Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC5 >

Team Associated TC5

Team Associated TC5

Old 01-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grassy
Can someone please post a rubber tyre sorex 36 med-c setup for a asphelt painted track (fairy meadow for the aussies in this thread) we just had the summernats and myself and 2 other TC5 drivers had trouble with the lack of rear traction all weekendand tryed everything from shock springs, oils, rollcentres we had the itf chassis and top plates on played with diff tension o-rings on the top deck but we just couldnt get enough rear grip it was like a drift car.
any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Cheers
Chris
G'Day Chris

I run a TC5 here in Sth East QLD and am have now got it to be very stable. There's a few of us running them in different guises but we are all having great success with them.

You say the rear end has no grip, is this on power or off. Also what classes are you guy's running and is the track large with sweeping bends or technical with a mix of tight and open turns?

Cheers
Aaron
Old 01-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grassy
Can someone please post a rubber tyre sorex 36 med-c setup for a asphelt painted track (fairy meadow for the aussies in this thread) we just had the summernats and myself and 2 other TC5 drivers had trouble with the lack of rear traction all weekendand tryed everything from shock springs, oils, rollcentres we had the itf chassis and top plates on played with diff tension o-rings on the top deck but we just couldnt get enough rear grip it was like a drift car.
any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Cheers
Chris
I highly recommended use Trinity shock oil F/40 R/35, Asso Spring F/blue R/silver, #2 piston with 25% rebound.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
G'Day Chris

I run a TC5 here in Sth East QLD and am have now got it to be very stable. There's a few of us running them in different guises but we are all having great success with them.

You say the rear end has no grip, is this on power or off. Also what classes are you guy's running and is the track large with sweeping bends or technical with a mix of tight and open turns?

Cheers
Aaron
Hi Aaron

this is off power on the entry to the corner, we are running mod brushless 3.5 and the track is technical with a mix of 2 long straights and tight corners.

Cheers
Chris
Old 01-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Seems as though your transfering too much weight forward, which will generate a lot of steering and make it feel as though you have no rear grip.

Try all or some of the following, remember that your driving style will differ from your mates etc and these changes are based on having the car at the kit standard (with ITF chassis/Top Plate).

1. Run 35wt oil #2 pistons all round with Silver rear / Gold Front springs
2. Add 1 deg Anti Dive
3. Decrease your rear droop (1mm at a time)
4. Use the Silver sway bar up front and the black on the rear
5. Lay your rear shocks over 1 hole (more inclined)
6. Level ride height will help too, say 5mm front / rear if the track is reasonably smooth

There are a lot of other things that can contribute to over steer, but for a start try the above. Most of those suggestions are about limiting the amount of weight the car transfers to the front end when you brake or get off the power.

Re-set your upper roll centres to the kit setting and make sure your running 3 deg rear toe and a neutral rear lower roll centre setting.

Ive found this car has tonnes of steering and when set up well you can push it hard and it just sticks, but I have also noticed that when I enter a corner slower than normal, I generate oversteer, so it almost beggs you to push it a little harder than expected.

As mentioned there are other things you can try but those suggestions should even out the car a fair bit, and remember to ease the throttle in mod. I found it's all about smooth accel/braking in mod.

Let us now if anything helped

Cheers
Aaron
Old 01-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Aaron - it was great to run a TC5 along side you at Bayside the other week. I'm looking forward to a few more races with you guys.

Cheers
Shev
Old 01-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
Sarcasm is my second language. Apparently some people cant accept constructive criticism. It has nothing to do with any particular crowd of racers. To be blunt, ill say this, post up when what you type is correct. And dont go all "drama queen" in defense of your injured pride.

That is all.
I SAID THERE ISNT ENOUGH LOVE AROUND HERE DAMMITSO START LOVIN
Old 01-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (93%+)

DAVEW

we all must be stupid then cause brent thielke posted on the ae forum, where there is talk just about associated cars and no bs or people ragging on the car and he also said the closest associated pistons are

associated 3 = losi 57
associated 2 = losi 56

also posted on the same forum under a different thread craig drescher also says the 57 and 56s are just like 3s and 2s

I guess everyone has there facts wrong
Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Hey guys! This forum is awesome! Lots of good info on the TC5. I am looking to get one as soon as possible.

Was planning on running carpet/rubber with a 10.5 BL motor and 6000 MaxAmp lipo packs. Am I going to have any problem with battery clearance?

Also was wondering if a front spool was recommended and whether the ITF chassis was used for carpet (or does it provide too much flex)?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shev
Hey Aaron - it was great to run a TC5 along side you at Bayside the other week. I'm looking forward to a few more races with you guys.

Cheers
Shev

Hey mate,

Don't you mean "IN FRONT" of me.....

I think the Summer Cup at Logan is coming up soon, so I hope you guy's can make the trip down, would be good to catch up again. See if we can get a TC5 trifectaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... ..

Cheers
Aaron
Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpatel529
Hey guys! This forum is awesome! Lots of good info on the TC5. I am looking to get one as soon as possible.

Was planning on running carpet/rubber with a 10.5 BL motor and 6000 MaxAmp lipo packs. Am I going to have any problem with battery clearance?

Also was wondering if a front spool was recommended and whether the ITF chassis was used for carpet (or does it provide too much flex)?

Any help would be appreciated.
A spool on carpet can work great in certain conditions. The only downside is front end durability. When running a spool, any front end collision has the risk of breaking the drive shaft blades which will eat up the aluminum in no time. The advantages are on "green" tracks where the traction isn't that high, the spool is easier to drive consistently. Keep in mind that whenever conditions favor a one-way, they are usually faster, and if the track doesn't have many hard breaking points, the one way will be prefered over the spool.

As for the ITF, it works in all rubber conditions, even carpet.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Thanks for the help brandon. Just bought a TC5 and waiting for it to come in. It will have the ITF chassis and upper deck so I should be ok with that. Gonna pick up a one-way when I get to the hobby shop.

Looking forward to running this car!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallstreet
DAVEW

we all must be stupid then cause brent thielke posted on the ae forum, where there is talk just about associated cars and no bs or people ragging on the car and he also said the closest associated pistons are

associated 3 = losi 57
associated 2 = losi 56

also posted on the same forum under a different thread craig drescher also says the 57 and 56s are just like 3s and 2s

I guess everyone has there facts wrong

Youre right. I withdraw. Since the rest of us lowly racers that have spent years and years wrenchin on these suspensions arent sponsored, then our words carry no weight... or meaning. Noone says "... well, DaveW said blah blah blah..." and then the heavens open up, and ladies fall braless to their knees. Regardless, until you purchase the drill bits for yourself... and do the WORK yourself... you will continue to quote the words of other people... you flippin fanBOI. If everyone thought like you, then they would realize what YOU say is worthless, because NOONE knows who the eff WALLSTREET is. And your words carry no weight...

Old 01-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
I SAID THERE ISNT ENOUGH LOVE AROUND HERE DAMMITSO START LOVIN
See above post for your love, bub.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

What bodies are you guys running on the TC5 for carpet foams?
I am running a parma alfa right now in 19t.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Jsaves, generally the Parma Alfa or Mohawk. The lightweight usually makes the car more reactive and faster on laptime, but they are flimsy. If your car gets too crazy twitchy on superhigh bite (yeah, i know this only matters if you're at a big race), the regular weight may actually be better. I was driving a guy's car at the Novak w/ a reg. weight, and it was very smooth, with a setup close to mine. The lightweights may be better on overall laptime though, due to the cg being a lot lower.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.