Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wallstreet
DAVEW

we all must be stupid then cause brent thielke posted on the ae forum, where there is talk just about associated cars and no bs or people ragging on the car and he also said the closest associated pistons are

associated 3 = losi 57
associated 2 = losi 56

also posted on the same forum under a different thread craig drescher also says the 57 and 56s are just like 3s and 2s

I guess everyone has there facts wrong
Originally Posted by DaveW
Youre right. I withdraw. Since the rest of us lowly racers that have spent years and years wrenchin on these suspensions arent sponsored, then our words carry no weight... or meaning. Noone says "... well, DaveW said blah blah blah..." and then the heavens open up, and ladies fall braless to their knees. Regardless, until you purchase the drill bits for yourself... and do the WORK yourself... you will continue to quote the words of other people... you flippin fanBOI. If everyone thought like you, then they would realize what YOU say is worthless, because NOONE knows who the eff WALLSTREET is. And your words carry no weight...

Is the wiener measuring contest over now?

I'm not in charge here in any way, but this is retarded crap that needs to stop.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Jsaves, generally the Parma Alfa or Mohawk. The lightweight usually makes the car more reactive and faster on laptime, but they are flimsy. If your car gets too crazy twitchy on superhigh bite (yeah, i know this only matters if you're at a big race), the regular weight may actually be better. I was driving a guy's car at the Novak w/ a reg. weight, and it was very smooth, with a setup close to mine. The lightweights may be better on overall laptime though, due to the cg being a lot lower.
and if your running a lightweight and you need to be marshalled, chances are you will end up with a body-tuck or a wingless body...
Old 01-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

I agree on the lightweights. However you will be slow if everybody else is running them. At least w/ foam and carpet...
Old 01-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

I agree on the lightweights. However you will be slow if everybody else is running them. At least w/ foam and carpet...
I would run them at races like the Snowbirds of course, but not for local racing...but thats just me..
Old 01-23-2008, 11:17 AM
GSP
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spool / Oneway

For a returning racer after taking 6 years off is a spool or oneway needed on carpet with rubber tires in stock class?

Back when I raced a TC3 the oneway was the way to go but now with the TC5 and belts I have no idea if they are needed.

Can you please explain what a spool does and when do you use a oneway or spool and do you use them together?

Sorry about all of the questions but I am just getting back into it and I am learning all over again.

Thanks for all of your help in advance and trust me I will have more questions once I get my car and start putting it together.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

a spool locks both axles together. if one wheel is turning so is the other.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

You don't necessarily need either to start off, especially if you haven't run in 6 years. Usually the one way is faster, unless the traction is pretty low, at least on carpet.

The spool usually pushes into the corner, and steers a lot leaving. Good brakes.

The oneway will steer into the corner hard and be good out too.

Maybe some others can chime in, as I haven't been running much rubber.

IMHO

Good luck.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The past few months I have been running my car with a diff in the front. But last week I felt like I was loosing out on some of the drive I needed off the corners so I switched to the spool. After some brief testing and a few setup changes, I pretty much have the car where I want it. I will post my thoughts on it after this weekend and try to give some sort of a comparison. But as of now, my thoughts are : One way or spool. Dif just seems to have less overall punch.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yup, I agree it sucks, not to mention if you aren't an expert painter, you can hardly mask one off without cutting right through the dang thing.

I have never in my life yelled "body tuck" but I feel it's coming next weekend at the Snowbirds.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Yup, I agree it sucks, not to mention if you aren't an expert painter, you can hardly mask one off without cutting right through the dang thing.
One reason why we are seeing more and more 1 color paint jobs out on the track.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I am gonna be running a 10.5 (Peak Vantage) with rubber tires on a smaller/tight carpet course. What is a recommended starting gearing for pinion and spur gear?

Also anyone have a link to a rubber (28R) setup for carpet. Gonna be using the one-way and the ITF chassis and upper deck.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by cpatel529; 01-24-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

cpatel529: Look for the setup posted by robk a page or two back. It is very good and should work with the tires you are using.

How long is the track?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Kraig - Found the setup. Thanks!

The track that I am running at is a 60' x 48' track. The long straight is 60'. Any starting pinion/spur gear for a 10.5 would be very helpful (i am assuming that I will be running 64 pitch).

Last edited by cpatel529; 01-24-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton

I have never in my life yelled "body tuck" but I feel it's coming next weekend at the Snowbirds.
Originally Posted by Kraig
One reason why we are seeing more and more 1 color paint jobs out on the track.

That is what the pro painters are for. lol
Old 01-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
G'Day Chris

I run a TC5 here in Sth East QLD and am have now got it to be very stable. There's a few of us running them in different guises but we are all having great success with them.

You say the rear end has no grip, is this on power or off. Also what classes are you guy's running and is the track large with sweeping bends or technical with a mix of tight and open turns?

Cheers
Aaron
ugpm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.