at Associated again.

The parts of the Xray are finished and fit so much nicer. The instruction maunal is even nicer. The design is simple and effective. I have driven some T2's before I switched and I loved the steering and precision that I felt driving the car. I can't wait to get my T2 dialed in for me.

I never really liked Associated and I have been building these things since the Rc10 came out. If it is true that Associated is a Thunder Tiger company now, then I will never ever buy anything Associated again. I try to buy American and avoid Chinese. Its nearly impossible these days but I try. In my mind Slovakia is better than China. Maybe Associated could come on here and re-assure us that they still are American owned and made. If they don't we'll just assume they are Thunder Crap now.

These are just my opinions and you guys can beat me up over them if you want. Try e-mailing Associated with your desires for the TC5. I did but I never got a response.

The bigger China's economy gets, the harder it becomes to control it's people's desire for self-determination. Whenever you start growing an affluent middle and upper class, those people always seem to shun strict governmental control. (Communism)

For all intensive purposes China's economy is now capitalist. They are also beginning to allow local parliamentary voting. I thoroughly believe that this change has come about due to the United States not treating China as an enemy, but a friend. We toppled the Soviet Union through economic warfare, we're changing China through friendship.

I honestly love the Asian people and sincerely hope that one day China embraces a form of representative Democracy.

Not buying products just because they're "Made in China" doesn't bring us any closer to that goal.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

But... But...

THEY TOOK OUR JOBS! (dert dert derrrrr)

Last edited by syndr0me; 03-24-2006 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Because the motor would be spinning in the wrong direction if it were on the other side of the car.
If you'd move the motor in TC4 to the other side without changing anything else the motor would be spinning in the same direction.

People in other countries can't "take" your job. It's American companies that decide to let people in other countries do the work you used to do because: A. You don't do it well enough. B. They do it for less money.
In the end the reasons don't matter. It's American businessman that decide to give the jobs to someone else just to save couple of dollars.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

so if ae is making a belt driven car when is hpi going to be making a belt driven car?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hurley081182
so if ae is making a belt driven car when is hpi going to be making a belt driven car?
Ummm.... Ever heard of the Hot Bodies Cyclone? HB IS HPI...

Tony
Old 03-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by andsetinn
If you'd move the motor in TC4 to the other side without changing anything else the motor would be spinning in the same direction.
He was talking about belt driven cars. If you move the motor to the other side of a belt driven car, without the use of a 3rd member, the pinion would spin the spur in the opposite direction causing the car to go in reverse... On a shaft car, it makes no difference.

Tony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.