R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2008, 03:05 AM   #5431
Tech Addict
 
Mitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 577
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie View Post
thankyup
__________________
___ _________________________
___ |__|__|__|__|__|__|__|_____\
____ |__T Associated fan bus _|_| __\_
____ |_________________ |_| ____|
____ |_(@"@)____________|_|(@)__|

HOP ON BOARD!!
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:14 AM   #5432
Tech Addict
 
t4mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 541
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thanks much Kraig!
__________________
SC10 4X4 Short Course
SC10 FT 2WD Short Course; FT B4.1 +8mm Buggy
FT T4 Dirt Oval
Silva Concepts R50 Oval
Custom Works Dominator; FT TC3 Trans Am
t4mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:35 AM   #5433
Tech Adept
 
Gain Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Down on the corner out in the street
Posts: 249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
what FDR would you guys reccomend for a 17.5/10.5 system on a track w/ a 100 foot straightaway?
I can only say for Novak motors but these motors have monster torque so the numbers are going to seem off. Just remember to watch the temp on the motor to make sure it doesnt go over the recommended temperature.

17.5 = 3.0 to 3.5
13.5 = 4.0 to 4.5
10.5 = not sure haven't run that one yet.

Also I think on Novak's website they have a graph that gives the recommended FDR on all thier brushless motors.
__________________
DON'T TAZE' ME BRO!!!!!!
Gain Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:39 AM   #5434
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,402
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
I can only say for Novak motors but these motors have monster torque so the numbers are going to seem off. Just remember to watch the temp on the motor to make sure it doesnt go over the recommended temperature.

17.5 = 3.0 to 3.5
13.5 = 4.0 to 4.5
10.5 = not sure haven't run that one yet.

Also I think on Novak's website they have a graph that gives the recommended FDR on all thier brushless motors.
Thanks i was planning on the novak motors. do you know by chance if the ss pro motors come w/ the sintered or bonded rotors?
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #5435
Tech Adept
 
StevenOlsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 176
Default

hi RCTECH
i have a problem with my tc5 !
no matter what I do, it keep lifting the inner wheel so i losing steering.
__________________
Steven Olsen
CAR: Awsomatix A700L.
Nosram 7000 Batteries.
Nosram Comet HD ESC.
Nosram Pure 2 evolution Motor.
StevenOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #5436
Tech Addict
 
RedRocketRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Woodinville,Wa
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

First two things I think of are a free moving suspension and enough travel of the suspension. If you were ot loosen the droop screws will you ride height go up? Alot of time when guys run foam they forget to adjust droop when the tire diameter get smaller and the bend the arms in order to get ride height. If the arm is bound up there may not be enough spring pressure to allow the car to keep the arm down when the weight transfers off the inside corner of the car.

Hope this helps

RedRocket
__________________
Mastercard fresh off of Suspension
www.HomeRestorationsInc.com

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #5437
Tech Adept
 
StevenOlsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 176
Default

I run rubber and the arms are a little tight
__________________
Steven Olsen
CAR: Awsomatix A700L.
Nosram 7000 Batteries.
Nosram Comet HD ESC.
Nosram Pure 2 evolution Motor.
StevenOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:31 PM   #5438
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing View Post
First two things I think of are a free moving suspension and enough travel of the suspension. If you were ot loosen the droop screws will you ride height go up? Alot of time when guys run foam they forget to adjust droop when the tire diameter get smaller and the bend the arms in order to get ride height. If the arm is bound up there may not be enough spring pressure to allow the car to keep the arm down when the weight transfers off the inside corner of the car.

Hope this helps

RedRocket
You shouldnt need to adjust droop when you tire diameter / ride height changes. Neither of those effect uptravel.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #5439
Tech Fanatic
 
m8commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brentwood Estates, CA
Posts: 942
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Ok Guys! I told you I would post my results........using the ITF Top plate, Standard lower chassis, and all hard parts.........

TQ and Win

Here is my setup! Please try it!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tc5_williams_BCR_2008.pdf (411.9 KB, 213 views)
__________________
JAF RACING / AIRTRONICS

Last edited by m8commando; 03-03-2008 at 04:14 PM.
m8commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #5440
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,760
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8commando View Post
Ok Guys! I told you I would post my results........using the ITF Top plate, Standard lower chassis, and all hard parts.........

TQ and Win

Here is my setup! Please try it!

Note: The sways were Front Silver Rear Black...set up sheet is wrong....also Droop was 5 front 4 Rear. Sorry
GO BACK AND EDIT THAT SHEET UNTIL IT'S PERFECT......LOL
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #5441
Tech Addict
 
RedRocketRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Woodinville,Wa
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
You shouldnt need to adjust droop when you tire diameter / ride height changes. Neither of those effect uptravel.
Maybe not now a days since the tires are one or two run and done. I have not run foam in about 3 years. When I did and you started foams at about 58.5 or 59mm and you ran them down to 55.5 to 56 than yes it did affect droop. As the tires wore and the chassis's ride height went down you adjust the spring collars down, and you lost up travel. So, you had to always adjust the droop.
__________________
Mastercard fresh off of Suspension
www.HomeRestorationsInc.com

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #5442
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing View Post
Maybe not now a days since the tires are one or two run and done. I have not run foam in about 3 years. When I did and you started foams at about 58.5 or 59mm and you ran them down to 55.5 to 56 than yes it did affect droop. As the tires wore and the chassis's ride height went down you adjust the spring collars down, and you lost up travel. So, you had to always adjust the droop.
Shock collar adjustment shouldn't have an effect on uptravel either.

From Xtreme RC: http://www.rc411.com/pages/howto.php?howto=2&page=1

DROOP QUESTION #97
Doesn't changing the shocks affect droop?

One of the most common reactions people have to seeing somebody check tweak is, "doesn't that change the droop that is already set?" It may seem odd at first, but droop actually remains unaffected from a shock collar change. Thinking back, you will remember that droop is the difference between the suspension's maximum extension at that corner and the ride height. Since the maximum extension occurs in an un-sprung state, the shock collar is removed from the equation. If you had to make drastic changes to un-tweak your car (and if you did, something is probably wrong) you may have change the ride height afterwards. To do this, make exactly the same adjustment on both shocks on the same side to raise or lower the car. As long as you make the same adjustment, the car will remain un-tweaked, and as long as you return to the original ride height, the droop will remain unaffected as well.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:52 PM   #5443
Tech Fanatic
 
m8commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brentwood Estates, CA
Posts: 942
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
GO BACK AND EDIT THAT SHEET UNTIL IT'S PERFECT......LOL
Clint I fixed it!
__________________
JAF RACING / AIRTRONICS
m8commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #5444
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,433
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

You absolutely need to check droop as tire size changes.

As the tire becomes smaller, your car looses droop. Droop is the difference between the chassis and the track surface at full suspension extension. If you use the droop gauge, 7 is 7, at 5mm ride height or 3mm ride height.

It is true that changing the shock collar will not effect droop, but changing the tires will.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #5445
Tech Addict
 
RedRocketRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Woodinville,Wa
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
You absolutely need to check droop as tire size changes.

As the tire becomes smaller, your car looses droop. Droop is the difference between the chassis and the track surface at full suspension extension.

It is true that changing the shock collar will not effect droop, but changing the tires will.
All I meant is that as tires get smaller you have to adjsut the collares to maintain the ride height. Thus reducing the uptravel of the cars. All the same. Thanks you.


RedRocket
__________________
Mastercard fresh off of Suspension
www.HomeRestorationsInc.com

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Losi XXXS G+ with parts!! Team Orion V2 Hitec 5625 cola R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 06-18-2008 08:11 PM
BATTERIES - Team Orion 4200 SHO Team Cells (6 cell) packs................... For Sale 2-Bad Australia For Sale/Trade 0 03-21-2008 02:16 AM
New Items for Sale Tamiya F103gt Chassis Kit, Team Much More CTX-D, Novak, Team Orion Tsquare R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 04-17-2007 08:29 PM
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:27 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0