Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 07-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
If we assume $339 for the new TC4BD and you add $100 for the optional aluminum rear hubs and c-hubs (standard on the RDX) it comes up to $439. HMMMM! Now let's look at the design of the hinge pin carriers on the new AE. Very similar to XRay and Corally, so we can also assume that there will be optional low blocks with it also. Probably not aluminum like the RDX though, so chalk one up to AE for cheaper parts. I just hope that they've learned something about parts fitment. OR at least include a bag of shims and a hobby knife for the arms. (You may need those) The car does seem to be doing well though. Top ten at the worlds and still in development stages. Not too shabby.
Tony,

I'd rather spend $4.99 and 10 mins of my time fitting a part than $29.99 any day of the week. If AE can bring the RDX / T2 "feel" with a sane parts replacement program, I'm in.

Nuff said...

-Sean
Old 07-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Plus...lets not forget one IMPORTANT FACT. Aluminum BENDS. Once it bends the part is trashed. one bad hit, rub, knock or jostle and your $29.99 C-Hub is junk...

I'd MUCH rather have a cheap $4.99 part to immediately purchase and slap in as opposed to ruining a 30 buck part in one hit.

Aluminum parts simply aren't that great...Give me a just as effective and cheaper FRP (fiber reinforced plastic) part any damn day...
Old 07-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I agree with Soviet. (Gasp!) If the car offers the T2/RDX type experience with cheaper and more easily available parts, Associated is going to own the US market. I will almost certainly get the car in lieu of the next Corally offering. It's not that I don't love the RDX, because I really do, but getting parts exclusively through mail order isn't always convenient, and keeping a pile of spares around is a bummer. And it's really, really expensive.

Plus, if there's a weakness in the car, there's a MUCH higher chance that an aftermarket company will come up with a solution, rather than having to wait a damn year and a half for the manufacturer to provide a replacement.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I assume you're talking about the price of arms with your $4.99 and $29.99 figures. RDX arms come in a pack of 4 and they go on any corner. Your price scale just took a hit. I agree that it's nice to walk into the shop and buy parts but even when I drove AE, I still had a box of parts. Sure aluminum bends. I'm not trying to sell anyone on benefits or downfalls of either. I was merely comparing apples to apples. Also agree that anyone who builds a "racecar" will fit their parts as accurate as possible and molds don't always allow that. All cars have their downfalls. RDX arms (although I only broke 4 in over a year) and knuckles (poor design easily replaced with aluminum ) and the T2 seems to shed knuckles and c-hubs as a pair. Sometimes the aluminum just makes more sense. I'm not bashing AE, I still love the company and wish them the best of luck with the new car. All cars have a different feel to them and finding one that suits your driving style is important. I hated the JRX-S, loved the RDX and I'm enjoying my T2 now. I believe that is what Syndrome is trying to say with "If the car offers the T2/RDX type experience..." Once again, good luck to AE. And good luck to you when you decide to start racing again. B-main Killa!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Back from Italie.

The car looks good. The team works very much.
Craig Drescher in the A final (What a driver and a worker !!!)
Christer Anderson, Juho Levanen and Kyle skidmore in the C finale, the 3 pilotes makes amazing finales !
Peter Pinish in he D finale and Jon Orr in the E finale.
It's a really good results for AE.
The car was good in qualification but even better in finales !
At the end of the world, ALL the AE Team still works with a long debriefing... Yes this car will be a really good car !

Congratulations AE
Old 07-10-2006, 03:07 PM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

sweet!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by S_fender
Back from Italie.

The car looks good. The team works very much.
Craig Drescher in the A final (What a driver and a worker !!!)
Christer Anderson, Juho Levanen and Kyle skidmore in the C finale, the 3 pilotes makes amazing finales !
Peter Pinish in he D finale and Jon Orr in the E finale.
It's a really good results for AE.
The car was good in qualification but even better in finales !
At the end of the world, ALL the AE Team still works with a long debriefing... Yes this car will be a really good car !

Congratulations AE

Great to hear!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good news to hear, I am sure the car will be dialed.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 07-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

Craig Drecher was also the only driver in A final using brushless motor.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:34 AM
Tech Adept

Ronald Völker was using the lrp brushless system.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

So, are there any other under the body pics of the car out there?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Joe,

If you check out the latest issure of Xtream RC, that has the Reedy race coverage in it, you will see a faint shot of the car without the body on. Drescher's hand is in the way and its pretty blurry
Old 07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys,

How much do you think the car changed since the RROC? I know it still has 4 wheels, white arms and is a belt drive car. Anybody else hear or see something different?

I guess they will be doing some Carpet testing at the IIC in Vegas. This will be some good R & D because they run foam and rubber classes at this race. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 07-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

does anyone know the release date of this new TC??

Mike
Old 07-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Tech Initiate

I just thought of a nifty idea ae should use. I like how yokomo has those little battery inserts in the slots so we dont have to file them to get them good. I was thinking AE should do this, but make it like the 12l4. I mean, most tc's now have the only 6 slots now, because that is the best position, and no one uses the other slot. If AE has it so that you can slide the battery back or forth a fraction of an inch, it would give a tuning edge to some people. just a thought. Mainly I just dont want to file stuff anymore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.