Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ran my TC5 for the first time tonight, And was averaging about .3 faster than my T2 was last time I rant the track. I was pleased with the way the car drove but found it to be a bit twitchy as the car transfrerd from side to side throught the chicanes. So, what I wasn't pleased with was my shock package that I put on the car.

Running Stock Rubber tire on carpet.

I built all of my shocks the same so I had a base line to work from. I used 50wt trinity, losi red pistons, and had about a 75% rebound.

I felt like the car was pretty good into the corners, wasn't diving to hard forward or loosing the weight off the back, but througth the chicanes the car was really edgy. Very unpredictable.

What have other guys experienced with their chock packages?

RedRocket
Old 01-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default O rings

Firstly ... Thanks to everyone who has been posting here .. I have picked up many good tips.

I have just built my new TC5 and plan to run it on asphalt on rubber outdoors in the UK. I will be running Novak 10.5 brushless.

Any specific tips greatly appreciated. I have already bought the softer gold/silver springs.

I have seen the O rings on the top deck mentioned and am wondering:
a.) if this will be a good idea and if yes exactly where to place them and
b.) the best gearing for this motor. (48 pitch)

Thanks again to all
Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
Ran my TC5 for the first time tonight, And was averaging about .3 faster than my T2 was last time I rant the track. I was pleased with the way the car drove but found it to be a bit twitchy as the car transfrerd from side to side throught the chicanes. So, what I wasn't pleased with was my shock package that I put on the car.

Running Stock Rubber tire on carpet.

I built all of my shocks the same so I had a base line to work from. I used 50wt trinity, losi red pistons, and had about a 75% rebound.

I felt like the car was pretty good into the corners, wasn't diving to hard forward or loosing the weight off the back, but througth the chicanes the car was really edgy. Very unpredictable.

What have other guys experienced with their chock packages?

RedRocket
Glad you like the car Anders!!

one thing to try would be no rebound foam at all...if you bleed the shock right you will have about 25% rebound...See ya at SIR sometime and we can compare notes...
Old 01-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am having a problem with burning up the outside rear hub bearings. I am using the Juho Snowbird set up with the 1 degree rear toe hubs. It is a carpet track with Medium to High grip and I am running double pink Jacos in the rear. Does anyone know why the bearing would be going bad so often?

I used the search function but didnt find any posts concerning this issue. It has been several bearings and I know two other racers having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think that the bearings are not that great. I have reduced one to parts myself. You may want to replace them with a better bearing.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I think that the bearings are not that great. I have reduced one to parts myself. You may want to replace them with a better bearing.
Thank you for the reply. I am trying a different bearing and will see how this one goes. I want to be sure it isnt that the set up is stressing the bearing too much before I invest in the really expensive ones......of course it could be that the really expensive ones are needed to solve the problem. Thanks again.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:38 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Keep in mind that hard side impacts damage bearings regardless of quality. That hard berm shot off the outside wall coming onto a straight is alway a killer
Old 01-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

CONGRATS ON THE WIN PW
Old 01-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There are a ton of pages on this car and it would prob take a day or two to look at it all so i figured I would just ask, does anyone know if a 116 spur would fit on this car? and what would you guys gear this car with a 116 spur in 19 turn on a track thats 90x40? Thank you in advance.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sean Powers
There are a ton of pages on this car and it would prob take a day or two to look at it all so i figured I would just ask, does anyone know if a 116 spur would fit on this car? and what would you guys gear this car with a 116 spur in 19 turn on a track thats 90x40? Thank you in advance.
A 64pitch 116 will fit the TC5. As for gearing, are you running rubber tires? If you are, Stellflue ran 114/41 at the Reedy race in 19turn....not sure what size the Tamiya track is but I think its bigger than 90x40. Im not a gearing expert, but I hope this helps you a little...

Sean

Last edited by Maybell; 01-27-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys, I'm having some minor problems with my TC5 on my local carpet track,when the traction comes up my car seems to slow down.I'm running Juho's set-up with the following deviations.Red springs mounted at 4b on the front.The steering link mounted at 1A for more ackerman.Blue springs on the rear,no rear swaybar.I appreciate any help, Thanks.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Guy put the rubber tire setup robk posted its from ken pepe his car is dialed. copy it to a t and you will be hooked up
Old 01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Hey guys, I'm having some minor problems with my TC5 on my local carpet track,when the traction comes up my car seems to slow down.I'm running Juho's set-up with the following deviations.Red springs mounted at 4b on the front.The steering link mounted at 1A for more ackerman.Blue springs on the rear,no rear swaybar.I appreciate any help, Thanks.

Got any more details? Foam or rubber tires, (I am not aware of the setup.) You say when the grip comes up to what level? Medium of high? Where is the car slowing down? Entry, middle, or exit of the corner? Is the grip making the car roll over on its edges and causeing the car to be really edgey and making you slow down cause it might dump over?

The first thing I always make adjustment to is the roll center of the the arm mounts, This is a major adjustment but, make the best grip and side bite adjustments to a setup. Up for less grip and down for more. If the grip is coming up than you might want to go up on the roll centers. After that play wiht the camber links and shocks settings to fine tune.

Hope this helps, always makes my car better.

RedRocket
Old 01-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Mike, I'll try Ken's setup.
RedRocket.I'm running rubber-CS27 tires.The problem is hard to diagose, the car wasn't pushing or oversteering.Just to try something I tried raising the front roll center but that caused the car to have too much steering.I'm going to try Ken Pepe's setup from the Novak race.I heard the conditions were similar to what I experienced today.Thanks for replying.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Initiate

It has probably been mentioned, but does anyone know if or when the hard suspension parts will be available? I noticed the distributors did not have them, but does AE have them in stock?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.