R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-17-2008, 11:16 AM   #5356
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
Fatbear - Check your steering linkages are the same length left to right. Have you got a sway bar either end? If so disconnect them (both) and try running it then and see if it still has unequal steering.
Corallyman, Bigger Brother,
The steering links are exactly the same length as I am always so fussy on that point. I have been running a sway bar up front but that is perfectly level and free. But it is certainly an idea to run it without to see if the problem is still there so I will try it.
At the moment the car is completely in bits and I am going through everything to see if I can find it.

Keep the ideas coming. Thanks.
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #5357
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

where are you guy's mounting your transponders?
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #5358
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
where are you guy's mounting your transponders?
On top of the servo or over in front of the battery on the left side. Those are both good places, but the battery side helps with r/l balance.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #5359
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbear View Post
Corallyman, Bigger Brother,
The steering links are exactly the same length as I am always so fussy on that point. I have been running a sway bar up front but that is perfectly level and free. But it is certainly an idea to run it without to see if the problem is still there so I will try it.
At the moment the car is completely in bits and I am going through everything to see if I can find it.

Keep the ideas coming. Thanks.
Fatbear-

I am having the same problems. I have found that it is a sign that my chassis has got a major tweak. When I go and re-flatten my chassis it goes away. My car is a major tweak monster. I get bad tweak with the slightest hit. I also notices that my top deck deosn't match up well with the holes on the bulkheads too. They are about .5mm off. This does not help with the tweak.

RedRocket

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #5360
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had my best weekend yet with the TC5. I race on carpet with a 19t motor on foams. This car rocks I am still using the set up that Robk tweeked from the novak and having a ball.
I have notice one thing is a set of scales is priceless in getting the car to handle consistently. I have my car set to show all four ends of the car only weigh a difference of 3 to maybe 4 grams difference.
CRC WTF-1
Jsaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:41 AM   #5361
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What happened at the Indoor Championships in Ohio? I just read the race results and only one TC5 driver made it into the top 5?
Old 02-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #5362
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
What happened at the Indoor Championships in Ohio? I just read the race results and only one TC5 driver made it into the top 5?
They were still testing the hard parts, different materials and what not. Now that these parts are in full production and the team found what the car wants to do with these parts it seems to be doing very well.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #5363
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've got the yokomo white belt on my car and it feels a tad loose. Whats the best way to tighten it up, not quite picking it up from the instruction book.
Silva Concepts R50 Oval
Custom Works Dominator; FT TC3 Trans Am
t4mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:34 PM   #5364
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Paging RBLove

RBLove,

I sent you a PM about something your selling, did you recieve it? Could you let me know, I really want to buy it if its still available. Sorry guys to hijack the thread for a bit.

Thanks,
Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:59 PM   #5365
Tech Adept

I have been running the stock parts and although they flex quite a bit the car has been hooked up. I am still a 1/10 a lap slower than the Xrays and Corallys at my track. We are all pretty close in our driving skills. The car just seems to take off every so often. As far as the car goes the only thing I can see that might cause this is the flex.

I have a two of every hard part ordered and cant wait to try them out to see if it lays down more consistent laps.

One question though..did the factory guys have to change their set up because of reducing the flex or did the harder parts just sharpen the handling?
Old 02-21-2008, 05:41 AM   #5366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
I have been running the stock parts and although they flex quite a bit the car has been hooked up. I am still a 1/10 a lap slower than the Xrays and Corallys at my track. We are all pretty close in our driving skills. The car just seems to take off every so often. As far as the car goes the only thing I can see that might cause this is the flex.

I have a two of every hard part ordered and cant wait to try them out to see if it lays down more consistent laps.

One question though..did the factory guys have to change their set up because of reducing the flex or did the harder parts just sharpen the handling?
If you are running the setup ROBK posted that setup was from factory driver brian jucha and he ran that setup at the novak race and he did run all the hard parts on his car. When you put those hard parts on the car it is only going to get better and faster.

Another thing you can do to help the cause would be the diggity designs aluminum caster blocks. They are awesome and i got them as soon as they came out.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #5367
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Sorry if this has been asked before. What size hex is really needed for the CVD set screws? Either the bit in my Integy wrench is wrong or the size listed in the manual isnt correct. Or there is a problem with the screw itself.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #5368
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before. What size hex is really needed for the CVD set screws? Either the bit in my Integy wrench is wrong or the size listed in the manual isnt correct. Or there is a problem with the screw itself.

1.5mm
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #5369
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet View Post
If you are running the setup ROBK posted that setup was from factory driver brian jucha and he ran that setup at the novak race and he did run all the hard parts on his car. When you put those hard parts on the car it is only going to get better and faster.

Another thing you can do to help the cause would be the diggity designs aluminum caster blocks. They are awesome and i got them as soon as they came out.
I started with the Juho Snowbirds Feb 2007 setup and tweaked it a little to get rid of the loose in and tight off condition I got with it. It is hooked up now. I shaved 3 full seconds a lap off from when I started with the car. Driving experience mostly but the final 1 was from adjusting the car.

Some of the hard parts came in the mail today. The rest should be here next week. I guess I need to compare my set up to the one RobK posted to see the differences. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #5370
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You should get more steering with the hard parts. Just hard caster blocks will add more steering to the car.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote