Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
Whatever Carpet Foam setup you decide on, be sure to order all the HARD suspension parts Associated recently released.
Curious, are you recommending that because you've noticed that much of a difference? I'm considering going to the stiffer arms, but the stock ones have held out well as far as being reliable. Not sure I want to open Pandoras box on part breakage...for a small to negligible difference (if that's the case)
Old 02-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone had any trouble getting the shock shafts into the shock body. It seems the seal retainer is too big to go in.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t4mania
Has anyone had any trouble getting the shock shafts into the shock body. It seems the seal retainer is too big to go in.
2 of my buddies who built these cars had the same issure........they did it.but not sure how.they said it was a bitch...........good luck
Old 02-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Morris, finally got 1 in and you were right, they are a bitch!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

T4mania, they are a tight fit...I used the flat back of a allen driver to help push them in. It has to be a small handle that fits into the shock body. Just be carefull to line the insert up strait and push it in till it stops...also, once you have inserted all 4, slide the shock shafts(with the pistons on) into the bodies and measure the length to make sure all 4 of them are the same. If they are not then the shorter ones are not inserted all the way...
Old 02-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Verndog
Curious, are you recommending that because you've noticed that much of a difference? I'm considering going to the stiffer arms, but the stock ones have held out well as far as being reliable. Not sure I want to open Pandoras box on part breakage...for a small to negligible difference (if that's the case)
Verndog,

The hard suspension parts definately help a TC5 that is setup for foam/carpet...I will be trying them on my rubber car also when the grip is high...the decrease in flex helps to free the car up when traction is high..
Old 02-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Im having a problem with my shocks too, i followed the directions, I put the o-ring spacer, o-ring and seal retainer, filled with oil, bled them and let them sit, when it came time to put the shocks on the car I checked the rebound again and found that the shocks were dead and oil was leaking from the top, i called AE and i was told to sand down the shock caps a little bit so i could tighten the caps more for a better seal. This did not work and all I did was damage the bladder, I built the shocks without the VCS foam like most people have suggested on here, I NEED HELP! anyone?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
I have had the hard parts on my car since the Novak race, and I haven't had a problem. I do encourage everybody to use a large hard plastic front bumper like CEFX offers (#30050) no matter what since this has reduced parts breakage to negligible amounts.

http://cefxraceway.net/?mainURL=%2Fs...tem_id%3D1zqn3

The car will definitely steer more. Steering = fast on foams
Old 02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Powers
Im having a problem with my shocks too, i followed the directions, I put the o-ring spacer, o-ring and seal retainer, filled with oil, bled them and let them sit, when it came time to put the shocks on the car I checked the rebound again and found that the shocks were dead and oil was leaking from the top, i called AE and i was told to sand down the shock caps a little bit so i could tighten the caps more for a better seal. This did not work and all I did was damage the bladder, I built the shocks without the VCS foam like most people have suggested on here, I NEED HELP! anyone?
Since it sounds like you have a problem with the shock tops-
1. fill with oil as normal

2. place bladder on top of shock, making sure to let out any air trapped under the bladder.

3. Stack plastic shock end on bladder, then the aluminum blue cap over that.

4. Slowly start to screw on the cap, enough to get the threads started. Push the shaft in almost to the threaded portion. Oil/air may come out.

5. Screw on slightly more, making sure the shaft is not rebounding/sliding out. Everything should feel seated correctly. Continue holding the shaft in as you finish screwing on the cap.

6. Check rebound. You may need to partially loosen the cap if the rebound is too fast/too much, and let some oil out. You'll notice the cap gets to a point where you can feel it's not tight, then you can push in the shaft to get some oil out.

I had to play with the shocks a lot, and I also built a TON of shocks to be able to get a good feel for everything. Once you get the feel, it goes together pretty quick. It's not really hard, but if you just play around a bit, you'll get it.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Whats your preference on an outdoor asphalt medium sized track. Diff, Spool, or One Way.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Whats your preference on an outdoor asphalt medium sized track. Diff, Spool, or One Way.
Spool 90% of the time these days...it seems the cars are designed with a spool in mind lately.

Sometimes on a large sweeping track with medium grip, I will use a one-way.

I havent used a diff on asphalt in a long time.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

While since we are finally talking shocks I will ask my question... again.

What packages are poeple running on their cars and how do they like them?

I am running 50wt all around wiht one rebound foam, and red losi pistons. with 50% rebound.

I like the car to have a slow weight transfer from side to side and I think it helps keep the car settled thru the chicanes. I also run loose so I need the suspension to work a little slower.

My shock problem. I keep having the bladders fall into the shock. Re-did my front shocks 3 times on friday night, Finally got pissed and went home. Was tired of dealing with them, If I had had them with me I would of tried to mount my tamiyas on the car.

RedRocket
Old 02-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

how do you install the blades on the cdv's I am looking at the blades and alum diff halves, but don't you have to push the pin out of the stock driveshafts? I didn't get any replacement pins, also can I use them with the front one-way?
Old 02-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigemike
how do you install the blades on the cdv's I am looking at the blades and alum diff halves, but don't you have to push the pin out of the stock driveshafts? I didn't get any replacement pins, also can I use them with the front one-way?
You do not have to push the pin out. The blades are installed by stretching them on the pin with force. The blades are for the aluminum diff and aluminum spool...they are not for the oneway...
Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default TC5 Aluminum 6 Degree Caster Block Sets

Associated TC5 Aluminum 6 degree caster block sets are now in stock at www.diggitydesigns.com!! Low pricing and they look sweet. No more breaking those plastic ones and they rid the block from flexing for better performance!

Damon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.